USN acceptance letter... anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at USN on March 1st. I just got a call from Doctor DeYoung yesterday and I've been accepted! See you guys in August!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all you future USNers!!:D :)

Congrats to those who are accepted!! Now your hard work is finally paid off!! Actually, do you guys mind sharing ur stats or PM ur stats? I interviewd with USN back in Feb and havent heard from them yet.. Im gettin really really worried... :scared: THX a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
While I was studing for my exams in B&N and got a call from Dr. Young (today around 6 p.m). Finally, my stress level has been reduced.... I am taking 17 units (Micro, Ochem II, Physiology, Psychology) and working 40 hours a week as Engr right now.... as long as I got passing grades, I am okay. It's time to let my GPA get lower. I hope to see all of you soon. BTW, my wife and I will have a baby boy around May-June and we haven't found any name for this boy yet. Any suggestion??? :love:

_Tom_, jr?

Congrats to you all. You will be so happy around this time next year. I know I am! :)

Do I have chance to get into the henderson campus???
I remember Dr. DeYoung called me and said "he (can or can't) assure that you get into the henderson campus at this point" I don't remeber if it was can't or can! What do you guys think? I really want to go to the henderson not san jordan!!! What did he tell you about the campus? Please let me know! Thank you very much!

hotties said:
I remember Dr. DeYoung called me and said "I (can or can't) assure that you get into the henderson campus at this point" I don't remeber if it was can't or can! What do you guys think? I really want to go to the henderson not san jordan!!! What did he tell you about the campus? Please let me know! Thank you very much!

From what I know, the south jordan campus is the one that is over-requested. It only has 50 spots and lots of people chose that as their preference. If you are accepted and you prefer Henderson, I am pretty sure that is the one you will probably get.

Hello,
I got my fone call today (11 am) too from Dr. DeYoung and he did ask me again to see which campus i'm intersted in going. So don't worry about what u chose b4 in the sheet u filled out 'cuz u could always change ur mind. If there are still open spots, he'll let u in. Anyway, i'm kinda surprised that I got accepted 'cuz I think my interview was hard (with Dr. Manley). He kept asking me additional questions based on my answers. I felt like he wasn't satisfied with it and that was the reason he kept asking.

Anyway, congrats to those that got accepted. And those who haven't heard from them yet, don't worry too much. Don't think that u won't get accepted 'cuz other ppl already heard from them and you haven't. It's not a negative sign yet until u actually receive a letter. The reasons that they're calling some others much sooner than the rest is b/c no matter how they do the ranking, those will still be in the top 140 or 190. They'll keep calling until April, so no need to worry too much. BTW, this year they're accepting 190, but only interview about 400? I'm not sure if they're gonna interview more ppl or not. But u almost get a 50/50 chance of getting in. I'll think I'll reject USN, so there will be another open spot.

hotties said:
I remember Dr. DeYoung called me and said "I (can or can't) assure that you get into the henderson campus at this point" I don't remeber if it was can't or can! What do you guys think? I really want to go to the henderson not san jordan!!! What did he tell you about the campus? Please let me know! Thank you very much!

alwaystired said:
From what I know, the south jordan campus is the one that is over-requested. It only has 50 spots and lots of people chose that as their preference. If you are accepted and you prefer Henderson, I am pretty sure that is the one you will probably get.

Thank you very much for your input. I guess, it was "can " then! :D
Could U please give me some advices on housing like how much is one bed room apartment or which area is good, etc. Again, Thank you very much for your help. I truly appreciate it. :)

I got in!!! :D :D :love: Dr. Deyoung called me last night while I was at work. I had to call him back, leave a message than wait for him to call me back!! I got the henderson campus, which is the one I wanted!! I am so excited!!!!!
Time to celebrate!!! Congrats to everyone else who got in and I guess we will see each other in August!!!
Anna

Tom, Hotties, Lakers, Anna1224: When did you guys interview?

Dry Water said:

I interviewed back in Jan. 18th. Good luck to you :luck:

Did anyone who interview on Feb 15 or afterwards hear anything from Dr DeYoung ?

Those you got accepted :clap: could you please post your interview date and campus preference

Members don't see this ad :)
arbangchan said:
Firstly, congrats on your acceptance. Would you mind to share your academic info. with those who did not get in so that we have an idea of our chances. I also intervied on Jan 18th. I am litterally checking my phone every 15 mins since last week and have heard nothing from DeYoung.

About me:
Science & overall - 3.60
BS - none
Remaining prereqs - Ochem II, General chem II

I PMed you!!!

Hang in there if you are still waiting. They are only giving out acceptances to people who 100% are in the top of the interview list. They still have at least one more interview date and so they have to hold off on giving out all the spots. Be patient and don't lose hope.

To the newest members of the USN community, CONGRATULATIONS!! I know how hard each one of you must of worked to get where you are now. Make certain to finish off your current pre-reqs with passing grades and get PLENTY of rest and relaxation before the school year begins this coming fall.

Look forward to seeing you on campus!

Asor :)

Dry Water said:

I interviewed Feb 27th and got my phone call on March 24th.
Anna

Dry Water said:

My interview was on 2/18. I received his phone call on 3/24.

Hello,

Besides the acceptance rush last week, did anyone else get an acceptance call yet?

Diamondeve21 said:
Hello,

Besides the acceptance rush last week, did anyone else get an acceptance call yet?

I believe they got interviews this week: Wed 3/29 and Sat 4/1

Hi yall,
I am new here. I had interview on feb lst at usn and still waiting for their reply and growing frustrating every hours by now. I am still now sure what went wrong that is causing all this delay. My expectation was typically high about USN. I had intervew will Dr. Coffman and Dr. Fang. did any body have them too? guys plz post some words i badly need it i think. My stats are as follows

Nationality : Bhutan ( country between china and india) I am international student

Degree: 1) B.S. In Botany (Bhutan). 2) B.S. In Biology (University of Michigan)

Pre-Requi: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Psychology. ( i am taking all these this spring)

GPA : 3.51 (Botany), 3.60 (Biology) 3.66 (Science)

Work Experience: Pharmacology Lab, Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy.

During interview, they asked me questions like: your background shows that you are more like research person, what made you choose pharmacy? What makes a pharmacist good or bad? Experiences of working in a team?
Difference between hospital and retail pharmacy? which one i like the most and why? My experience of living in usa? Did i like Vegas? Do i like drive thru in pharmacy? i said to be very honest, i did not like the idea of drive thru. and they asked can i see a single advantage of drive thru? then i said, drive thru helps handycap and ageing people. Any bad experience of working in pharmacy? besides that they asked about my country and geographical diversity of south asia. those are the basic questions they asked me. and i think that was one of my best interview experience.. i dont know guys.. i feel so low these days.. plz help

Rstar,

Dont worry, just relax.. it seem like you have all the right experience for pharmacy school. good luck.. did you interview anywhere else?

Khuyen said:
I believe they got interviews this week: Wed 3/29 and Sat 4/1
Khuyen, don't you have friends that interviewed on March 18? It's probably a little early for them to hear from Dr. Deyoung yet.....I just wonder if they did anyway.....I'm just about to go insane waiting for his call. :(

rstar said:
Hi yall,
I am new here. I had interview on feb lst at usn and still waiting for their reply and growing frustrating every hours by now. I am still now sure what went wrong that is causing all this delay. My expectation was typically high about USN. I had intervew will Dr. Coffman and Dr. Fang. did any body have them too? guys plz post some words i badly need it i think. My stats are as follows

Nationality : Bhutan ( country between china and india) I am international student

Degree: 1) B.S. In Botany (Bhutan). 2) B.S. In Biology (University of Michigan)

Pre-Requi: Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, and Psychology. ( i am taking all these this spring)

GPA : 3.51 (Botany), 3.60 (Biology) 3.66 (Science)

Work Experience: Pharmacology Lab, Retail Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacy.

During interview, they asked me questions like: your background shows that you are more like research person, what made you choose pharmacy? What makes a pharmacist good or bad? Experiences of working in a team?
Difference between hospital and retail pharmacy? which one i like the most and why? My experience of living in usa? Did i like Vegas? Do i like drive thru in pharmacy? i said to be very honest, i did not like the idea of drive thru. and they asked can i see a single advantage of drive thru? then i said, drive thru helps handycap and ageing people. Any bad experience of working in pharmacy? besides that they asked about my country and geographical diversity of south asia. those are the basic questions they asked me. and i think that was one of my best interview experience.. i dont know guys.. i feel so low these days.. plz help

I PMed you!

HABANERO4ME said:
Rstar,

Dont worry, just relax.. it seem like you have all the right experience for pharmacy school. good luck.. did you interview anywhere else?

Hi Rstar,

I agree with Habanero4me. You seem to be very well balanced with your academics and work experience. I know the waiting is VERY frustrating, but USN has not given out the majority of the acceptances yet (even though it seems like a lot of people from SDN have already heard! :) ).

The majority of the acceptances will come in May so hang tight and try not to worry. I know, I know easier said than done... I interviewed on Jan. 18 and heard from USN on March 16, it was the longest 2 months of my life!!! :laugh:

cn2009 said:
Khuyen, don't you have friends that interviewed on March 18? It's probably a little early for them to hear from Dr. Deyoung yet.....I just wonder if they did anyway.....I'm just about to go insane waiting for his call. :(

CN -- Her interview was on 3/15. It went ok, she wasn't interview by Dr DeYoung. She said she's glad it's over, she's not sitting by the phone but would be glad if she gets accepted... No, she hasn't heard from USN either.

I got a phone call from Dr. de young
I am going to USN.
I had the interview on Jan 18.
It took me more than 2 month to hear from them.
I know it is very hard to wait.
But, you know what, do not lose that hope.

fntl2005 said:
I got a phone call from Dr. de young
I am going to USN.
I had the interview on Jan 18.
It took me more than 2 month to hear from them.
I know it is very hard to wait.
But, you know what, do not lose that hope.

Great news! Congrats! Are you for sure going to USN?

Congratulations fntl2005 !!! Enjoy the rest of the week/the month/ the spring/ the summer :) Congratulations!!

Smilescali said:
Great news! Congrats! Are you for sure going to USN?
Thank you very much for the reply.
I am still thinking about it but more toward the USN.
If I go, I will see you there.

Khuyen said:
Congratulations fntl2005 !!! Enjoy the rest of the week/the month/ the spring/ the summer :) Congratulations!!
Thank you very much.
Yes, I am going to relax from now on.
:cool:

lakers said:
My interview was on 2/18. I received his phone call on 3/24.

Congrats lakers!

I had my interview on 2/13, and I also got my call on 3/24. For those waiting or on the waitlist, you're one spot closer to getting in. I won't be attending USN...which makes me kinda sad. I think USN has a pretty good program.

Goodluck :luck: to everyone still waiting. I know what you're feeling but don't lose hope. If you think you did bad in your interviews, no stress...I totally thought I blew all my chances of getting into school this year but I got into 3 of the 4 schools so far (still waiting for Midwestern). I said some pretty stupid stuff during my interviews, so you never know how or who they choose to be accepted.

I also imterviewed on March 18th and so far nothing. My buddy who also interviewed the same day didn't even make it to her hotel room that saturday. Deyoung called her to tell her she had been accepted. Weird ha!!!! :( But anyway she was so confident and actually wore purple top to the interview.You think that why :laugh:

So Smilescali and the rest of the gang you will all meet her she was so much fun and she is from Hawaii.

Hi,
I have been accepted by both Albany, NY. and by USN (Nevada). Both have 3-year programs. Albany will start this summer in May, 23. USN will star in August, 21.
I am really confused & not deciding yet. After all consideration, I just ignore the tuition difference and the weather accounts;
I am now just concerned about the school (reputation and accreditation and USN is already accredited yet or a accreditation candidate?), the cirriculums, the grading systems (Albany is A, B, C grading, and USN is 90% passing policy) & the programs...
Could you please help me to figure out which one the best choice or anyone has any different opinion? Thanks a lot & good luck to everybody. :luck:
Chao! :confused: :confused: :confused:

DACSARAH said:
Hi,
I have been accepted by both Albany, NY. and by USN (Nevada). Both have 3-year programs. Albany will start this summer in May, 23. USN will star in August, 21.
I am really confused & not deciding yet. After all consideration, I just ignore the tuition difference and the weather accounts;
I am now just concerned about the school (reputation and accreditation and USN is already accredited yet or a accreditation candidate?), the cirriculums, the grading systems (Albany is A, B, C grading, and USN is 90% passing policy) & the programs...
Could you please help me to figure out which one the best choice or anyone has any different opinion? Thanks a lot & good luck to everybody. :luck:
Chao! :confused: :confused: :confused:

usn is accredited by ACPE and they are working on approval for federal loans now.

I am wondering if usn still holds other interviews after April 1, 2006? it's because i haven't heard anything from usn. Probably i don't have a chance to be invited to interview... :(

I also haven't heard from them for interviews although one of the admission staff said interviews will be held throughout April. I'm just not gonna hope to hear from them at this point. :(

To those of you who were accepted at USN, what is the specific date of matriculation? Thanks in advance

In May when majority of students are accepted at USN, do they continue to call each and everyone or they stop calling personally and just mail out all the acceptances and rejections ?

8/23(orientation). They have online-catalog posted on their webpage tho...
The actual class wll start on 8/28

Hi,
Is there anybody looking for a room/house to go to school there?

dacthuy said:
Hi,
Is there anybody looking for a room/house to go to school there?

Thuy, you got in??? wow, congrats. I spoke to you at the interview, don't know if you remember.... again, congratulations :)

I got the interview on Feb 13, 06, & Dr. DeYoung called me around 7pm on March, 28. Congratulation to everybody. :luck:

Hi Khuyen & all USNers,

Yes. How are you doing now? Were you with your dad on that day? I am now in a big confusion not knowing where to go. I am still in the between of Albany (in May) & USN (in August). I did paid the deposits for both schools in order to have more choice. Oh God plese help me to figure it out. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi Thuy, no I was with my mom.... I was the first to go in the interview in your group... I still haven't heard from USN. :(

FYI to all those waiting: I just called USN, they said the letters are going out within the next 3 weeks..... There will be 3 types of letters: 1. admitted 2. wait list 3. not accepted.... I guess DeYoung stopped answering his calls. I spoke to someone else....

Go to Albany in May, if you don't like it, go to USN with us in August. :D . It's plain and simple. God won't help you but you can help others by decline either or both school ASAP. :p

dacthuy said:
Hi Khuyen & all USNers,

Yes. How are you doing now? Were you with your dad on that day? I am now in a big confusion not knowing where to go. I am still in the between of Albany (in May) & USN (in August). I did paid the deposits for both schools in order to have more choice. Oh God plese help me to figure it out. :confused: :confused: :confused:

_Tom_ said:
Go to Albany in May, if you don't like it, go to USN with us in August. :D . It's plain and simple. God won't help you but you can help others by decline either or both school ASAP. :p

Tom, that might be a good idea... in theory. But she would have to pay tuition for both schools!! And I'm sure Albany tuition would be nonrefundable if she changes her mind in August....

Thuy, I guess you just have to decide where you want to practice/ live after pharmacy school. So take in consideration of job market/ family....

Thanks for the advice. For sure I understand what i need to do & end things properly in time. It's just because we have to take some carefull consideration before we make up our mind; and i think this is one of the biggest decision in life to decide to move to a new place to study & to live in order to achieve our goal. Therefore i should knock all the doors to ask for help.