USN acceptance letter... anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diamondeve21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

To those who interviewed at USN, did any one get an acceptance letter yet? What were you guys' stats? When did USN say they were gna send out acceptance letters again? Thanks a lot..

Members don't see this ad.

I just read on other thread that there were already a few people who have been notified by USN. If I remember correctly from the interview, Dr. Deyoung is to call each of the accepted student personally to let her/him know the good news. I guess I shall just patiently wait until I hear anything, if at all.

I am also anxiously waiting for that call because USN is my first choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did he say he would start calling and when will the majority of the acceptance be notified again? Thanks

Diamondeve21 said:
When did he say he would start calling and when will the majority of the acceptance be notified again? Thanks
May

So most of the students will be notified by May or will all of the students be notified by May? dats soo late!! some students already got acceptance notifications...

Hi,

Did anyone else receive acceptance calls? To those of you who did, when did you interview and what were ur stats? if u dont mind sharing... thx a lot..

Diamondeve21 said:
Did anyone else receive acceptance calls? To those of you who did, when did you interview and what were ur stats? if u dont mind sharing... thx a lot..

Most students get it in MAY. I got my call in MAY. For now, relax guys/gals. Enjoy your time. Whatever decision they make is out of your control. So just relax, and expect the calls come MAY. Hope you all get in.

Diamondeve21 said:
HI,

To those who interviewed at USN, did any one get an acceptance letter yet? What were you guys' stats? When did USN say they were gna send out acceptance letters again? Thanks a lot..

Last year, I was notified at the beginning of March, but I think the majority is April/May

I will be applying next year. Is their any advantage of getting your application in early or is the Jan 12th deadline fine either way?
thanks.

also, do you have labs as part of the curriculum or is it just lectures
http://www.usn.edu/html/curriculum.phtml?

The deadline was Jan. 12, but I received an email interview invitation in the middle of Dec. for a Jan. 18th interview date. I sent my application in Sept.

Overall, I think it doesn't really matter because they really don't give out acceptances until the majority of the people have been interviewed. They base the interviews invites on a point system that include:

1. overall GPA
2. pre-req GPA
3. pre-req's completed
4. Degrees obtained

It can't hurt to send it in early though. :thumbup:

USN has an initial basic compounding lab and intravenous solution preparation lab.

:)

gsinccom said:
I will be applying next year. Is their any advantage of getting your application in early or is the Jan 12th deadline fine either way?
thanks.

also, do you have labs as part of the curriculum or is it just lectures
http://www.usn.edu/html/curriculum.phtml?

I recommend to send it as early as possible if all your coursework and everything are done. If that is the case, why wait. If you are truely exeptional, USN will admit you sooner than May and that is a nice perk to you the applicant. Who wouldn't rather know Feb/March compared to April/May.

alwaystired said:
I recommend to send it as early as possible if all your coursework and everything are done. If that is the case, why wait. If you are truely exeptional, USN will admit you sooner than May and that is a nice perk to you the applicant. Who wouldn't rather know Feb/March compared to April/May.

They do require a $1000 non-refundable deposit within in 10 days of acceptance notification so I am thinking that maybe I wouldn't mind knowing until May that way I could get my other options sorted out too and not be out one grand. If they don't offer acceptances till all interviews are done then I don't see much of an advantage to getting the application in early. Any other thoughts?

I have my Bachelors. My overall and science and pre-req gpa are above average. And my prereqs are all done. I think I a shoe-in as long as my interview goes well.

Does the admissions process differ in any way if you choose to attend the utah campus over the nevada one or vice-versa?

Members don't see this ad :)
gsinccom said:
They do require a $1000 non-refundable deposit within in 10 days of acceptance notification so I am thinking that maybe I wouldn't mind knowing until May that way I could get my other options sorted out too and not be out one grand. If they don't offer acceptances till all interviews are done then I don't see much of an advantage to getting the application in early. Any other thoughts?

I have my Bachelors. My overall and science and pre-req gpa are above average. And my prereqs are all done. I think I a shoe-in as long as my interview goes well.

Does the admissions process differ in any way if you choose to attend the utah campus over the nevada one or vice-versa?

That is true about the deposit. I never thought about that as USN was my only school that I applied to so it was a no-brainer for me to put the deposit down.

They do offer admissions before all the interviews are complete, but they don't admit a ton of people. My perception of them is that they keep a majority of the acceptances till the end for the remaining candidates who are yet to interview.

If you want the Utah campus, you simply choose that location on your application. It will be a smaller class in Utah (about 50). The application process is the same and you are still competing against everyone that wants to go to USN (both locations). If there are more people that want Utah then there are spots, they will go down the list of those accepted with highest scores. I guess I am trying to say they are the same pool of candidates, not separate.

Hello,

Anyone know when is the last interview date for USN? I have a classmate interviewing on the 18th.. Is that the last? Thanks.. Good luck to everyone!!!

I just got the official acceptance phone call from Dr. DeYoung! USN is finally giving out the early acceptances as the ACPE just approved the South Jordan campus! :love: That was the hold up everyone so keep those cell phones near!

Good luck to all! :love: :luck:

I am so excited, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and man does it look good! :laugh:

Smilescali said:
I just got the official acceptance phone call from Dr. DeYoung! USN is finally giving out the early acceptances as the ACPE approved the South Jordan campus! :love: That was the hold up everyone so keep those cell phones near!

I am so excited, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and man does it look good! :laugh:
CONGRATS :thumbup:

WOW!!! Congrats!!! I hope I'll be getting that call soon too! USN is my first choice.

CONGRATS smilescali!!! Now you can celebrate it with your son!!!

Good Job. We all know how much you wanted it!

:clap: Congrat!!! I knew that U would get in. ;) I even knew that U would be offered an early admission. Congrat, Susan :thumbup: By the way, what time did Dr. DeYoung call you on your acceptance? Did u personally talked to him or was it just a recored phone call? I am so curious to know... Again, Congrat!!!

Smilescali said:
I just got the official acceptance phone call from Dr. DeYoung! USN is finally giving out the early acceptances as the ACPE just approved the South Jordan campus! :love: That was the hold up everyone so keep those cell phones near!

Congrats!!!!! :D :D :D Hopefully we'll see each other in the fall at USN!

Anna

Thanks guys and gals! Hopefully I will finally get to meet all of you in the fall!!!

Hotties-

Yes, I personally talked to Dr. DeYoung (no informal recorded messages!!). He called around 8:00PM and from talking to others that got acceptances last year, he seems to call people in the evening. There will be a formal acceptance package mailed today and he is giving people 15 days to respond. Of course I don't need the 15 days...I was so excited talking to him and thanking him, he probably thinks I am a crazy lady! :)

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Diamondeve21 said:
Anyone know when is the last interview date for USN? I have a classmate interviewing on the 18th.. Is that the last? Thanks.. Good luck to everyone!!!

No, that is not the last interview date for USN. There is one more in March (I think the 27th?), but Dr. DeYoung also said that there might be more in April as well. I am not sure if they have sent out those emails yet. I have a few friends that are still waiting for an interview with USN so I am keeping my fingers crossed for them. What GPA does your friend have that is interviewing on the 18th?

Smilescali said:

Congratulations Smilescali! I'm crossing my fingers for good news from USN too.

cn2009 said:
Congratulations Smilescali! I'm crossing my fingers for good news from USN too.

WoooHoooo! Got the call from Doctor DeYoung today. Hey Smiles, it looks like we'll be classmates! :D :D :D

Smilescali said:

Smilescali,

Which campus are you planning on attending?

Smilescali said:

I am very happy for your acceptance.
I have questions for you.

Why USN is your first choice?
Also, do you know how many percent of interviewee are getting accepted?
Thank you.

Smilescali said:

Congratulations! You truly deserve it! :clap:

kkelloww said:
WoooHoooo! Got the call from Doctor DeYoung today. Hey Smiles, it looks like we'll be classmates! :D :D :D

Congratulations to you too!

LVPharm said:
Congratulations! You truly deserve it! :clap:
Thanks LVPharm for all of your help and guidance you have given me throughout my journey to become a USNer! I can't believe it finally happened! :)

kkelloww said:

Yippiee! I can't wait! Congrats to you! :)

fntl2005 said:
I am very happy for your acceptance.
I have questions for you.

Why USN is your first choice?
Also, do you know how many percent of interviewee are getting accepted?
Thank you.

Yes, USN is my first choice :)

They are interviewing approx 400 applicants and their class will seat 190 this year I believe. So you have like a 50/50 percent chance if you get an interview. Hope this helps.

Oh, I am planning to attend the Henderson campus!

Smilescali said:
Thanks guys and gals! Hopefully I will finally get to meet all of you in the fall!!!

Hotties-

Yes, I personally talked to Dr. DeYoung (no informal recorded messages!!). He called around 8:00PM and from talking to others that got acceptances last year, he seems to call people in the evening. There will be a formal acceptance package mailed today and he is giving people 15 days to respond. Of course I don't need the 15 days...I was so excited talking to him and thanking him, he probably thinks I am a crazy lady! :)

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Don't worry I did the same thing last year!~

Congratulations, SmileCali ...Good job!

Wow! Congrats to those that got accepted to USN!! I'm so happy. I was hoping for an email for an interview, but I'm still waiting. My hopes to get an interview are slowly fading! :( Well hopefully next year!

I guess this is good news but I got a call from Dr. Deyoung himself today, but my brother picked up the phone and Dr. Deyoung gave him a number to his personal line that I could use to reach him but he wrote down the wrong number!!!

So I'll have to wait till tomorrow because its like 9pm and the University is closed.

What do you guys think? Good news???????

I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! I am so happy...after such a long wait!....

Congrats! I hope I'll be able to say the same thing tomorrow!

Folks,

Last night, while I was working out at the Gym, I received a phone call from a blocked number on my cellular phone. I cant hear what the caller was saying, then the phone call was drop due to poor reception. I was hoping that might be Dr. De Young. Should I contact him or just wait for him to call back? after reading from people posted, I guess he called around that time. what should I do now? should I email him or call him? Help..Thank you

henderson said:
Finally! I am so happy...after such a long wait!....

That's great news Henderson! I knew you would be hearing soon from USN! I wonder who else from our interview session has received an acceptance phone call. Congrats and I will see you in August! :)

HABANERO4ME said:
Folks,

Last night, while I was working out at the Gym, I received a phone call from a blocked number on my cellular phone. I cant hear what the caller was saying, then the phone call was drop due to poor reception. I was hoping that might be Dr. De Young. Should I contact him or just wait for him to call back? after reading from people posted, I guess he called around that time. what should I do now? should I email him or call him? Help..Thank you

Was it blocked or an unknown number? When Dr. DeYOung called me on my cell phone it was an unknown number. When did you interview? I'm sure he will call back on your cell phone or your home phone. :)

it said "No Caller ID" on my phone. I dont have a house number I only listed my cell phone and email as primary contact. Should I email him or just continue to wait. I dont want to piss him off by bothering him..I interviewed in Feb 18. when did you interview?

I Just got off the phone with Dr. Deyoung, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone,

I got a call from Dr De Young earlier. I guess Im in. Im so happy :D

First of all, congrat!!! :clap:
Was your GPA above 3.75? Do you have BS? How many pre-req. do you have left as of today? Could you please please answer my questions?

I had my interview with them back in Jan. but haven't heard anything...
I am so sad...My GPA is 3.75(both overall and pre-req.), and I will be getting my BS(Biochem) soon. I have only one (physiology) pre-req. remaing. Well, I guess I am not good enough :thumbdown:

hotties said:
First of all, congrat!!! :clap:
Was your GPA above 3.75? Do you have BS? How many pre-req. do you have left as of today? Could you please please answer my questions?

I had my interview with them back in Jan. but haven't heard anything...
I am so sad...My GPA is 3.75(both overall and pre-req.), and I will be getting my BS(Biochem) soon. I have only one (physiology) pre-req. remaing. Well, I guess I am not good enough :thumbdown:

Oh man!!! I got into USN today. Thanks all..
I got the lucky call...Life is so sweet now :love:

hotties said:
Oh man!!! I got into USN today. Thanks all..
I got the lucky call...Life is so sweet now :love:

I'm glad you got the call! Cheers!!!

Are you still interested in those stats? I didnt think so :laugh:

veniex said:
I'm glad you got the call! Cheers!!!

Are you still interested in those stats? I didnt think so :laugh:

Nope, I am not interested in those ststs anymore. ;)
Thanks girl! Soooo Happy now. :D

Wow! This is a great day for all that just got accepted into USN! I guess Dr. DeYoung has been very busy!!! I am so excited for all of you and can't wait to finally meet all of you in August! Congrats to all of the class of 2009 at USN! :) :)