USMLEWorld DRM annoyance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbachuck

Fear denies faith
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get around how USMLEWorld prevents you from minimizing its window? It's pretty annoying to have to quit everytime I want to look up a topic.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope......they do it so you cannot copy/paste, take notes, or run image-capturing software from your computer etc. But you can get around it by using another laptop if you have one.

I have a mac and I can minimize the window and use the internet while im using UW.

Members don't see this ad :)
you know that copy protection/DRM is over the top when it prevents you from legitimately using the software.

i've also noticed that USMLEWorld conflicts with some flash apps online.

btw, you can also get around it w/ dual monitors...and copy and paste to your hearts content. how do you like them apples.

How about using a book to look things up? maybe rapid review or FA?

i actually like that i can't minimize b/c it keeps me from "just hopping on the internets for a bit," which turns into 30min

I have 2 laptops( One is old). Can I connect them and copy/paste? Pls help me..............

UW disconnects the copy/paste feature for obvious reasons. So unless you know of a way to hack it, I suggest you just write the concepts down that you need to remember. Most people remember more by writing it down anyway.