using interfolio after you have been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaki

needs help
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on this...

I am starting medical school this fall, and I am just finishing up a research volunteer position. I don't know if my work will end up getting my name on a publication, but my supervisors really seemed to like me.

I wanted to get a sort of general letter of recommendation from my main supervisor before I left this lab, and was thinking he could just write one and I could stick it in interfolio, for later use... for example looking for some other volunteer clinical or research position while I am in med school. I heard that a lot of students at the med school I will attend use volunteering as a way to establish residency, so I thought having letters like this might help me to get a nice spot more quickly.

But when I looked at the website (I did not use interfolio before), it looked like it was geared more for premed or preprofessional or predoctoral students. Should I have him write a letter and send it to interfolio? Is there some more suitable equivalent website I should be using instead? Or what?

Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.