Using older versions of first aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuber101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been looking at other threads and I think it's well established that it's optimal to use the newest version of First aid. This seems to be the case if you're taking your exam in the usual time period of May, June when you have enough time to familiarize yourself with the latest edition. I am taking my exam in January 2015 and I was just wondering would it make a difference if I used the 2014 edition or use the 2015 edition or is it not worth it? I tend to be quite OCD about these things and would really appreciate it if someone can allay my concerns.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Yea use 2014 for first read through. If you've got money to drop and you have a month or so before your exam, I would get the 2015 and do the 2nd read through FA. I doubt it will affect your score in big way, but it may help you get 2-3 questions compared to using 2014.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Given that FA 2015 comes out at the end of December and my exam is near the end of January, it probably wouldn't be the best idea
to switch to a new book so close to my test date

With your exam in january, I say stick with 2014. I've read both 2013 and 2014, and despite there being a difference of about 50 pages between the two books, honestly, it wouldn't have made a difference which book I read when it came to the exam.