USN class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I truly hope that everyone that wants to go to USN is able to go so that you can see how screwed up that school is for yourself. I am only giving a warning that the school is not what it leads you to believe. I said the test are almost impossible. They are passable if you study all the time, as in when you wake up to when you go to bed. However, a record number of summers are going out for both classes. Those who think that I am an idiot and goes to USN will find out on test number one that the test are not easy. Furthermore, people need to learn the difference between applying for residency and getting a residency. When it comes to getting a residency, USN doesn't have great success or at least that is what I have been told. And everyone is right, I am too busy to waste my time on this board......peace out!!!!

PS Why would I take lorazepam.......that's anti-anxiety. I would have went with lithium or prozac if implying a mental disorder in your statement.

Holy crap! Hard tests in a PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL??!! Shame on them. Tell you what, maybe from now on they can give you the answers before the tests, would that help pookie...hmmm...

If everyone passed every test then it would be too easy. You complain because in order to make the tests passable you have to study all the time, what do you think you are there to do?

Members don't see this ad.

You all are making me feel a bit better now. I hope to apply next cycle - still need OChem 1 and 2 - and that is going to be my make or break for whether this is right for me. I am a non-traditional student and based on the needs of my family and finances, its USN only for me. If I cannot get in the first time, I have to keep applying or go in a different direction. Fortunately, I like the idea of the block system. I have never studied that way, but my husband did for a compressed/accelerated military paramedic course, and he did not have anything bad to say about it.

I have a friend (PhD candidate) who TAs an undergrad class and the stories she tells of students inundating her with emails about "what is going to be on the test" "is the test going to be hard" and swamping her office hours needing to be soothed, etc...are amazing. I guess there are all kinds of students out there...and there are going to be all kinds of students (of course to a lesser extent than undergrad) in a graduate Pharmacy program.

I truly hope that everyone that wants to go to USN is able to go so that you can see how screwed up that school is for yourself. I am only giving a warning that the school is not what it leads you to believe. I said the test are almost impossible. They are passable if you study all the time, as in when you wake up to when you go to bed. However, a record number of summers are going out for both classes. Those who think that I am an idiot and goes to USN will find out on test number one that the test are not easy. Furthermore, people need to learn the difference between applying for residency and getting a residency. When it comes to getting a residency, USN doesn't have great success or at least that is what I have been told. And everyone is right, I am too busy to waste my time on this board......peace out!!!!

PS Why would I take lorazepam.......that's anti-anxiety. I would have went with lithium or prozac if implying a mental disorder in your statement.

I don't doubt that you have to study all the time but that isn't the experience for everyone. It is not uncommon for me to take whole days off. Unless the material is especially voluminous or challenging, I do very little studying on the weekends. One time I stayed up until 12:30 am doing school work but that was because I didn't start my assignment until 11:30. I don't sacrifice sleep and I easily pass all my exams with plenty of room to spare. I realize that my experience isn't that of everyone but then again, I'm not going around on the forums telling everyone that USN is so easy and that 100% of the students are coasting through.

For the future would be students, realize that there are students struggling who study all the time but most people are doing just fine. There are students who are unhappy and post negative posts and there are people who are happy and don't post at all. Not everyone has the same experience so it would be best to try and get a variety of opinions and not take any one post (including mine) as gospel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey hiii ...i also had my interview on 2/16 at the henderson campus...but i am still waiting for the call..hey who took ur interview i mean which professor?
and wat r ur stats...do u have pharmacy background..?

I have BS/MS. My overall GPA (both grad & undergrad combined) is about 3.7, but I applied through academic forgiveness policy. I finished all the science/math prerequisites with a GPA of 4.0. :D I didn’t do well on the PCAT because I didn’t study for it. :mad: I don’t have much experience in pharmacy, but I’ve done some shadowing and have the Pharm Tech certification.
Good luck to you!!!! :luck::xf:

The test are almost impossible but you always pass. lol
I think you fail not only academically but also professionally. Other students don't bash their school just because they're struggling.

Last edited:
I've been to 4 interviews and have not gotten any acceptances yet. I am crossing my fingers for USN. I interviewed in Henderson on March 2.

I am nervous about not getting a call from Dr. Deyoung next week.

After so many waitlist and rejections I am losing all hope and ready to prepare for the PCAT so that I can be competitive next year.

I bought over $500 worth of PCAT materials including MCAT stuff but only got halfway and stopped because I've been wasting my time waiting on getting in. I can't believe its already been nearly a year since the application cycle started! Waiting has really taken a toll .

Congratulation to who already got accepted in USN. For those who still waiting answer from Dr. DeYoung, please be patience and be positive. It is not done until it is done. Last year one of my friend got in to program at very last day.

Hello, I am a P1 student and I wish congratulation to all who already got accepted in USN, I am sure you are very excited to start your career in this profession. If you are looking for housing arrangement in Las Vegas then please let know. I am Indian female and living in house, from next year I will be living in house by my self so I am looking for a female roommate. I am a vegetarian so if you are vegetarian then it would be plus. I have two rooms available for rent with reasonable price. My house is furnished in common area with Sofa, TV, VCD/DVD player, Dining Table etc. The rent will include electricity, Gas, Water, Sewer and garbage Disposal service. You will also get free wireless inter net for no charge. If you are interested then PM me.

A bunch of people who interviewed in early Feb received their acceptance calls, me included.

Haven't received anything in the mail yet tho.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted. Did Dr. DeYoung call your house number or cell number if you listed both (I listed both, but I prefer my cell since I'm think of disconnecting of my house number). Any input?

Nope, hopefully that 702 area code shows up on my caller ID tomorrow! Let's hold happy thoughts! Good luck everyone!

Don't always trust a 702 number lol. I got a text last night for a 702 number about repaying debts...The funny thing is the only person with 702 number that I know of is Dr. DeYoung lol

Last edited:
Gee...no updates anyone? What happened to all the chatter?

For those who got accepted. Did Dr. DeYoung call your house number or cell number if you listed both (I listed both, but I prefer my cell since I'm think of disconnecting of my house number). Any input?

Don't always trust a 702 number lol. I got a text last night for a 702 number about repaying debts...The funny thing is the only person with 702 number that I know of is Dr. DeYoung lol

LOL! Well let's hope we get a call from the 702 number that we're all looking forward to hearing from. hehehe.

Good luck to all who interviewed on March 2 or March 4. I believe calls are made out starting tomorrow.

Remember to make your decisions wisely and don't let anyone sway your opinion. Do your research and feel confident that if you are invited to the interview, the committee believes you can handle the curriculum and that you have demonstrated outstanding achievements.

I know some bad things were said by one annoymous user but this doesn't mean that you will have the same problems with the school.

Good luck and I hope we all get a call tomorrow.

Good luck everybody!! May we all get a call back tomorrow :xf::xf: Good luck to everybody that are going to be interviewed for the last 2 dates. I think there are only 2 more interview dates.

Good luck everybody!! May we all get a call back tomorrow :xf::xf: Good luck to everybody that are going to be interviewed for the last 2 dates. I think there are only 2 more interview dates.
The last interviews will be conducted next week right? Good luck to everyone interviewing next week and waiting for a call!:xf: I hope we'll know our admissions status soon. The wait is unbearable. I need to be patient for now and concentrate on the remaining prereq classes. I can't seem to focus lately.:D

The last interviews will be conducted next week right? Good luck to everyone interviewing next week and waiting for a call!:xf: I hope we'll know our admissions status soon. The wait is unbearable. I need to be patient for now and concentrate on the remaining prereq classes. I can't seem to focus lately.:D

Yea waiting sucks, but you still have to stay focused this quarter/semester, because those grades can still count towards this year's application and can still bump you up the list. So keep your grades up guys!

Yea waiting sucks, but you still have to stay focused this quarter/semester, because those grades can still count towards this year's application and can still bump you up the list. So keep your grades up guys!

Don't remind me....I'm doing horrible on the organic II lecture. Doing well in my english class and calc, but not O. chem. That's why I'm hoping for that call back soon...Got to stay positive though! Good luck everybody :xf::xf:

Don't remind me....I'm doing horrible on the organic II lecture. Doing well in my english class and calc, but not O. chem. That's why I'm hoping for that call back soon...Got to stay positive though! Good luck everybody :xf::xf:

What areas of ochem are you having problems with? I may have some handouts on PDF that might help. My professor makes everything seem pretty easy. PM me.

What areas of ochem are you having problems with? I may have some handouts on PDF that might help. My professor makes everything seem pretty easy. PM me.

PM'd. Thanx for the offer. Any updates anybody?

has anyone heard back from Dr. Deyoung yet??? Ugh the wait is toooooo much!!!!

My interview on 3/4 went really well in my opinion, now im just waiting for that call that will hopefully come:rolleyes:. Now its just up to them, i did my part!

has anyone heard back from Dr. Deyoung yet??? Ugh the wait is toooooo much!!!!

Yea no kidding. :scared: <-----This is how I am every other Tuesday. Try your best to relax though. We do have until May 15th. Save the panicking for that day. hehehe.

I wonder how many seats are going to be available on may 15th hmmmm...

funny, I was expecting some updates.

Has anyone who had a march interview date been offered a seat yet?

Yea the last set of interviews is the 18th. Hope we hear something before May! Guessing they're waiting to make the calls until next weeks interviews are done...

Yea the last set of interviews is the 18th. Hope we hear something before May! Guessing they're waiting to make the calls until next weeks interviews are done...

That blows lol. Oh well no point stressing about this anymore lol. What ever happens, happens. Good luck everybody on the last days of interviews!!

That blows lol. Oh well no point stressing about this anymore lol. What ever happens, happens. Good luck everybody on the last days of interviews!!

Were you waiting for an interview? This is just what I heard I mean anything could happen and I could be wrong so don't lose hope!

this is how I see things going. Please let me know if you feel like its going to be different.

• USN contacts the strongest canididates within 1 week of the interview.
  • If you have not been contacted within about a week of your interview then you must wait until all interviews are done.
  • Once all interviews are done then the majority of seats are already taken. Some people will be contacted to fill up any remaining seats. The remaining candidates will be put on a waitlist.
I think the last interview is March 16. So I think we should all know sometime in April where we stand with respect to the waitlist.
Im not 100% certain things will go down like that, but judging by last year posts this appears to be the case.

Last edited:
DeYoung said they just go down the list and call people with the highest scores first then work there way down.

Is there anyone who interview at USN on January 19, at Henderson campus, who got the call?

this is how I see things going. Please let me know if you feel like its going to be different.

• USN contacts the strongest canididates within 1 week of the interview.
  • If you have not been contacted within about a week of your interview then you must wait until all interviews are done.
  • Once all interviews are done then the majority of seats are already taken. Some people will be contacted to fill up any remaining seats. The remaining candidates will be put on a waitlist.
I think the last interview is March 16. So I think we should all know sometime in April where we stand with respect to the waitlist.
Im not 100% certain things will go down like that, but judging by last year posts this appears to be the case.

I have my interview on the 18th of March, I believe that will be the last interview day, then they make decisions after that.

I heard somewhere (think it was the interview day), that they hold half the seats for students with high scores. The rest get filled after all interviews are done.

When I interviewed on 2/2 the admin said they had filled about 35 or so spots.

Good luck to all!

Hey Peester, thanx for the update...I'm going to apply early next year lol

There are 3 more interview dates coming up. Good luck everyone!

There are 3 more interview dates coming up. Good luck everyone!

Do you happen to know how many seats are available? Both in Nevada and Utah. I think that information would calm a lot of people.