USMLE Scores: Put your money where your mouth is.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

automan2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems everyone on here if pretty hardcore, so in order to make things interesting, post your desired score and when things are over, we can look back and either smile or cry.......

My desired score: >235

My test date: June 19th

Started studying yesterday, will take NBME after I have gotten through FA next week.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

Auto-

Count me in, although I'm perhaps less hardcore than most.

I'm aiming at 225 - my career differential is anesthesiology>>>>>PM&R. My first NBME is this Saturday. Real deal scheduled for June 16.

Good luck, bro. See you at the end of the tunnel.

dc

let's do it:

target score: 250+ (wanna keep my options open, dont know what i wanna do)

test date: june 14th

Maybe posting here will force me to work when I'm tired, in order to avoid embarrassment later!

Desired score: >230 (interested in pedi neuro and I'd like to get out of Houston)
Date: June 5

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in, and I'm out to prove it can be done with less than 3 weeks of study time.

Goal: 240
Test Date: June 13
Gunning for Radiology in California, or EM if this test goes badly.

I'm in, and I'm out to prove it can be done with less than 3 weeks of study time.

Test Date: June 13
Gunning for Radiology in California, or EM if this test goes badly.

If your test isn't until june 13th, why are you only taking 3 weeks?, you have five weeks until your test?

Okey-dokey.

Goal: 235+
(I hope this is realistic. I scored 225 on the CBSE a month ago --- so up's the only direction to go, right?)

Date: June 9
I want to stay in SoCal and specialize in peds or IM.

hey,

greetings from cincinnati. my hope is 235. june 20th is my test day. i don't have a clue what i want to do. i'm out for blood on this test.

abhishek

If your test isn't until june 13th, why are you only taking 3 weeks?, you have five weeks until your test?

Two weeks of finals. I won't be done until Friday the 25th. I'm not counting my finals studying because we have BS in-house tests with material that will never be on step 1 (i.e. dosing schedules for fertility drugs, herbs/acupuncture......I hate my school).

Goal: 240+

First day of studying, just got out of finals: Took NBME #1 Today: 226 (530), is it possible to get that score to a 240+ in 24 days? any suggestions on how to do it in 24 days?

Test Date: Jun 8th

Screw it, I'll jump in.

USMLE test date: August 30

COMLEX test date: September 5

Goal for USMLE is 220. Since I'm a DO student and don't have to take it, if things aren't looking good w/the NBME's, I'll eat the $500 and just take COMLEX.

COMLEX goal: 530

Right now, I'm leaning towards either EM or Gas.

Good luck all!

o wat the hell

TARGET SCORE= 230 ( my practice scores arent even close to this:( )

TEST DATE : MAY 17TH!!!!!!

keeping options open!

lol...i know i ll cry when i get mi scores back but what the hell

goal: 245+

D day: 22nd june

rads rads rads :)

hope all the sdners give the beast a good slappin

Members don't see this ad :)
We have about 12 replies, but over 120 views, who knew SDN was filled with so many "kittens"

It seems everyone on here if pretty hardcore, so in order to make things interesting, post your desired score and when things are over, we can look back and either smile or cry.......

My desired score: >235

My test date: June 19th

Started studying yesterday, will take NBME after I have gotten through FA next week.

Good luck to all.

My goal: (automan2's score) + 1
*Assuming, of course, that automan2 passes*

Testdate: late summer

Gonna wish me luck too, buddy? :rolleyes:

Two weeks of finals. I won't be done until Friday the 25th. I'm not counting my finals studying because we have BS in-house tests with material that will never be on step 1 (i.e. dosing schedules for fertility drugs, herbs/acupuncture......I hate my school).

What school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

I'll play.

Test date: June 12
I'm looking at either ortho or anesthesia
Finalizing my study schedule today and starting hard-core tomorrow. With a few days off here and there; otherwise I'd go crazy. :D

I am a DO student. I am going to prove MD should be changed to DO :smuggrin:

USMLE: 240+
COMLEX: 600+
NBME test 3 (Took yesterday): 230 [550] (how much harder are the next 10 points? I am on 2nd week of studying...:confused: )

USMLE: June 11
COMLEX: June 20

Are there any other NBME-like tests for free out there besides having to pay 45 stupid dollars per test? Something that a lot of you student MDoctors take that us student DOctors do not know about? If anyone knows, be nice and hook me up. I have qbank, qbook, and refuse to pay for USMLEworld. DO schools aren't very good about telling us our USMLE practice options.

What school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Loma Linda. It's really just our pharm class that I hate, but I'm pretty pissed off right now. Our spring quarter was 6 weeks long, yet we had midterms AND finals. We had a 2-hour pharm lecture on herbals that was 317 powerpoint slides. I'm not exaggerating - 317! The handout was over 100 pages. I hate my school.

ok Im going to go big on this, Hopefully this isnt too far out of reach:

USMLE- 240 (June 1)
Comlex- 550( June 4)

Only 18 days of hard core study since I just got out of school friday.

NBME#3-224
honestly I wouldnt be disappointed with my NBME score.

Loma Linda. It's really just our pharm class that I hate, but I'm pretty pissed off right now. Our spring quarter was 6 weeks long, yet we had midterms AND finals. We had a 2-hour pharm lecture on herbals that was 317 powerpoint slides. I'm not exaggerating - 317! The handout was over 100 pages. I hate my school.

I know one of the third years at your school who only studied first aid + BRS physio + Qbank for a week and got a 235, I think your school prepares you pretty well for the USMLE, BS aside.

Test Date: June 2nd

NBME Form #2 pre-studying 5 weeks ago: 205 (440)

Practice released items taken today (78%)

Desired score: 230+

Specialty interests: Pulm/CC, Cardiology, Med-Peds, ID, FP, who really knows yet...

Three weeks to go...

i am fretting over this score.

i hope i can keep my intensity up as the weeks progress. any words of wisdom?

Goal - 230+ (I will be totally satisfied and happy if I break this :) )
Test date - June 22nd

I guess I'll chime in:

Test date: June 1
Specialty: something surgical or anesthesia

So the magic number looks like 240. If we use a SD of 20 like FA, then SDN members think that are the top 16% of the country. Pretty lofty goals.

I'd love a 240 and that was my goal starting second year. It seems to be the cutoff for getting interviews at the top IM programs (hopkins, et cetera)

I'm kind of doubting I can get 240 ... the last few days I've been sort of "giving up" and not studying as hard.

I'll be very happy with anything over a 220.

Test date: june 20

Goal: 220
Test date: June 23
Specialty desired: OB/GYN (though that could change)

Updates:
NBME form 2 taken 6/1 (3 days into studying): 470/211
NBME form 4 taken 6/8 (10 days into studying): 490/216 (was hoping for more of an increase...)
NBME form 1 taken 6/17 (3 weeks into studying): 540/228 (I would be THRILLED with this score!)
150 Q's taken 6/21: 84/247 according to medfriends (This is probably insanely over-inflated, but wouldn't it be nice? :D)

I'll play...

Test Date: June 12th
Goal Score: 220 (I like plain stuff; GenSurg, IM, EM)

Good Luck!

Ha ha ha...
most competitive thing that interests me is Rad Onc
x-ing my fingers, sayin my prayers, workin my gluteus maximus and medius off

260+:cool:
Da' 19th of June
If you ain't flying high then you might as well hate:thumbup:

Test Date: June 18th

240 and above, I'll be ecstatic...I don't know what I want to do yet...trying to keep my options open though

shootin for 240, taking it june 16th, but the way things are going, i'll probably be one of the people crying rather than laughing...

240+ - Looking into rads
Test Date: June 27th (6 weeks from yesterday)
Took NBME Form #4 Two Days ago - 230
Hopefully the last 10 wont be hard to get

Realistic goal: 230+ (I would love to have a 250, but I don't know how realistic that is).

Test date: June 19th

Target specialites: Urology, general surgery, Emergency Medicine, in no particular order

Gosh, y'all have such high goals...

goal: 220
test date: june 22
target specialty: obgyn

I'm thinking internal medicine and would love to get into a top program (hopkins, washu, cornell...), so I'm shooting for a 240...I haven't taken any practice tests yet, though, and just started studying last week. My test is June 18th....do you think it's do-able?! Anyone score 240+ after studying about 5.5 weeks?

aiming for >235.... because I have absolutely NO idea what I want to do (other than not wanting to do surgery/urology/pediatrics)

test date: june 18th

crossing my fingers!