You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
JiveyJr47
New Member
The urge to just email this meme directly to Dr. Holt with no context.View attachment 385889
Me staring at my email waiting for USUHS to send me an A and take me out of waitlist purgatory
App2324
Full Member
LMFAO you read my mindThe urge to just email this meme directly to Dr. Holt with no context.
Also btw my breakfast for the whole thread thing is still on the table.
Hoping today’s the day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CarolinaBeach
New Member
Just accepted my Army offer! Super excited! Thinking of everyone else on the waiting list! If there’s a group chat or a Facebook, I’d love to be added
Congrats, did you get the A off the WL today?Just accepted my Army offer! Super excited! Thinking of everyone else on the waiting list! If there’s a group chat or a Facebook, I’d love to be added
CarolinaBeach
New Member
Thank you! I actually got the email on Friday around 1:30. But yes off the waitlist. I interviewed 11/27 and got on the waitlist mid March.Congrats, did you get the A off the WL today?
Okay, thank you for the follow up. Again, congratulations!!Thank you! I actually got the email on Friday around 1:30. But yes off the waitlist. I interviewed 11/27 and got on the waitlist mid March.
Human_Stimpak
Full Member
not yet... hope they send them out before the weekendAnyone getting any movement yet?
USUHSforrent
New Member
Hey Friends, bumping this post from March and probably will once a month until I find a tenant 😁
Hey Everyone! I am a current fourth year looking for someone (or two people) to rent out my furnished 2 bed 2 bath 12 min north of the hospital. If you’re interested let me know and congrats to everyone applying/waitlisted/accepted!
Hey Everyone! I am a current fourth year looking for someone (or two people) to rent out my furnished 2 bed 2 bath 12 min north of the hospital. If you’re interested let me know and congrats to everyone applying/waitlisted/accepted!
Just got an A email about an hour ago for AF! II last Oct, WL in Nov, then got my medical clearance a little more than a week ago. It was a lot of unexpected work getting everything figured out medically but totally worth it. Good luck to everyone else waiting, I am sure you all are more than deserving!
Ihatemedreddit
New Member
Army A. Interviewed in January. Waitlisted March. When should I expect to do OCS? Also wheres the link for the chat?
Withdrew from WL, hoping it helps. Best of luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Human_Stimpak
Full Member
What branch from if you don’t me asking, good luck on your journey!Withdrew from WL, hoping it helps. Best of luck everyone!
Navy and thank you!What branch from if you don’t me asking, good luck on your journey!
Human_Stimpak
Full Member
App2324
Full Member
Me fr… this waiting got me dying
Dr Questionable
New Member
Conditional acceptance on April 22nd for the Army here. Could somebody add me to the the group chat?
Also, I'm looking to live across the river in the Virginia area if possible. I know some people do this, but to park on campus we would need to carpool. Is there a group of people that carpool from that area?
Also, I'm looking to live across the river in the Virginia area if possible. I know some people do this, but to park on campus we would need to carpool. Is there a group of people that carpool from that area?
App2324
Full Member
Spoke to an admissions advisor this morning-- They only started getting notifications on movement off of the waitlist from the CTE date (April 30th) as of Yesterday. The advisor said, and I quote, "I am unsure if decisions will go out today, but there has been many declinations from accepted applicants all week." Keep your hopes up, good news could be waiting for you as soon as COB today.
Human_Stimpak
Full Member
You’re doing the Lord’s work! Hahaha thanks for the update!!!Spoke to an admissions advisor this morning-- They only started getting notifications on movement off of the waitlist from the CTE date (April 30th) as of Yesterday. The advisor said, and I quote, "I am unsure if decisions will go out today, but there has been many declinations from accepted applicants all week." Keep your hopes up, good news could be waiting for you as soon as COB today.
Chickenricky
New Member
Interviewed 1/23, WL 3/28, Received conditional A on 5/1, Unconditional on 5/10 for Army.
The waiting game is BRUTAL but I’m looking forward to meeting y'all in the fall! Good luck to everyone still in limbo - you’ve got this!!
The waiting game is BRUTAL but I’m looking forward to meeting y'all in the fall! Good luck to everyone still in limbo - you’ve got this!!
Last edited:
Hi all, I got waitlisted on 11/30, conditional acceptance 5/1, and received my unconditional acceptance for the Air Force on 5/3!! I was wondering if there is an accepted students group that I could be added to for info about COT, housing, etc!!
This is my first acceptance of the cycle so I’m super relieved to not have to reapply. To those still waiting, I’m hoping and praying for you to get some good news very soon <3
This is my first acceptance of the cycle so I’m super relieved to not have to reapply. To those still waiting, I’m hoping and praying for you to get some good news very soon <3
bielbenken
New Member
Hello, Not to copycat @asherykim , but I also got waitlisted (February), conditional acceptance 5/1, and received my unconditional acceptance for the Air Force on 5/3 🙂 I too am hoping to be added to accepted students group for info about COT, housing, other details!
This might be reaching a bit to far but could anyone who's in the accepted student group share how many members there are? I am trying to get an idea of how much more WL movement there might be because I hold an offer from another school that has certain deadlines but I'd like to hold my WL at USUHS as long as possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kermitiv
Full Member
the group me i am in has 69 people, i dont know if thats the one that everyone is being added to or notThis might be reaching a bit to far but could anyone who's in the accepted student group share how many members there are? I am trying to get an idea of how much more WL movement there might be because I hold an offer from another school that has certain deadlines but I'd like to hold my WL at USUHS as long as possible.
App2324
Full Member
That’s promising. Probably not everyone, but definitely better than what I was expecting.the group me i am in has 69 people, i dont know if thats the one that everyone is being added to or not
Yeah Im sure thats only a subset but thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate it!the group me i am in has 69 people, i dont know if thats the one that everyone is being added to or not
DaBossHawg
New Member
69This might be reaching a bit to far but could anyone who's in the accepted student group share how many members there are? I am trying to get an idea of how much more WL movement there might be because I hold an offer from another school that has certain deadlines but I'd like to hold my WL at USUHS as long as possible.
ShakespeareDoc28
New Member
Could I get added to that group chat? I got my acceptance a few weeks ago (posted when I got it).the group me i am in has 69 people, i dont know if thats the one that everyone is being added to or not
I also would like to be added if possible. Thanks!the group me i am in has 69 people, i dont know if thats the one that everyone is being added to or not
App2324
Full Member
Now it's 71I also would like to be added if possible. Thanks!
kermitiv
Full Member
this is the one i have been waiting forView attachment 386392
AAAAAAAAAAA
kermitiv
Full Member
someone get this man in the groupchat stat!!View attachment 386392
AAAAAAAAAAA
JiveyJr47
New Member
Lets gooooo! Most deserved A no questionView attachment 386392
AAAAAAAAAAA
From what I understand they go by branch for the most part. If they are getting to the point where WL movement is slowing down and they don’t expect much more movement they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re at the top of the WL but no Navy spots are open. They want you to get the branch of service that you chose originally if at all possible so idk if I’d switch preference unless you really don’t care which branch between Army or Navy.Anyone know if the waitlists are separated by branch or if everyone is in one pool? I put Navy first and Army second but am wondering if I should switch up the order of my branch preferences.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Human_Stimpak
Full Member
How do you know that no navy spots are open… someone just got off of it this morningFrom what I understand they go by branch for the most part. If they are getting to the point where WL movement is slowing down and they don’t expect much more movement they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re at the top of the WL but no Navy spots are open. They want you to get the branch of service that you chose originally if at all possible so idk if I’d switch preference unless you really don’t care which branch between Army or Navy.
I’m not saying there aren’t spots open in any particular branch I have no idea what they have open right now or what WL may look like in the coming weeks. I’m just saying that they tend to accept by your chosen branch until near the end of overall WL movement at which point they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re highly ranked on the WL but no spot is open in your top branch choice. This is just my understanding from talking to some faculty and previous applicants. Hoping you all see some good movement soon 😊How do you know that no navy spots are open… someone just got off of it this morning
Looks like there's been a handful since April 30th...not as many as I expected although it could be that people are getting A's but just aren't active on SDN. Hopefully we'll see some more movement soon!Has anyone here gotten off the waitlist for army recently? Keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed [emoji1317]
kermitiv
Full Member
i will say that i have reached out to Dr. Holt about other things and i found her to be irresponsive , i would have to send a follow up email a week after my initial and sometimes additional ones after that. still waiting on an answer about a question i asked about two weeks agoHas anyone reached out to Dr. Holt directly via email and received any sort of meaninful update on their watilist position? I dont want to annoy her but it would be nice to have an update on how it is moving along/ where I am.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 444
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 629
- Views
- 161K
- Replies
- 515
- Views
- 137K