USN EXAMS and Other Queries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gvsk

pharMAFIA!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have this query regarding the USN study material.. How vast is this for each friday test.

I am really getting worried about the 90% as the pass mark. (combined group and individual)

are the questions theoretical and we have to write or type down the answers or are they all multiple choice based.

I only got into USN so thats my only hope. But worried if i can can pass in this system. I do have a very good back ground as have a BS in pharmacy but still would like to know from a student there.

How common is taking summer exams.

Another thing i want to know is If USN only has a once in a 2 week testing system or also have other semester or annual exams.

And I would like to know the amount of breaks or vacations we get during the 3 Yr pharm D course.As far as i knows its a Mon-Thu 8 am -3pm course . I think P1 has only 1 week of holidays.and P2 has 3 months off. Please correct me regarding the holidays in summer, spring and christmas.

Please do reply

Thanking You,
Yours Sincerely,
Sai Krishna Gangavalli.

Members don't see this ad.

Per the info given at the interviews, summer is 12 weeks, 6 weeks for a "experience" and 6 weeks for vacation if no remediation is needed. So my understanding is you can get 6 six off for summer, but if you need to retake any blocks, (didn't pass a Friday test or the Monday make-up) then this is the time that is done, so the amount of time you get off is directly related to your passing.

I think that Friday tests are the only tests, but I could be wrong.

Good Luck and see ya all in August

thans ms turtle.. now can any on epls asnwer the rest.. it wil lbe very helpful for all the USNers

Members don't see this ad :)
I have this query regarding the USN study material.. How vast is this for each friday test.

I am really getting worried about the 90% as the pass mark. (combined group and individual)

are the questions theoretical and we have to write or type down the answers or are they all multiple choice based.

this is what I understand (from the interview day)

the assessment tests are 60 multiple choice questions

Another thing i want to know is If USN only has a once in a 2 week testing system or also have other semester or annual exams.

there are daily quizzes and one annual exam

Email or call Dr. DeYoung, I'm sure he'll be able to answer your questions/concerns.

i got this email from one user

All tests expect for calculations are multiple choice. Like I stated eariler, the difficulty of the assessment vary...some exam only 5 people have to take over and others it is more like 50-60. I have not had to take over any tests yet this far. I go to class everyday and study on the weekends mainly. I am very involved with student organizations on campus aand have a family and yet I manage. Yes, USN does have an active student life in regards to clubs and events (not so sure about South Jordan, but Henderson sure does).

I don't know how many people have to go to summer remediaition, I know that there are some though.

USN has the block system not semesters so you basically test every 2 weeks only.

i got this email from one user

All tests expect for calculations are multiple choice. Like I stated eariler, the difficulty of the assessment vary...some exam only 5 people have to take over and others it is more like 50-60. I have not had to take over any tests yet this far. I go to class everyday and study on the weekends mainly. I am very involved with student organizations on campus aand have a family and yet I manage. Yes, USN does have an active student life in regards to clubs and events (not so sure about South Jordan, but Henderson sure does).

I don't know how many people have to go to summer remediaition, I know that there are some though.

USN has the block system not semesters so you basically test every 2 weeks only.

thanks