usmleworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctizzle13498

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a uworld question asking about whethe i knew atacurium was the DOC for renal and liver dysfunction when needing a nueromuscular blocker...how was I supposed to know this?

Members don't see this ad.

Had a uworld question asking about whethe i knew atacurium was the DOC for renal and liver dysfunction when needing a nueromuscular blocker...how was I supposed to know this?

Atracurium (and the more commonly used cis-atracurium) are very unique drugs that are broken down non-enzymatically by Hoffman elimination.

I know that from 2 anesthesia electives and from reading an anesthesia textbook. As to why you should know that? Because it's a uworld question...haha

You are going to run into questions you don't know on the test just like USMLEWorld. If anything this question should be a learning experience in trying to eliminate as many answers as you can and then picking one of the remaining choices. You have to be able to move on after a question like this and not let it bother you while you are working on subsequent, more reasonable questions.

Survivor DO

Members don't see this ad :)
It's hard to remember sometimes, but UWorld is meant as a learning tool, not for assessment....

You are going to run into questions you don't know on the test just like USMLEWorld. If anything this question should be a learning experience in trying to eliminate as many answers as you can and then picking one of the remaining choices. You have to be able to move on after a question like this and not let it bother you while you are working on subsequent, more reasonable questions.

Survivor DO

Solid advice. :thumbup: