USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last week DeYoung said roughly 100 to half of the seats are left. But dont know the break up between the two campuses.

Members don't see this ad.

There are 3 more interview dates coming up. Good luck everyone!

Where did you hear that? When did interviews start on? When I called on like the 20th I was told they were more than half way done with interviews and on the website it said interviews would be done at the end of march and the 18th seems to me the end of March...confused lol

My calendar says that there are interviews on March 30. It might just be that Dr. DeYoung reserved the rooms just in case he wants another round of interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! I just got a phone call today around noon from Dr. Deyoung! :D I'm still in shock and excited to join USN class of 2013! I dropped my phone when I saw the 702 area code. Lol. Good luck to everyone waiting for a call and interviewing!:xf::xf:

Congrats OCPharmGuy!!! What are your stats? When did you interview?

Thanx for the encouragement. Hopefully we get our phone calls as well. :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Congrats OCPharmGuy!!! What are your stats? When did you interview?

Thanx for the encouragement. Hopefully we get our phone calls as well. :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Here are my stats I interviewed on 2/16
overall GPA: 3.75 AF: 4.0 (b/c classes were taken 10 years ago)
prereqs GPA: 4.0
August PCAT: 67 percentile
January PCAT: 86 percentile

Dr. Deyoung said there are seats availible still in both campuses, so don't lose hope. Good luck guys!!

Dr. Deyoung said there are seats availible still in both campuses, so don't lose hope. Good luck guys!!

Thanx for the heads up...I interviewed the same day lol cool glad to see atleast one of us got called back.

I was an interviewee on the March 2nd interview session and hope to hear from Dr. DeYoung regarding acceptance into either campus. I really liked the school and their program.

Congrats OCPharmGuy! I'm now offically jealous! LOL! :thumbup:

:D I just got the call earlier today also. You couldn't peel the smile off my face today. And as OCpharmguy said Deyoung told me that there are plenty of seats at both locations. Good luck to you all and see you guys at the Utah campus :D :banana:

:D I just got the call earlier today also. You couldn't peel the smile off my face today. And as OCpharmguy said Deyoung told me that there are plenty of seats at both locations. Good luck to you all and see you guys at the Utah campus :D :banana:

Congrats! when did u interview?

I interviewed at the Utah campus on Febuary 18th. So I had to wait a while but it was worth it :soexcited: again good luck to you all :xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
DeYoung said they just go down the list and call people with the highest scores first then work there way down.

I am still confused with regards to "highest scores". After the interview, I know that USN classifies from highest to bottom, but when ranking people from the interviews, do they rank according to interview performance only, or EVERYTHING, including GPA and PCAT scores?

I am still confused with regards to "highest scores". After the interview, I know that USN classifies from highest to bottom, but when ranking people from the interviews, do they rank according to interview performance only, or EVERYTHING, including GPA and PCAT scores?

It should be everything, from your stats to your interview. I know this because Dr. DeYoung did mention at the interview that sending in updated transcripts can bump you up the list if it improves your GPA.

I truly hope that everyone that wants to go to USN is able to go so that you can see how screwed up that school is for yourself. I am only giving a warning that the school is not what it leads you to believe. I said the test are almost impossible. They are passable if you study all the time, as in when you wake up to when you go to bed. However, a record number of summers are going out for both classes. Those who think that I am an idiot and goes to USN will find out on test number one that the test are not easy. Furthermore, people need to learn the difference between applying for residency and getting a residency. When it comes to getting a residency, USN doesn't have great success or at least that is what I have been told. And everyone is right, I am too busy to waste my time on this board......peace out!!!!

PS Why would I take lorazepam.......that's anti-anxiety. I would have went with lithium or prozac if implying a mental disorder in your statement.

FYI:

"Mental Disorders" include among others, anxiety and depression. Lithium and Prozac are two types of anti-depressants, the former of which is no longer used due to the damaging effects on various bodily organs. Are you a pharmacy student? If so, how do you not know that?

FYI:

"Mental Disorders" include among others, anxiety and depression. Lithium and Prozac are two types of anti-depressants, the former of which is no longer used due to the damaging effects on various bodily organs. Are you a pharmacy student? If so, how do you not know that?

I think you might be confusing Prozac and Lithium for antipsychotic drugs such as phenothiazines, since by "mental disorder" you may loosely be referring to Psychotic disorders.

I think you might be confusing Prozac and Lithium for antipsychotic drugs such as phenothiazines, since by "mental disorder" you may loosely be referring to Psychotic disorders.

Why did you reply to yourself? hehe. You can just click on the edit button to update your last post. :)

Yea, that's what Dr. Melfi prescribed to Tony Soprano! LOL! Sorry, I'm a big Sopranos fan. :D

I thought that since Lithium is so widely known to cause kidney damage it's barely prescribed these days.

It should be everything, from your stats to your interview. I know this because Dr. DeYoung did mention at the interview that sending in updated transcripts can bump you up the list if it improves your GPA.

That's good. Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't aware that courses completed this semester would count, but I'm glad they will since I'm taking 26 units and I'm sure it'll make a difference.

LOL @ circle...you are right. She did prescribe that for him.

EDIT: circle, come to think of it, wasn't it Prozac that Dr Melfi prescribed?

He was on Prozac, but if you remember the "Isabella" episode when he was hallucinating...it was the episode when he met his dentist neighbor's house sitter that didn't really exist. Yea, he was on Lithium in that episode. LOL! I have the complete series and had a marathon a few months ago. :laugh:

Last edited:
So...now that, that's settled...LOL...is there anyone who is interviewing this week that has any questions? If so, feel free to post them and the rest of us will try our best to answer...good luck! :)

So...now that, that's settled...LOL...is there anyone who is interviewing this week that has any questions? If so, feel free to post them and the rest of us will try our best to answer...good luck! :)

Ah May is so far away haha! I just want to call Dr. Deyoung and be like "now just say it as it is good or bad" lol. I know you're all going to respond that patience is key. Okay okay :b

Ah May is so far away haha! I just want to call Dr. Deyoung and be like "now just say it as it is good or bad" lol. I know you're all going to respond that patience is key. Okay okay :b

LOL! One of my friends who interviewed back in November got accepted on Friday...So there IS hope!

Notice the timestamp on this reply...yea, 5AM and I still haven't slept because USN is on my mind. LOL! Got class in 3 hours too...yay ochem! :sleep:

Notice the timestamp on this reply...yea, 5AM and I still haven't slept because USN is on my mind. LOL! Got class in 3 hours too...yay ochem! :sleep:

Seriously don't stress so much. I know your stats and your in a good competing stand so get some sleep and don't worry so much. U know I freak out too but we gotta just be confident and know our hard work will pay off :)

I thought that since Lithium is so widely known to cause kidney damage it's barely prescribed these days.

I had to do a presentation on a Top 200 drug and mine was lithium. That would imply that either our list was very wrong or that is it still being used frequently.

Seriously don't stress so much. I know your stats and your in a good competing stand so get some sleep and don't worry so much. U know I freak out too but we gotta just be confident and know our hard work will pay off :)

Thanks. :) I'm not too stressed though. I just find myself thinking about it, then end up staying up doing more research. lol

Good luck to those who are interviewing tomorrow!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Does anyone have any interview tips??

You should do some mock interviews, just to practice things like your delivery, eye contact, word articulation, etc. Remember that how you answer the questions, is just as important as the answer itself. Try your best to have some fun and relax the night before.

Where did you hear that? When did interviews start on? When I called on like the 20th I was told they were more than half way done with interviews and on the website it said interviews would be done at the end of march and the 18th seems to me the end of March...confused lol

Someone on the Hilo thread just got the USN interview invite 3/15. I'm thinking usn would give at least a week or two advance notice. So last interviews must literally be end of march like on the 3oth as diatole mentioned.

I interviewed on 3/2 but didn't get a call. A friend of a friend who interviewed the same day got the one-week-later acceptance.

I have been "browsing" this thread in secret since my interview with USN this past November. I never posted because I was intimidated by everyone's great stats and figured I would not get accepted amongst this type of talent. I am happy to say that I sold myself short and while it too a loooong 4 months, last Friday I received a call from Dr. DeYoung offering me a seat for class of 2013. I am very excited but I wanted to say for those still waiting to hang in there, it ain't over till it's over.

I have been "browsing" this thread in secret since my interview with USN this past November. I never posted because I was intimidated by everyone's great stats and figured I would not get accepted amongst this type of talent. I am happy to say that I sold myself short and while it too a loooong 4 months, last Friday I received a call from Dr. DeYoung offering me a seat for class of 2013. I am very excited but I wanted to say for those still waiting to hang in there, it ain't over till it's over.

Congrats :)

No need to be scared of us!! You're stats must of been great since you were accepted. When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

No need to be scared of us!! You're stats must of been great since you were accepted. When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
Oh no, my stats weren't great. GPA 3.2 and PCAT: Really Bad, like 50
But since this was my second time applying (got denied last year) all my pre-reqs were met, I have my BA and Business and my MBA. I only volunteered for 1 month in a pharmacy but I have worked in health care for over 6 years.
I interviewed back in November so obviously they had to really mull over my pros and cons since I didn't get a call back until 4 months later.