USMLE - Official 2015 Step 2 CK Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WBecks0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
With 2015 right around the corner I think it's a good time to begin a Step 2 CK experiences and scores thread for 2015. Let's keep the all experiences and scores in this thread.

Good luck to everyone taking the exam in 2015!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else can't stop thinking of the questions they got wrong after walking out? I can think of at least 10-11! Ahhh! This is driving me cray cray!

Reactions: 1 user
All.
Day.
Today.

Group hug? I don't quite have that opportunity to be thinking about it all day since I have a geriatrics clerkship (required) that I started today. I can vaguely recall feeling the same about step 1 and the amount of prep I did on that I was lucky to get the 222 that I got. I'm sure with your step 1 score you're fine on this.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished this thing about an hour and half ago. I have to say, it was NOT as bad as I expected. I felt a lot better walking out of the Prometric center this time than I did for Step 1 (230s). Don't get me wrong, it was a long day. And I KNOW there are questions I goofed (especially as I think back and neurotically look up a few things here and there) but for some reason, I don't feel that bad about the whole experience. Finished with plenty of gas still left in my tanks (unlike last year when I was drained). So stamina was not a problem. I'm thinking my long study days helped with that. I only took UWSA and a COMSAE that my school requires. So, if you're studying for long hours, stamina should not be an issue (i.e. no need for doubling up practice exams to simulate a full test day). Just my opinion.

As many have said... A LOT OF CLINICAL "FEELING" type of questions where there wasn't a clear cut answer. And like others have said, you go with your gut (mark it) and move along. I found myself with about 8-10 minutes per block to review my flags. I'm not a fan of changing "gut feeling" answers (even though I did today... DOH) so do what works for you. Found a few slip-ups on the review though.

BIOSTATS: go with your FA Step 1. I looked it over for about an hour yesterday and I'm thinking I may have missed 1 or 2.... maybe.

My prep consisted of about 3.5 weeks of straight up UW. Random, timed. (I went through most of UW during 3rd year, the bulk of it early on in rotations since I had IM first, so I forgot a lot). Took thorough notes. Filled a marble notebook front to back and then had to use the space on the top of the page to fill in. Only took UWSA (242) 5 days out. Also did the CMS for IM but I found the process of looking up answers to be a bit cumbersome since I was cramped for time. Decided to give my notebook precedence over taking NMBE. Was able to get through my notebook once before test day. (Yeah, I'm slow like that). Probably could've used another run.

Looking back, I wish I started my prep a week earlier so that I could've gotten through the all of the CMS series and an NMBE or two with thorough review. But whatever, glad to be done with this thing. I'll be content if I crack a 240... stoked if I hit 250 (although I doubt I did). I'll report back when these scores roll in.

Good luck to you guys tackling the beast in these coming days, weeks, months, etc. Peace.

Reactions: 2 users
I took the exam recently. It was pretty tough and felt drained coming out of the exam. The stems were fairly long, timing especially being an issue the last couple of blocks. Some questions were vague and I could narrow the answers down to two, and then just guessed from there.
There were tons of biostat but nothing involving calculations. I went over the biostat subject review a few days before the exam and I think that helped. Psych was also a big part of my exams. Know the side effects of drugs and drugs of abuse.
The exam was structured similar to the NBMEs and the CMS. I didn't have time to go over all the CMS but wish I did. Overall I think Phlostons guide hit the mark on the exam. Definitely look over it.
I'm not aiming for a super high score. Even a 230 would be great.
Good luck and thanks to all those who helped!

Took the exam recently. Holy S!!! That was insane. It blew UWSA and NBME 7 out of the park. I'll elaborate in a few minutes.

Overall I just feel like crap. Studied 6 weeks in which I took a 1 week break and honestly I feel like none of that preparation helped at all.

Through out 3rd year I worked pretty hard. Most of my shelf scores were in the mid to upper 80s (not the best but okay).

I took NBME 4 as baseline before my crunch month got low 240s. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of difficulty I would give NBME 4 a 5/10 it's a pretty reasonable exam. Marked 5 questions per block tops.

Finish 60 % of Uworld and took NBME 7 and scored in the upper 240s. Yeah this was a slightly harder exam but it was still reasonable to some degree. Made stupid mistakes because of timing but on a scale of difficulty I would give it a 6-7/10. Marked 5-7 questions per block.

Finish 100 % Uworld and then read MTB 2 and 3. Then took UWSA got mid 260s. I thought UWSA was a JOKE. Short questions, heavy in medicine (slop sided in my opinion), could read the last 2 lines of the question and already know the answer. Could reread questions, dwell over the answer forever and probably still have 10-15 minutes left each block. On a scale of difficulty I would give UWSA a 4-5/10. Marked 1-2 questions per block (even the ones I marked I was kind of sure).

Took the ACTUAL Step 2 CK. Holy F!!!K!? Humangoussssssssssssssssss question stems. They took forever to read. I was running out of time on every single block even though I was rushing non-stop, I moved extremely fast on this exam and was still shocked at how blood sucking the question stems were. I felt defeated every single block. I would read a question come up with a differential look at the answers and be like wtf is going on? Marking 15-20 questions per block. I would read questions and hardly have a few seconds to think about what was going on and even then I found myself lost in the diarrhea of words.

I think the saddest part about my experience is that CK owned me even on the topics that were my strength and I think that's what really got to me during the exam.

Overall I feel like total crap. I feel like I just wasted 6 weeks of my life but what can I do at this point. I would say in my opinion the closest thing that comes to the exam is probably NBME 7 and even then I thought NBME 7 was a lot more reasonable. I'm just going to go and get $hit faced so tired of this BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Overall I just feel like crap. Studied 6 weeks in which I took a 1 week break and honestly I feel like none of that preparation helped at all.

Through out 3rd year I worked pretty hard. Most of my shelf scores were in the mid to upper 80s (not the best but okay).

I took NBME 4 as baseline before my crunch month got low 240s. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of difficulty I would give NBME 4 a 5/10 it's a pretty reasonable exam. Marked 5 questions per block tops.

Finish 60 % of Uworld and took NBME 7 and scored in the upper 240s. Yeah this was a slightly harder exam but it was still reasonable to some degree. Made stupid mistakes because of timing but on a scale of difficulty I would give it a 6-7/10. Marked 5-7 questions per block.

Finish 100 % Uworld and then read MTB 2 and 3. Then took UWSA got mid 260s. I thought UWSA was a JOKE. Short questions, heavy in medicine (slop sided in my opinion), could read the last 2 lines of the question and already know the answer. Could reread questions, dwell over the answer forever and probably still have 10-15 minutes left each block. On a scale of difficulty I would give UWSA a 4-5/10. Marked 1-2 questions per block (even the ones I marked I was kind of sure).

Took the ACTUAL Step 2 CK. Holy F!!!K!? Humangoussssssssssssssssss question stems. They took forever to read. I was running out of time on every single block even though I was rushing non-stop, I moved extremely fast on this exam and was still shocked at how blood sucking the question stems were. I felt defeated every single block. I would read a question come up with a differential look at the answers and be like wtf is going on? Marking 15-20 questions per block. I would read questions and hardly have a few seconds to think about what was going on and even then I found myself lost in the diarrhea of words.

I think the saddest part about my experience is that CK owned me even on the topics that were my strength and I think that's what really got to me during the exam.

Overall I feel like total crap. I feel like I just wasted 6 weeks of my life but what can I do at this point. I would say in my opinion the closest thing that comes to the exam is probably NBME 7 and even then I thought NBME 7 was a lot more reasonable. I'm just going to go and get $hit faced so tired of this BS.

ExACTLY how I feel about test day. I spent 3.5 weeks of study time and now fear it was a waste. Namely because of how freaking long the question stems were.

Members don't see this ad :)
HI
need help ... huge time management issue ..
I am a non native English speaker I expected some lag in reading long questions ... but when reading through the posts on this forum and finding out that even Native English speakers who are US medical graduates are experiencing difficulties with time management on the real test, I really freak out...
Is there any advice that can help on that .. any specific strategy that I can follow during the test???
Current situation is only 4-5 min left at the end on each block during UWorld blocks and the NBMEs .. during NBME 7 lost one question because the time elapsed before answering the last question ... but I finished all other blocks with 5 min to spare..
Please help .. all inputs are really appreciated

Hey Pholston, or any past or current ck takers or preppers : has anyone used or is currently using the onlinemeded videos for ck studying?

How are they in comparison to the scope of what ck wants you to know versus focusing on learning from uworld + nbme's? Are they more accurate and up to date than the mtb's?

No need worrying. If you put your time in and did well with in practice exams, you probably nailed it. Let's hold the tears until scores roll in.

Hey Pholston, or any past or current ck takers or preppers : has anyone used or is currently using the onlinemeded videos for ck studying?

How are they in comparison to the scope of what ck wants you to know versus focusing on learning from uworld + nbme's? Are they more accurate and up to date than the mtb's?

The only resource that's most up to date is Uworld and uptodate even more than MTB and onlinemeded.
In the end of the day if a guideline is mentioned by Uworld I would
Go with that unless uptodate says something more drastic.

Just took this b**ch today. I feel a lot more at ease than I did leaving Step 1, but taking a test for 9 hour still wears you out.

All in all I don't feel terrible. A lot of people freaked me out about question stems, like they were going to be a mini novel. I don't know what UWorld questions you all did, but I thought the question stems today were quite similar to UWorld. Lot of extraneous stuff, that, if you've done all of your UWorld questions, you will know how to sift through (ex. every baby has a heart murmur -- it usually doesn't matter).

Everybody's exam will be different, but I felt like I had A LOT of adrenal & renal questions. It actually started to get kind of demoralizing, because I don't enjoy those questions and I probably had 4-5/ block it felt like. Good amount of stats questions, evenly split between calculating NNTs and what not, and also picking through a theoretical study and figuring out what it's weakness is. Also had a lot of heart sound questions, but I thought they were all quite easy. For some reason I probably had 5 questions revolving around a marfanoid kid with AR. Thankfully I didn't have a single Drug Ad question, but did have 2-3 research studies that fed into 3-5 questions each. My advice for any of those big time sinks is to skip them until the end, and at least for the research study questions, read all of the questions before you go digging through the actual research -- everything I needed was in the results section in mine, and the intro, methods, and discussion are just there to distract you.

I took the UWSA probably 1.5 months ago ago and got a 255. Took my school's NBME practice test and got a 98 (which I believe correlates to 260+). I'll make sure to post back here when I get my score.

My biggest piece of advice is to relax, and take your breaks. Most people don't know that you can go outside during a break; I went outside and ate my lunch for 20 minutes and it really helps clear your mind.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it just me or does step up t medicine look exactly like uworld? I mean verbatim.

I thought SU2M was really dense on my first pass, but now that I look at it again after finishing UWorld x2 I think UW has even more details. Pretty similar in terms of content though; emphasize a lot of the same concepts.

Took Step 2 this past Monday, wanted to share my experience.

LONG passages, I felt like I read a novel by the end of the test and I was absolutely exhausted. Lots of psych on my exam, which some of my colleagues also agreed upon. Very strange situations as well, you really had to know your defining lines between each psychiatric disease. I had one research abstract which I ended up not having time to read over, so I had to pick 3 answers at the last minute. They do not give you enough time to read those, so my suggestion is that if you are slow on time, randomly bubble those questions and then go back if you have time, as the questions after the abstract were really really fair ones that I would have been pissed to have missed. Definitely know your biostats - particularly types of studies and who goes in them. Seemed to be a big thing. Otherwise the test was fair, general topics and I only had one really bizzaro question with syndromes/diseases I had never heard of. Know your cardio and your trauma - I had lots of those questions.

Time was the big factor for me, I honestly do NOT believe that the NBME's and Uworld or any of the billion questions I have done over the past year prepared me for those big passages. I have several classmates who scored 250+ on Step 1 and they all complained of the same things. Bring eye drops because your eyes are going to get REALLY tired!

I went through Uworld at least one time, throughout the year and then about 1800 questions in the last few months. I also did several NBME's and being an Osteopathic Med student I also did 2 COMSAE's, and also the free sample NBME questions that they provide. However the biggest factor in my score was meeting with my tutor, Dr. S. I am going into a competitive speciality and my Step 1 scores are not spectacular so I had to do really well on Step 2. Honestly, he provided the best knowledge and test taking skills ever for this exam and despite being short on time, having to randomly select 4 questions on the test I was able to use the skills he taught me to pick out correct answers and to keep from panicking. He also can teach you amazing skills to be able to weed through these ridiculous passages and pick out the information that will lead you to the correct answer very quickly.

If you are interested in going that route here is his info: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/elite-usmle-tutoring.1125638/

Now the waiting game....

Just took NBME4 and got a 252.

How did others find this NBME compared to their actual Step 2. Is it representative?

I have 3 weeks left any advice to improve appreciated :)!

I don't know what UWorld questions you all did, but I thought the question stems today were quite similar to UWorld. Lot of extraneous stuff, that, if you've done all of your UWorld questions, you will know how to sift through (ex. every baby has a heart murmur -- it usually doesn't matter).

My thoughts exactly. I felt like I was taking a bunch of UW blocks again. Stems weren't THAT much longer. Practice speed reading and sifting through info quickly during prep (i.e. 3rd year shelf review) and longer stems shouldn't be too much of an issue.

My thoughts exactly. I felt like I was taking a bunch of UW blocks again. Stems weren't THAT much longer. Practice speed reading and sifting through info quickly during prep (i.e. 3rd year shelf review) and longer stems shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I didn't have shelf exams while studying abroad and so I've been doing many 3rd year shelf questions (e.g. mksap, pretest, lange, mastery/nbme forms) alongside UW that were recommended by the members here and through the clinical rotations forum for that practice.

The stems are not as unfamiliar as before now with all the questions and explanations I am doing but I am very sure I can augment my test strategy better with a few more adjustments. I've picked up on many silly mistakes of misreading things when getting the questions wrong and that's been very helpful in finding out things to try and not replicate.

I've been trying different ways of doing practice questions and still haven't found the best groove on handling the very long stems

What are your thoughts on these situations :

On shorter questions, I'll try reading from the first sentence all the way to the end and final question, then look for the answer.

On the longer ones, I'll read the last sentence/question and then go to the top and continue as I would on the shorter stem approach. I've found that sometimes I forget what the question was while reading through the longer question though. Or sometimes, forget what the first few sentences of the question was. :p

On question items with more than 5-6 choices and a long stem, I pray and look at the last question sentence, find an answer to consider, and then go to the first sentence through in case I missed something and finally select/confirm the answer.

The other thing is trying to figure out how not to do a double take or double read the question in where now, it's more than 70-90 seconds or more. When it comes to questions with very long stems or have a long list of labs, that's another thing on where that part should be integrated.

I read some experiences here where some would look at the last question/sentence, glance at the answers to frame the mind and then go to the top and all the way through. They say, you should already have an answer before even looking at the answer but that doesn't always seem the case.

In the end, I've had to use the ruling out of answers knowing that X, Y, Z are wrong and that helps a bit. I also tried playing with the highlighting feature but found that to be a bit more time consuming and distracting. I took a practice exam at prometric the other day and noticed a lot of people taking the steps, using the highlight feature though when I was taking a break. Is that a common thing a lot of people do?

There were some good recommendations here of marking long vignettes also, put an answer and go back to it after to not lose time on other questions. Maybe mark and leave blank the 2-3 locked sequential answers to save near the end to not get demoralized in case you find you answer it wrong when seeing the next sequence where they state or hint to that previous answer.

Seems drug ads are also easy points not to miss and something to put a better strategy on also.

Last edited:
For dealing with very long question stems I like to use some of the skills I started developing back in undergrad when I took a half-semester "advanced reading skills" course (i.e., speed reading). The key is to be able to skim the paragraph without missing key information. This takes a lot of practice. First, practice reading faster by forcing yourself to not read "aloud" every word in your mind.. this is a time-wasting habit ingrained into us by the way we learned to read as kids. Just let the familiar patterns (aka 'words') on the screen flow like a waterfall straight from your visual cortex to your association cortex.

Second, practice by doing as many questions as possible to train your brain to intuitively pick up the key words you need to actually pay attention to. Ignore details that are unlikely to narrow your differential or change management. A long list of stable chronic conditions and respective medications probably aren't important beyond recognizing that this patient has "risk factors for everything and potential for drug interactions". Take 0.5 seconds to appreciate that fact, put it in the back of your mind, and move on. But pay attention to, and even highlight, buzz words or things that affect pre-test probabilities (age, race, foreigner, travel, risk factors, and signs and symptoms with high specificity). If the question is describing a complicated picture don't worry about having a differential or anything yet, just mark the key info. For labs and stuff I like to highlight the right side of the lab value if it is high and left side if it is low. Once you've done this THEN take a mental step back and see the big picture by summarizing what you've identified as "differentiating" information: black child + history of prior hospitalizations for pain + hip pain = avascular necrosis of femoral head, or 40 yo woman + Reynauds phenomenon + vague joint pains + now complaining of dysphagia symptoms = probably systemic sclerosis/CREST.

With practice will be able to do all the above, for even the longest question stems, within ~30 seconds, and at least have a most likely diagnosis, best diagnostic test, and treatment in mind. Then you can spend your remaining 50 seconds (82 seconds/question) figuring out what the question is asking and picking your answer. I like the glance at the last couple sentences first just to make sure I know what kind of question to expect... no point in delving into the complicated hospital course of an ICU patient if the question is about end-of-life ethical stuff and what is the best thing to say to the family!

Reactions: 3 users
For dealing with very long question stems I like to use some of the skills I started developing back in undergrad when I took a half-semester "advanced reading skills" course (i.e., speed reading). The key is to be able to skim the paragraph without missing key information. This takes a lot of practice. First, practice reading faster by forcing yourself to not read "aloud" every word in your mind.. this is a time-wasting habit ingrained into us by the way we learned to read as kids. Just let the familiar patterns (aka 'words') on the screen flow like a waterfall straight from your visual cortex to your association cortex.

Second, practice by doing as many questions as possible to train your brain to intuitively pick up the key words you need to actually pay attention to. Ignore details that are unlikely to narrow your differential or change management. A long list of stable chronic conditions and respective medications probably aren't important beyond recognizing that this patient has "risk factors for everything and potential for drug interactions". Take 0.5 seconds to appreciate that fact, put it in the back of your mind, and move on. But pay attention to, and even highlight, buzz words or things that affect pre-test probabilities (age, race, foreigner, travel, risk factors, and signs and symptoms with high specificity). If the question is describing a complicated picture don't worry about having a differential or anything yet, just mark the key info. For labs and stuff I like to highlight the right side of the lab value if it is high and left side if it is low. Once you've done this THEN take a mental step back and see the big picture by summarizing what you've identified as "differentiating" information: black child + history of prior hospitalizations for pain + hip pain = avascular necrosis of femoral head, or 40 yo woman + Reynauds phenomenon + vague joint pains + now complaining of dysphagia symptoms = probably systemic sclerosis/CREST.

With practice will be able to do all the above, for even the longest question stems, within ~30 seconds, and at least have a most likely diagnosis, best diagnostic test, and treatment in mind. Then you can spend your remaining 50 seconds (82 seconds/question) figuring out what the question is asking and picking your answer. I like the glance at the last couple sentences first just to make sure I know what kind of question to expect... no point in delving into the complicated hospital course of an ICU patient if the question is about end-of-life ethical stuff and what is the best thing to say to the family!

Thank you so much for such an in-depth breakdown! This gives me a lot of new aspects to try and fine tune.

Took the test recently. Will do a full write up when I get my scores, but I thought the stems were reasonable. I had one question where I had to scroll, but the rest felt like they were straight outta Uworld. Only had one abstract, 0 drug ads. I ended up finishing each block except for the one with the abstract with 10-15 mins for review.

I had a couple instances where the same question I had answered in a previous block came up again, just worded slightly differently. I found this odd considering how many topics there are to test on, but I guess you just have to roll with it. I also messed up one of the two-part questions where you can't go back and change your answer, which was frustrating. Just gotta shake it off and move on. Good luck everyone!

took nbme 2 yesterday, 255. Why is it that nbme questions are usually straight forward but I just know the real deal is gonna be so convoluted...it makes taking these practice exams worthless.

Took the test recently. Will do a full write up when I get my scores, but I thought the stems were reasonable. I had one question where I had to scroll, but the rest felt like they were straight outta Uworld. Only had one abstract, 0 drug ads. I ended up finishing each block except for the one with the abstract with 10-15 mins for review.

I had a couple instances where the same question I had answered in a previous block came up again, just worded slightly differently. I found this odd considering how many topics there are to test on, but I guess you just have to roll with it. I also messed up one of the two-part questions where you can't go back and change your answer, which was frustrating. Just gotta shake it off and move on. Good luck everyone!

What did you find most helpful in the last 2 weeks of your prep?? I guess it is reassuring that majority of it was UWorld.

Congrats on being done btw! Thanks for your help

Hey guys,
I took my test a couple of days ago...I don't have much to say other than be prepared for questions 2-3 lines longer than Uworld. I went in knowing this but it still hit me...pretty hard that I actually didn't have time to answer some questions in certain blocks. Anyways, I am selling my uworld self assessment as I did not use it before my test for fear of shaking my confidence lol (something tells me I'm going to regret this decision deeply)

$20 and its all yours (UWSA CK)
msg me if interested.

Any idea what Uworld %s are correlating to what scores? I guess it's different than for Step 1 since the majority of people are doing a second pass. Currently averaging an 85% from last 18 sets, can anyone ballpark what range this would be? I know NBME is probably the best estimate, saving it for this upcoming weekend.

What did you find most helpful in the last 2 weeks of your prep?? I guess it is reassuring that majority of it was UWorld.

Congrats on being done btw! Thanks for your help

uworld was for sure the most helpful resource. In 2.5 weeks i made a second pass of uworld and then redid my incorrects and reviewed marked questions i thought were high yield. For topics i needed a refresher in i watched the relevant onlinemeded videos, and for management algorithms i needed clarification on i referenced uptodate. uworld was just so solid come test day.

That was the hardest test I've ever taken in my life.

I got a 259 on step 1 and didn't think it was TOO bad.

I did fairly well on my shelf exams throughout the year, got several honors.

For my prep I used DIT, UWorld, up to date, and master the wards.

Nbme 3 258
Nbme 4 273
Nbme 6 275
Nbme 7 258
88% on UWorld

I don't know what the hell I would have done differently other than memorize every practice guideline and algorithm put out by every specialist society in America. Just f*** that test seriously. Good luck everyone, you're going to need it.

It was loaded with best next step with no obvious best next step. The presentations were either too vague to narrow or too broad to narrow. There was bizzare opinion-based questions on medical error and quality improvement. The whole thing felt mean spirited and like it was trying to push an agenda. I feel like I just pissed away all my life's hard work and future on one exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Everyone!

I am taking my test after 6 weeks from now. I am already done with around 60% of UW with an avg of of 75%. I recently gave nbme 6 and ended with a 248. goal is 255+. What do you guys suggest I should do in these coming 6 weeks other then the rest of UW and how predictable do you think nbme 6 is? Thanks!

(My step 1 was 256)

Nbme 3 258
Nbme 4 273
Nbme 6 275
Nbme 7 258
88% on UWorld

I don't know what the hell I would have done differently other than memorize every practice guideline and algorithm put out by every specialist society in America. Just f*** that test seriously. Good luck everyone, you're going to need it.

It was loaded with best next step with no obvious best next step. The presentations were either too vague to narrow or too broad to narrow. There was bizzare opinion-based questions on medical error and quality improvement. The whole thing felt mean spirited and like it was trying to push an agenda. I feel like I just pissed away all my life's hard work and future on one exam

Lol I'm sure you did fine bro. You don't hit 270's on practice nbmes and somehow fall off the cliff.

Any idea what Uworld %s are correlating to what scores? I guess it's different than for Step 1 since the majority of people are doing a second pass. Currently averaging an 85% from last 18 sets, can anyone ballpark what range this would be? I know NBME is probably the best estimate, saving it for this upcoming weekend.
No correlation. It's simply a learning tool (when used correctly). Correlate w NBME and/or UWSA. Don't sweat UW%

Hi Everyone!

I am taking my test after 6 weeks from now. I am already done with around 60% of UW with an avg of of 75%. I recently gave nbme 6 and ended with a 248. goal is 255+. What do you guys suggest I should do in these coming 6 weeks other then the rest of UW and how predictable do you think nbme 6 is? Thanks!

(My step 1 was 256)

No correlation. It's simply a learning tool (when used correctly). Correlate w NBME and/or UWSA. Don't sweat UW%

What do you think about nbme 6?

What do you think about nbme 6?

From all my neurotic reading since I took the exam, looks like UWSA and Nbme 4 have been decent predictors, and NBME 7 generally regarded as the 'lowest score' you can possibly get....this is all based on solid SDN data, which isn't biased, at all....ever

Step 2 CK Psych question: Was FA Psych annotated with Uworld sufficient for your CK exam?
Many recommend FA Psych for CK review and especially for NBME shelf exams.
However, UWorld and I'd assume Step 2 CK use DSM 5 and the most recent FA psych is from 2011.

*My unique situation: Trying to find a complete psych resource as I'm taking step 2 prior to my dedicated psych rotation/shelf.
Thanks for any information!

My study strategy:
4 weeks of studying UWorld, making Anki cards off of concepts I feel I needed to memorize (about 100-150 cards/day). On most days I was behind on cards, but I still think it proved useful. UpToDate for confusing concepts. Step 2 Secrets was pretty useless to me, but I think if I had 5-6 weeks it could have been useful.

I did UWSA 1.5 weeks out and got a 265. I did not do any of the NBME subject exams during this period. I have done probably 1/2 of them during third year though.

EDIT: Overall happy with the score. Impressed by how accurate UWSA is.

Last edited:
Took exam June 15th. Still haven't gotten score. Delayed?

You should hear back today or next Wednesday. They did not release scores last Wednesday because of the July 4th holiday so they might be a bit behind. This is probably peak score release time as well so I wouldn't be surprised if they take the full 4 weeks.

You should hear back today or next Wednesday. They did not release scores last Wednesday because of the July 4th holiday so they might be a bit behind. This is probably peak score release time as well so I wouldn't be surprised if they take the full 4 weeks.
Do you hear back via email? Or just have to keep checking the website?