using interfolio after you have been accepted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gaki, May 16, 2008.

1. gaki

gaki needs help

Medical Student
    Hello, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on this...

I am starting medical school this fall, and I am just finishing up a research volunteer position. I don't know if my work will end up getting my name on a publication, but my supervisors really seemed to like me.

I wanted to get a sort of general letter of recommendation from my main supervisor before I left this lab, and was thinking he could just write one and I could stick it in interfolio, for later use... for example looking for some other volunteer clinical or research position while I am in med school. I heard that a lot of students at the med school I will attend use volunteering as a way to establish residency, so I thought having letters like this might help me to get a nice spot more quickly.

But when I looked at the website (I did not use interfolio before), it looked like it was geared more for premed or preprofessional or predoctoral students. Should I have him write a letter and send it to interfolio? Is there some more suitable equivalent website I should be using instead? Or what?

Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Pre-med issue and moved to Pre-allo.