Using SN2ed's 3 month study schedule WHILE taking summer courses??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I plan on applying next spring to MD schools in Texas, however I am unable to take the MCAT until AFTER I graduate in August (I plan on taking the MCAT in late august or early September). I have already spoken with the admissions director of my main prospective school and was told that it is fine that I apply before submitting my MCAT, however they will not review my application until my scores in...which puts me under a lot of pressure to make a very competitive score.

Now, I am not taking any courses in May, but I am taking Zoology in June and Genetics in July. Am I good to go on the SN2ed's study schedule for June-August? Or is that too rigorous of a plan while still taking these summer classes? Thanks for your responses.

PS. I'm getting married the month after I get my MCAT grades back....no pressure :eek::scared: lol

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently taking Biochem, Microbio, and Vertebrate Morphogenesis and taking the mcat in a few days.

Not that big of a deal but more time and less classes would help.

Have you been doing the specific SN2'ed schedule, or have you gone by another method while taking these other classes?

Have you been doing the specific SN2'ed schedule, or have you gone by another method while taking these other classes?

I made my own schedule and did not follow that schedule. His (or hers) specifically says try not to do this while taking classes.

My schedule is faster and according to a pace I'm comfortable studying at. Either way I was putting in 40-45 hours per week over the past month dedicated to practice tests and reviewing. We'll see what happens.

Edit: I just realized they will be SUMMER courses. In that case I wouldn't risk mcat/courses especially since summer courses are condensed and tend to be at a faster pace than a full semester (in my opinion/experience)

Members don't see this ad :)
I made my own schedule and did not follow that schedule. His (or hers) specifically says try not to do this while taking classes.

My schedule is faster and according to a pace I'm comfortable studying at. Either way I was putting in 40-45 hours per week over the past month dedicated to practice tests and reviewing. We'll see what happens.

Edit: I just realized they will be SUMMER courses. In that case I wouldn't risk mcat/courses especially since summer courses are condensed and tend to be at a faster pace than a full semester (in my opinion/experience)

So what do you suggest I do? Either way I am determined to take it in September...Although I'm taking biochem and micro during the spring, would it be more beneficial to start studying lightly in February (12 hrs/week) and then just pick up the pace in May? Idk I'm torn

So what do you suggest I do? Either way I am determined to take it in September...Although I'm taking biochem and micro during the spring, would it be more beneficial to start studying lightly in February (12 hrs/week) and then just pick up the pace in May? Idk I'm torn

Is this exam for this year or 2014? because we are in Spring right now according to my area. Unless you meant Fall.

Either way if you're taking summer courses, study the mcat along side them but don't stress mcat over those classes because the courses should come first (unless they're really easy like mine). If you have a month or two extra after the summer courses, that should help you buckle down and get some more solid studying time in.

So I plan on applying next spring to MD schools in Texas, however I am unable to take the MCAT until AFTER I graduate in August (I plan on taking the MCAT in late august or early September). I have already spoken with the admissions director of my main prospective school and was told that it is fine that I apply before submitting my MCAT, however they will not review my application until my scores in...which puts me under a lot of pressure to make a very competitive score.

Now, I am not taking any courses in May, but I am taking Zoology in June and Genetics in July. Am I good to go on the SN2ed's study schedule for June-August? Or is that too rigorous of a plan while still taking these summer classes? Thanks for your responses.

PS. I'm getting married the month after I get my MCAT grades back....no pressure :eek::scared: lol

If you can't take the test until August/September, you will be VERY late for this cycle anyway. I believe it would be to your benefit to take your time with studying for the MCAT and take it for next cycle.

If you can't take the test until August/September, you will be VERY late for this cycle anyway. I believe it would be to your benefit to take your time with studying for the MCAT and take it for next cycle.

This

Unless I'm confused on the timeline here, that is super late to be applying and you will be at a big disadvantage.

But it can be done, definitely.

I have been studying while taking 3 graduate classes and working 30 hours a week.

Well it all depends on your level of knowledge at this point. If you can still do 4-5 hours a day for the MCAT then you should be fine but the MCAT should not be taken lightly.