USMLE Pro Tutors: Online Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Shelf Tutoring from High-Scoring Test-Prep Experts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USMLE_Pro

Founder of USMLE Pro
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Founded by an experienced educator who scored a 262 on Step 1 and 282 on Step 2 CK, USMLE Pro Tutors has among the highest average Step 1 and Step 2 CK scores of all tutoring companies, with an average of 260+ on Step 1 and 270+ on Step 2 CK. We have thousands of hours of tutoring experience and have worked with both U.S. and international medical graduates.

Our tutoring rates are significantly lower than that of our competitors, who charge over >$300/hr for tutors of our caliber. Our founder previously worked for Med School Tutors, but started USMLE Pro to offer a superior educational experience for lower prices! Here's what our students are saying about USMLE Pro Tutors:

My First Honors-Level Shelf Score

"My time working with my tutor was beneficial in two big ways. 1) He instilled confidence in my medical knowledge, which helped dispel the notion that I was performing poorly on these shelf exams because of lack of knowledge. It’s easy to feel like you are behind studying, or have a knowledge deficit in medical school! My prior solution to studying for the shelf was more resources, more hours of reading, watching videos, and doing hundreds of questions. It was a relief to hear from him that after listening to how I approached questions, that my issue was just test taking. As a result: 2) I cut my studying time down significantly and focused on answering questions in blocks to understand the answer choices and how I arrived to answer more clearly. I hadn’t really struggled so much with standardized tests before, so it was nice to hear I wasn’t the only one and that I just needed to hone in on a couple of content areas and details to enhance my performance. At this stage of my third year, I was almost about to give up on performing better on shelf exams, but decided to give this coaching a shot. It definitely sounds too easy/good to be true, but that’s honestly all it took to exceed my goal of scoring “average" and ended up with my first honors-level shelf score! I can’t thank [my tutor] and USMLE Pro enough for their expertise-I wish I would have done this sooner."
— MS3, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth

I highly recommend USMLE Pro Tutors
"I started working with USMLE Pro Tutors after struggling with my study plan. With the number of available Step 1 resources, I needed help in creating a more targeted approach. [My tutor] has been incredibly helpful in not only creating a personalized schedule but also developing my test-taking strategies. I finish each tutoring session feeling more confident in my knowledge and progress. [My tutor] has also been easy to work with and very responsive. I highly recommend USMLE Pro Tutors for high quality and professional tutoring."
— MS2, Emory School of Medicine

The benefits of a tutor for step 1
"The first time [my tutor] and I reviewed my NBME 13 benchmark test was when I realized the real benefit of having a dedicated tutor for Step 1. Before our meeting, I sent him the questions I got wrong on the exam, and it was very apparent that he had prepared extensively on each question I had a problem with. He would gauge how well I understood a concept, and then fill in the holes with concise explanations supplemented with corresponding pages in First Aid. Sometimes, when the going gets tough (ie: Anatomy questions), he would pull out websites and show me how things worked visually, or white-board it Sattar-style. I never forgot lower extremity compartments since. He's a great, encouraging, and serious tutor to work with, and I've been seeing improvements in my score thus far."
— MS2, Rush Medical College

We want to make personalized medical education accessible to everyone, and also offer up to 50% off our package rates for need-based financial aid recipients.

For a limited time, we are also offering a $100 discount off our normal package rates when you sign up using the code SDN100 before May 1st.

To learn more, visit our website: www.usmlepro.com

We offer free 15-minute phone consultations to get expert advice on your study plan and determine if tutoring is right for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected], or call us at 917-565-9731.

We look forward to working with you!

Members don't see this ad.