USN acceptance letter... anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Khuyen said:
Hey Smilescali

Have you got everything packed yet? It has been too hot for a drive to Vegas, but I know I need to do that soon and find housing....

Anyway, just checking in to see where you are at? You mentioned your parents/ or your in-laws might be moving with you too?

BTW, you need to clean out your mail box. It's too full and won't accept any more PMs. :)

:laugh: My mailbox is clean now.....

I will be moving on July 11th to Green Valley Ranch area that is only like 7 min. from the campus. I love that area and it is close(within walking distance) to the District where the Whole Foods Market is. :love:... and Panera Bread. Nice and green...hardly feels like the desert there :thumbup:

I would look for places in the Green Valley/ Henderson area because it is close to USN, not to mention it is a very nice area with good schools for the kids.

Yes, my parents are moving out there as well (Rhodes Ranch) which is about 20 min away from me. I am so blessed that my Dad has decided to retire and move out of So Cal. :) Lord knows I am going to need the help.

Not sure which preschool my son will be going to yet. I have narrowed it down to Green Valley Christian Preschool or Green Valley Luthern. I have heard great things about each of them from current students that attend USN and from some of the staff at USN.

I'll PM you with details a little later...gotta run... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Bump

Has anyone purchased the laptop yet? I think I am going to just get one of the recommended laptops from Dell...maybe the less expensive one.

Is everyone else getting excited.?... :love:

Smilescali said:
Has anyone purchased the laptop yet? I think I am going to just get one of the recommended laptops from Dell...maybe the less expensive one.
Smilescali,

I know nothing of computer specs but here are some recommendations from my friends who are more computer knowledgable:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152658&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

or

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152628&whse=BC&topnav=&browse

They are both Dell, but Costco has a great return policy if you change your mind, and you can go in Costco to see it in real life before purchasing.

I was told the only thing that it doesnot meet USN specs is 1.83 GHz versus 2GHz but that shouldn't matter too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Khuyen said:
Smilescali,

I know nothing of computer specs but here are some recommendations from my friends who are more computer knowledgable:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152658&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

or

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11152628&whse=BC&topnav=&browse

They are both Dell, but Costco has a great return policy if you change your mind, and you can go in Costco to see it in real life before purchasing.

I was told the only thing that it doesnot meet USN specs is 1.83 GHz versus 2GHz but that shouldn't matter too much.

Thanks girl for the info, but I just purchased the Dell this morning. It seems okay for the price. Free financing until Jan 2007! :thumbup:

Khuyen said:
Smilescali,

or

I believe the laptop HAS to have Windows XP Pro, and not the Media Center or XP Home Operating Systems.

Do you guys remember what was the topic of their essay last year? i cannot wait till they post the application in September.

congrats to you all! Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys as C/O 2010! :thumbup:

alwaystired said:
usn is accredited by ACPE and they are working on approval for federal loans now.

will somebody please explain this and tell me when USN is expecting that there students will be eligible for federal loans? Thank you. p.s. I'm going to apply for 2007 and hope to go to the Utah campus. Aren't Federal Loans a lot better than private?

Also, how many students from USN go to residencies? Isn't it basically required that you do a residency if you want a job in an primary care pharmacy outpatient clinic? I prefer that setting more than a hospital or retail.

also, what are my odds of getting in? I have a 3.8 Overall Gpa and 3.76 on pre-reqs. I have done all the pre-reqs. I have my bachelors degree but it was from 2001 and this scares me a bit cause some of my pre-reqs are older than 6 years and they say it is recommended all have been within the last 6 years. I don't have any pharmacy experience since I just recently decided on pharmacy school. So, USN actually accepts students as early as March? How come they say on their website that they don't do acceptances till late May?

please help.

gsinccom said:
will somebody please explain this and tell me when USN is expecting that there students will be eligible for federal loans? Thank you. p.s. I'm going to apply for 2007 and hope to go to the Utah campus. Aren't Federal Loans a lot better than private?

Also, how many students from USN go to residencies? Isn't it basically required that you do a residency if you want a job in an primary care pharmacy outpatient clinic? I prefer that setting more than a hospital or retail.

also, what are my odds of getting in? I have a 3.8 Overall Gpa and 3.76 on pre-reqs. I have done all the pre-reqs. I have my bachelors degree but it was from 2001 and this scares me a bit cause some of my pre-reqs are older than 6 years and they say it is recommended all have been within the last 6 years. I don't have any pharmacy experience since I just recently decided on pharmacy school. So, USN actually accepts students as early as March? How come they say on their website that they don't do acceptances till late May?

please help.

Hi,

I think you have a very good shot at receiving an interview from USN based on your GPA and degree.

I am not sure about the fedeal loan issue. It is very frustrating dealing with private lenders. This is the only negative aspect I can think of regarding USN. They said maybe next year. You see, it is a relatively new stand alone pharmacy school so it is a long process with the DOE to receive federal loans. My private loan is at 7.37% with good credit.

I know a number of graduates that have completed or are in the process of completing residencies.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to you. :)

thanks for the input SmilesCali.

Anyone else able to help me with my questions/concerns? Also, how do you get residencies with pharm? Since USN doesn't use traditional grades how do they know which students to give the residencies to?

thanks.

I called the DMV in Nevada and they said that as long as you are temporarily moving there as a student, you don't have to register your car in Nevada. (I will be driving my mom's car. We prefer to keep the registration in California.) However, I call my insurance company and they said that they will not cover driving in another state. Then I call Nevada insurance companies and they said they will not insure cars registered in another state. So I'm stuck with no auto insurance in either state! What have you guys done about this situation? Are your out-of-state auto insurance companies covering you in Nevada? Thanks.

How is your USN experience? Anything you like or not like about the school? What would you like to see more emphasis in its current curriculum ?

HI,

To those who interviewed at USN, did any one get an acceptance letter yet? What were you guys' stats? When did USN say they were gna send out acceptance letters again? Thanks a lot..