USMLE Rx for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creamfreesh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been addressed before on this forum, but seeing as how the Qmax question bank has undergone pretty significant revision and improvement over the past few years, I was hoping who has recently used USMLE Rx to study for Step 2 could give me their two cents on it's utility for prep.

I will have exhausted UWorld Step 2 by this time next year, having gone through all of the questions to prep for my shelf exams. I will probably go through it a second time, but certainly not as thoroughly as I had before. My question is, is Rx a valuable use of my time to this effect, or are there other question banks that are preferable for me to use first for preparation? How do the quality of the questions stack up against Step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

If you do complete your goal of getting completely through UW throughout the year, you will not remember a lot of it by this time next year. Don't overthink it.

Osteopathic student here... I used UsmleRx for Level II. My problem was that I wanted to use UWorld for random Qs, but wanted something else to quiz myself on specific topics I covered each day, which is why I also did Rx

I thought Rx was a good resource for level II fwiw, but going over UWorld a second or third time should be #1 goal