Using The Cornell-Note Taking Method, Mind Maps, Flow Charts and SQ3R at Saba?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had an meeting with an individual who was attempting to assist me with improving my study techniques. He suggested that I utilize active learning such as using the Cornell-Note Taking Method, Mind Maps, Flow Charts and the SQ3R method. He informed me that these aforementioned study and reading methods were the best approaches to utilize to maximize my learning and storage of information. He also stated that these methods have proven useful for medical students. Does anyone on this forum utilize any of the aforementioned methods? If so, how well do they work for you and would you recommend these methods to all types of students? If anyone utilizes any other methods that you may believe would work well for other students, please share these methods.

Members don't see this ad.

I find concept maps to be helpful with synthesizing the information from discrete chunks. That being said, I barely have time to do them in school. I can't speak for the other methods, but the general rule of thumb in medical school is that if it's overly time consuming, it's generally not worth it.

I've used those quite a bit..Organizing stuff into relevant pictures, charts, diagrams and patterns and then just visualizing them for recall. It's about as close to a photographic memory as you can get imo.