USUHS acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laker Fan

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my conditional acceptance to USUHS! Before I interviewed at the school, USUHS was probably my last choice school. But having visited the campus, students, and faculty, USUHS is now one of my top choices. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Everyone there was so nice and the thought of not having to live in poverty while going to school would be nice for my family. While the commitment may seem long, all the USUHS grads I've talked to have enjoyed their experience.

Members don't see this ad.

That is Grrrrrrreat! Congrats! Don't worry abt commitment. I heard from a fridend's mom who went to USUHS and now a practicing physician that it is not true that they send you off to hospitals in the middle of nowhere. Anyways, I am so happy for you and good luck at USUHS. :) :)

That's great if that's what you want to do and you really should be proud of both getting in and serving your country...but it's not for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Laker fan: when was your interview??

Laker Fan,

Do you have a history with the military? I'm a military brat, and will not deny that the military world is quite different from the civilian world. My father was enlisted, though, so, as an officer, you will probably not find the adjustment too great. I always envied officer housing! :)

I was told that they were going to interview me last year, but they wanted a more impressive set of MCAT scores. I've delivered that and am eagerly waiting for an invitation. Perhaps we'll both be there.

My father is psycho about me attending that school. He finds the officer title more impressive than the MD title. :rolleyes:

Doh! I'm such a tool! I forgot to say congrats. Well, CONGRATS!!!

Cool beans!

Thanks for the encouragement. Swampman, about the MCAT score, I got accepted before they even got my August scores. I was given an interview with an MCAT of 27 from April. August came back with better results, a 31, but I think the interview was what got me in. It was really really laid back and low stress. We just talked for 45 minutes about life, it was great.

I have no military experience and I have several friends there right now, 3 that never had any military background, and they all love it. I stayed with them when I had my interview on the 11th of October. Good luck to all!