USUHS Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a letter from USUHS of unconditional acceptance? And if so, does it come with housing information or anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey phil413ru,
I know you weren't slighing SC (Signal Corps for non-mil folks. . .communications stuff), but I thought I'd drop a line (my first on SDN!) to say SC is a rockin' good time and, in fact, it can make for good med app content (assuming you have other relevant med experience, course work, etc, of course).

The short story is: senior year of college, after completing the med app process I decided I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to be an MD. So I diverted into SC (Air Force, though) and dove in. Three years and 2 sand-chewing desert tours later, I'm now in the end game for matriculation in med school in Fall 03.

Bottom line: you'll do well with either path; best of luck in any case.

-Blue Skies

. . .now back to my post-deployment R&R!

Blueskies-

I am glad you are happy in SC! I don't think there is anything wrong with it--it is just not my first choice ( I want to be a doc). But, if I didn't go into medical school, I would be happy with SC for my current 4 year obligation.
However, if I am doc, I definately want to do a career! Military medicine is phenomenal. My #1 is USUHS, but if not that, then I will be going to either Western or Lake Erie with HPSP.
Good luck--hope to see you in the fall!

Oh, and for all you awaiting results on physical--be patient and MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING! I definately understand frustration---I had to go through the same thing with DODMERB when I was contracting as a ROTC cadet. (And I get to go through it all over again now) :) Eventually, it will come to pass. Best wishes on all.

Ps--Anyone here interview 14 November?

Go Army ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting for my unconditional, and I'm running out of patience! It's been almost 3 weeks now since I got my physical qualification.

Caffeinated,

I notice that you're a military OD. I am planning to pursue the OD route and hope to make a career practicing in the military (I am a military spouse and I love the military lifestyle). I was just wondering if you could share your experiences with me and why you decided to leave optometry and go to medical school. (Surgery is not my thing, but I like optics, which is why I am pursuing optometry.) However, I am still debating whether or not to take the MCAT in April. Feel free to PM or email me. Thanks!

Good luck with medical school. :)

hey everyone i need some help...

can i use the dodmerb physical for hpsp? does the dodmerb physical include DD Form 2807-1 Aug 2001?

I'd prefer to do just one physical, I don't understand why i need to do two since in the end we are all going to be under the same military.

j-

Hey Johnstoner,
Sorry to disappoint you but you cant. I asked several different people several different times and they all said I couldnt so I ended up having to do both. The HPSP physical is worse too because you are with mainly high school kids and it's a group physical for the most part (except when you drop you pants and bend over.......hehe). Plus, I had to be there at 0530 too. Have fun!

Jetson

jet...

you didn't get the "red carpet" treatment?

stoner

Nope, not at the HPSP physical atleast............I was like the rest of them even though the admin there knew I was an officer applicant. The USUHS physical was alot better and was not a "group" effort.

Jetson

johnstoner,

Being a 2nd lt in the Armed Forces does not entitle anyone to the red carpet treatment. As a matter of fact, most active duty refer to 2nd lts as "butter bars." But don't give up hope. By the time you're out of school and an active capt, you will be given more respect.

Neither of the physicals is a pleasant experience. Just go with it. There are many situations in the military that you'll just have to do regardless of personal comfort. But the majority of life is quite fun... where else can you play with firearms and heal patients in the same day?

Cyndi;)

I just got my acceptance and am bouncing off the walls - pretty bad cause now i have to sit through two exams tonight and can't finish studying. I was just wondering - the form that you fill in to send back (the one due in two weeks) - is that just to hold your place or is that an official "i'm committed" letter. I just want to make sure before i mail it.

Congrats ABW, I knew you would get in(what branch did you get?)! As for the letter you have to return, I'm not sure either, I'm pretty sure it's just to hold a spot in the class.

Jetson

Congrats! :clap: :clap: :clap: I can't wait for my unconditional!

Members don't see this ad :)
:clap: CONGRATS:clap: ABW. GOOD LUCK ON THE SCHOOL YEAR AND HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE NEXT FALL. :clap:

Hey ABW,
When did you interview?
COngrats!
M

Originally posted by abw
I just got my acceptance and am bouncing off the walls - pretty bad cause now i have to sit through two exams tonight and can't finish studying. I was just wondering - the form that you fill in to send back (the one due in two weeks) - is that just to hold your place or is that an official "i'm committed" letter. I just want to make sure before i mail it.

Hey!
Thanks everyone! Jetson, I got into the navy - it was my first choice. Megan, I interviewed October 10th - it's been a really long wait. I can't wait til next year! This is so exciting!

Congrats ABW!!!

Hopefully, I'll be seeing you there next year. Too bad you're doing Navy......GO ARMY!!! (Just kidding)

UCLA Paratrooper

Army? Navy? GO AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!!

Jetson

I knew you'd make it, Alli!! Why the !@*? didn't you PM me? :) Anyway, congrats, you rock!

~Alison (GO USAF)

ABW,

Hey, sorry about your luck with Navy. Oops, I mean CONGRATULATIONS! That's great! See you in the fall!

Caff

Congrats abw! Navy has the coolest uniforms... I'm sure you'll really enjoy USUHS if you decide to go.

Off the subject, has anyone who interviewed in late Nov/early Dec received any news?

Cyndi

I was accepted at USUHS today (Air Force)! I interviewed on November 7 and received my conditional acceptance letter December 21 (roughly six weeks).

Hopefully everyone else who interviewed around that time will receive good news soon!

Originally posted by Jfox02
I was accepted at USUHS today (Air Force)! I interviewed on November 7 and received my conditional acceptance letter December 21 (roughly six weeks).

Hopefully everyone else who interviewed around that time will receive good news soon!

Congrats, JFox02!!! I look forward to meeting you in the fall! Enjoy your Christmas!

BTW, Go Army! (I had to fit that in somewhere....)

Congrats!!!!!

Thick or thin envelope?

UCLA Paratrooper

Originally posted by Jfox02

Congrats JFox!!!

UCLAParatrooper -letters come in a thin envelope - so don't worry when you open your mail!

I've got a few questions for everyone who's been accepted already (If you can't tell, I really want to do his but am unbelievably paranoid about the decision):

First off, how many of you guys know you're definitely going to usuhs next year with your acceptance - and do you all have military experience??

Secondly, have you all contacted your guide from the first year class? I tried to email the girl who wrote to me but it was the wrong email addy - i guess i'll call afte the holidays.

Third, I'm nervous about the whole unconditional/conditional acceptance. Someone previously posted that you get your unconditional acceptance after your physical checks out - but what if somewhere down the line after you've withdrawn from all other schools they find you don't clear the security part (for some odd reason) do they kick you out and leave you stranded?

Finally, this may be silly, but when you're in the military and get moved around (including moved overseas) are you allowed to bring pets with you? I understand I'm not gonna bring my cat on a boat, but if they move my whole family to italy, can I bring the cat with me? Just wondering . . .

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna do USUHS or U of MD.

Hi. I interviewed Nov 14. I do not know if I have received an acceptance yet--I have been at my parents since 20 Dec and will not be at my mailing address until 6 Jan. However, in reference to abw's post. . .

If I get accepted, I definately will go to USUHS. I have one and a half years National Guard experience in addition to Undergrad ROTC. IT's not much--but it has given me enough exposure so that I know clearly what I am getting into,. . . and I look forward to it. The military is a wonderful place to practive medicine!

I believe you can braing pets with a permanent change of duty station. My sponsor for an Army AMEDIPP internship brought his dog with him. He (the sponsor) had been in military five years, and his family has traveled with him to duty station changes.

As for the physical/security clearence,. . .first the physical. Once they clear you and accept you, most likely you will not be disqualified except if in Army and you do not make Height/weight. (Army is the most strict of any branches on this policy). Security wise. . .as long as you have a clean record, you will probably pass. The security clearence can take up to a year. I had to get one done for ROTC commissioning, and it is a pain. Most likely, since they have already offered acceptance, you will be cleared. I have heard from some med students that first year med students are still trying to finalize security clearence.

Fortunately, I have been accepted at one of my top-choice DO schools. I will hold onto this acceptance until I get a full clearence from USUHS. (I also will have HPSP at other school). If you have this opportunity, you may want to do. I do not know about USUHS, but I know in ROTC, some students were promised scholarships, but never received it due to various reason albiet academic, physical, fitness test, etc. Thus, as difficult as Med school is to get into, if you have other acceptances, I would hold onto one until you get final unconditional acceptance.

kaos-

I would think long and hear about whether or not you waqnt to be in th military. Before looking at Med schools, I would make the military service/no military service the first and greatest priority. Second, I would think about how long you want to stay in the military. If you are the least bit unsure, I would go with U of MD. You will still be in the military (you were doing HPSP? ) but not as great a committment. If you are committed, USUHS is a perfect opportunity. It is an awesome medical school and will form you into an excellent military officer, and military physician.

Best luck!

-Maybe I'll see all of you next year! I'm crossing my fingers and looking anxiously toward Jan when IU am expecting to hear back yeah/nay.

Go Army!!!!!

phil13ru,
thanks so much for your response! I'm still working on trying to find out more about the military lifestyle so I have a greater sense of knowing what I'd be getting myself into! I've seen you over on the d.o. forum - congrats on your first choice (was it l.e. com?) I've been really struggling to make a decision because nova is an amazing school. I actually put down the first deposit bc I didn't feel I could make a decision yet. either way I feel both are great schools, so I don't think I could go wrong. as for the security clearance, the only thing i'm worried about is that i did a study abroad semester where I went through europe, africa and the mid-east and somebody (who isn't an authority on the matter) told me that i might run into a problem with russia/morocco/egypt/turkey. All the best of luck to you with everything!! I'm sure you'll get an acceptance really soon!

kaos,
good luck with your decision too! and congrats on maryland!

Hi all! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday!

abw- I'm applying to USUHS this year. I interviewed on 5 Dec, so I still haven't heard any news. But, I am active duty AF. If you have any lifestyle questions, feel free to pm me or post them. I'll be glad to give you my opinion. I have been accepted elsewhere, but I would go to USUHS if given the opportunity. I have two dogs that travel with me and my family to permanent change of duty stations. In the AF if you're single, you are required to live in a dorm for a few months prior to moving off base. After that, you may have pets. Don't worry about the security clearance... I will take at least a year to accomplish, and unless you've committed a serious crime or falsified info on DOD forms, you'll be granted a clearance.

kaos- the AF is a wonderful service. But I agree with phil. You must carefully consider whether or not you are committed to a military lifestyle. For the most part, serving in the AF is similar to being a civilian. But one always is aware that the government has ultimate authority. They decide where you will live, when and where you will be deployed, and the amount of income you will receive. But I love serving my country and would gladly relinquish control of my career to give to a greater cause.

phil- hope you hear good news soon! I look forward to serving with you in the future...

Cyndi

Thanks for the advice guys.

After reading the thread about the military in the financial aid forum, I got a bit leery about joining. The things that people who are now going thru the process are saying is, as I understand it, that u either have really little choice about ur residency unless you're lucky because the AF will dictate what they want you to do, and that they feel like they're stuck doing things that they weren't trained for, ex: seeing people about colds, soreness, etc. if they are supposed to be surgeons. That made me a bit worried and now I'm thinking twice about joining. I don't want to be practicing something I don't really want to do. Sure, patriotism, love of country, service--those are all good things, but I want to serve doing what I want to do.

Also, I got the feeling that I'm going to have to also follow a military component. I'm thinking about doing flight training (helicopter, fighter, whatever). Sounds fun and useful at the same time.

Any input?

I used to be in the Army but not as a physician, but have seen first hand military doctors working on my husband (injured in Afghanistan). This was done at Walter Reed and they were amazing, all of the branches seemed to be represented there and I have no idea what each doc belonged to, but it did not matter. They did amazing things and put my hubby back together, also at Landshtul (sp?) Germany, I think that is a Army hospital, they were awesome. My husband was brought to Germany right after the incident and again, the docs there were great. The surgeons that operated on him were ortho and vascular and they were very happy to be there and doing their job. Yes, you can be called to duty and may end up in some MASH that is close to a war zone, so for sure make sure that you are aware of that possibility. But, you will get to help and operate on those that are serving. It is not for everyone, and you should never join for the mula, specially now, where we will be going to war sooner than later....

Originally posted by kaos
Thanks for the advice guys.

After reading the thread about the military in the financial aid forum, I got a bit leery about joining. The things that people who are now going thru the process are saying is, as I understand it, that u either have really little choice about ur residency unless you're lucky because the AF will dictate what they want you to do, and that they feel like they're stuck doing things that they weren't trained for, ex: seeing people about colds, soreness, etc. if they are supposed to be surgeons. That made me a bit worried and now I'm thinking twice about joining. I don't want to be practicing something I don't really want to do. Sure, patriotism, love of country, service--those are all good things, but I want to serve doing what I want to do.

Also, I got the feeling that I'm going to have to also follow a military component. I'm thinking about doing flight training (helicopter, fighter, whatever). Sounds fun and useful at the same time.

Any input?

Kaos,

I am an optometrist at Walter Reed, and I have been conditionally accepted at USUHS (just down the street from me!). Send me a PM if you have any specific questions/concerns. I have been on active duty for over 2 years (3 months at OBC, the rest of it at Walter Reed).

Hi- I'm "republicandr's wife", as it were. But we are going through the should we shouldn't we struggle that I see some others are going through. We think that going to USUHS would be a commitment to be "lifers", as it were. My husband has been accepted to our state school, where he'd just take loans and perhaps FAP it later on. But lately the pendulum seems to swing back to the military route. We live in WA state and so a move across country is icky, especially with 3 kids :( but a medical career probably will involve a few moves, even in the civilian sector.

Anyway, I've found it helpful to realize that the posters that are super-negative toward military represent a small portion of the population, even if they make it sound like "everyone" just regrets their decision to sign up and can't wait to get out. Ultimately, if you research everything fully and understand as much as possible what you're getting into, at least you won't feel "tricked" as many bitter people do.

To help make the decision, my husband's going to go to Madigan, which is the nearest Army base/medical center, and will talk to people there and get a feel for it. As civilians, it is hard to understand a military career. Does anyone out there have any observations as to what kind of person really enjoys military? Are there any special characteristics or personalities?

Anyway, I think that since many of you are taking it seriously and considering and reconsidering, whatever decision is made in the end will at least be well-thought out and you'll have prevented the common mistake of just signing up for HPSP (or USUHS) because the recruiter made it sound like medical heaven!

BTW, if anyone is interested in doing fellowships, I found it neat to know that in the Army at least if you do a fellowship chances are you'll end up practicing at a large medical center, and as a rule, those places are very nice and don't have many of the typical problems found in other military medical clinics (such as shortage of docs...) Plus, if you're a lifer, incurring an extra commitment through a fellowship is no big deal...

Anyway, keep on commenting! I find it very helpful to read different thoughts and perspectives out there on this big decision!

Has anyone received "unconditional" acceptance yet? If so, how long following receipt of your letter from DODMERB saying you were qualified?

Nope, still waiting.

Hi, I think there are different types of personalities that enjoy the Army but in general you have to be very open to change. I am not so sure about Army physicians for they may remain longer at the same duty station than other soldiers. My family moved every four years to another post and this included an overseas duty in Germany. Right now we have been at the same post for over five years (but this could be due to his new job). Your children will either love it or hate it, depending on how attached they become to their friends. The one thing is that you have to be ready for wherever the Army may send you regardless of the location. Physicians can go anywhere where there is a hospital so you will have lots of locations that you can potentially go to. Also, remember that he may deploy somewhere and your family will not be able to go with him. This could be a short deployment (3-6 months) or maybe some unaccompanied tour like some areas of Korea, etc. We really love the Army and all that it has to offer but it can get tough, and you have to be able to run things alone if he deploys. Right now with the current situations you have to be prepared for anything, meaning a possible war on two fronts. If your husband really want to join the Army for everything, not just the free ride to medical school, then he will probably not regret his decision. I fear that some folks (not to say it is anyone here on SDN) really do not know what it could entail, ie going to war and possibly seeing a lot of injuries, or God forbid, yourself getting injured. The bottom line is that it is a great way of life if you enjoy moving around and going to combat, ultimately you are a soldier regardless of what job you do....

RepublicanDr, wife, and all others,

Great post, wife of republicandr. You are absolutely right--this should be a decision that you don't jump into lightly, especially considering the payback. I also agree that recruiters can be hard to trust. In fact, most of the time when someone in the military starts a sentence with "My recruiter told me..." it usually ends up being a story about how they were lied to! I have been through the whole recruitment deal, and I know how frustrating it can be.

Let me give you some insights into the military medical lifestyle (I am an optometrist at Walter Reed, so I think I have a pretty good frame of reference for this). Yes, there are some paperwork hassles (both personal and in dealing with patients). However, insurance and medical malpractice don't keep your hands tied. Of course you have to be prudent, efficient, and give the best care possible, and there are consequences for screwing up. However, you don't have to deal with the non-sense that an insurance-driven and litigious patient base gives. You never seem to run out of patients, so there is some job security in that.

So what kind of person does well in a military environment? Well, I can tell you that I was probably the least likely to join the military, let alone consider making it a career. There is a mentality among the civilian community that the military brainwashes you and steals your identity and individuality. This is not true. Yes, the military works better when people are mission-focused and willing to make sacrifices for their team, their unit, their fellow soldiers, and their Country. But this rough-and-tumble mentality is not as prevalent among the medical community. Sure, you have to be tough. But then again, you have to be tough to be a physician anywhere (military or civilian).

Here are the benefits that I consider most important:

1. Guaranteed salary. You won't be a millionaire, but you can live decently and take care of your family.

2. Health care. It's one of the biggest benefits in the service. If you have a medical concern, cost and copay is the furthest thing from your mind. Plus, if you go to USUHS, you get to know the people that will be taking care of you and your family in the future.

3. Practice environment is stable. Like I said before, you are not dealing with rising malpractice premiums and decreasing insurance reimbursements while serving as a slave to your student debt. Plus, as a resident you make a decent salary (more than your civilian counterparts).

Here are the things you need to consider in a military career that you won't encounter in a civilian career (not necessarily drawbacks, if you have the right attitude):

1. Frequent moves. The frequency can depend upon different circumstances. In optometry, you typically get moved after 3-4 years. However, at Walter Reed there are some specialists that have been there for most of their career. If you look at this a different way, some of the places that you could end up include Hawaii, Germany, Japan, etc. Is civilian life going to give you the opportunity to pursue this kind of travelling?

2. Unaccompanied tours. There may be times when you are asked to go somewhere without your family, the most common example being a one year tour in Korea.

3. Risk of deployment. This happens to doctors, too. It could involve Kosovo, Bosnia, Afghanistan, etc. The likelihood of a doctor heading out with an M16 to get the enemy is very unlikely. But you still have to consider the risk of deployment and the impact on your family.

The bottom line: military life is not utopia. But with the right attitude of caring and service to Country, it can be a rewarding experience. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by republicandr
Hi- I'm "republicandr's wife", as it were. But we are going through the should we shouldn't we struggle that I see some others are going through. We think that going to USUHS would be a commitment to be "lifers", as it were. My husband has been accepted to our state school, where he'd just take loans and perhaps FAP it later on. But lately the pendulum seems to swing back to the military route. We live in WA state and so a move across country is icky, especially with 3 kids :( but a medical career probably will involve a few moves, even in the civilian sector.

Anyway, I've found it helpful to realize that the posters that are super-negative toward military represent a small portion of the population, even if they make it sound like "everyone" just regrets their decision to sign up and can't wait to get out. Ultimately, if you research everything fully and understand as much as possible what you're getting into, at least you won't feel "tricked" as many bitter people do.

To help make the decision, my husband's going to go to Madigan, which is the nearest Army base/medical center, and will talk to people there and get a feel for it. As civilians, it is hard to understand a military career. Does anyone out there have any observations as to what kind of person really enjoys military? Are there any special characteristics or personalities?

Anyway, I think that since many of you are taking it seriously and considering and reconsidering, whatever decision is made in the end will at least be well-thought out and you'll have prevented the common mistake of just signing up for HPSP (or USUHS) because the recruiter made it sound like medical heaven!

BTW, if anyone is interested in doing fellowships, I found it neat to know that in the Army at least if you do a fellowship chances are you'll end up practicing at a large medical center, and as a rule, those places are very nice and don't have many of the typical problems found in other military medical clinics (such as shortage of docs...) Plus, if you're a lifer, incurring an extra commitment through a fellowship is no big deal...

Anyway, keep on commenting! I find it very helpful to read different thoughts and perspectives out there on this big decision!

For those who will be attending USUHS as an Air Force Officer, here is an excellent source of information directly from the Air Force Medical Service:

http://afas.afpc.randolph.af.mil/medical/mc/mc frames page.htm

It includes, among other things, an Orientation Guide for Medical Officers, Pay Rates (to include bonuses), and where Surgeons, Internists, and other specialities can be stationed.

Hi all- this is the wife of republicandr again. Should probably get my own handle but then we'd have to sign on, sign off... Sigh... Anyway, thanks for the input on "personality types". at this time I am finding it exceedingly comical that some of my relatives say that military can be fine for some people, but they could never deal with the loss of freedom... What? What kind of freedom do we have without the military?

In spite of my family, which is heavily pushing for the civilian route, I think that my husband may in fact be swinging back towards military simply because he has always felt called to serve. Since he was in 1st grade, in fact. So, I don't know if that feeling just wears off once you're in the system, but goodness knows he's doing enough research on this to make the best decision possible.

As far as moving around, I've heard from several "military brats" how much they loved moving around as a kid. The new places, new opportunities, etc. were really fun and enriching. They didn't feel locked in to work/live/settle in one geographic location because "the world was their home". Anyway, a good friend of mine was a military brat and moved around a lot until 10th grade, when her dad retired! With a sweet pension and time to start an espresso bean roasting business and other ventures. Meanwhile, my dad in the civilian sector working as an ER doc, and actually about 5 years older than my friend's dad, was working at least 18 shifts a month, and each shift typically ran about 16 hours, where about 2-4 were spent on purely administrative tasks. I am not naive as to the administrative garbage the civilian docs deal with, and so have pretty much knocked that concern off of our list because being a doc in military or civilian, you're gonna have to do administrative stuff and lots of it.

Anyway, we'll see how it all turns out! And since JFOX posted a link to Air Force stuff, I'll post a link to the Army site that shows where all (or perhaps just some) of the Army medical clinics and larger medical centers are - this has been a helpful link to us:

http://www.armymedicine.army.mil/armymed/default2.htm

Wife of republicandr (can I just call you "wifedr"?),

It sounds like you both have your minds nearly made up! Hey, I know what you are dealing with regarding family pressure. There is some limited loss of "freedom" in that you can't just up and decide to move somewhere else or cancel all of your patients and jet off to Europe for a 3 month vacation. But then again, how many civilians do that? At the end of the day, it's going to be you and your husband. The rest of the family is important too, but your #1 concern should be each other and your children. The rest of the family will learn to live with your decision (and may come to respect and admire it).

If you decide to go military (and it looks about 99% chance I will go to USUHS) you already have a friend in this area. My wife and I are both republicans too! If you think you might want to talk one on one, send me a PM and we can make arrangements to chat online or talk over the phone.

Thanks Caffeinated- I probably will pm you (and your wife) after we make up our final decision. But it will probably by USUHS, after all! My family will deal with it. It just means more frequent flyer miles for them! Has your wife ever checked out the medical spouses forum- I like that one, too. Good info for military medical spouses, also.

It's at: www.medicalspouse.com/forum

Anyway- thanks for your information!

"wifedr"

No problem, wifedr. Keep us posted.

Hey everyone!
I talked to my sponsor from USUHS yesterday! She was so nice, and answered a lot of questions for me. As long as I get through the physical clearance, I'm there next year! I was wondering if there was any way I could get to see the agreement that we sign before march (when do they send it to us?) The deposit for my other acceptance is pretty hefty and non-refundable, and my prof. suggested I read the agreement with a lawyer before agreeing just to make sure I understand everything. How's it goin for everyone else?

by the way - where are all the navy people??

Republicandr--
I would PM you, but see no link. You mentioned interest in USUHS or civilian route (via HPSP???) I live in Tacoma, and hopefully will be going to USUHS. (No word yet). However, the Army HPSP recruiter in Seatte is able to arrange shadowing with Madigan Army Docs for applicants. Let me know if interested, and I can send you info. One of the Army Docs I worked with this past summer was from WA--he went to Evergreen and then to USUHS.
Let me know if you are for sure going to USUHS--I also will have to move all across country. (Even if not USUHS, WA is not home state, so going out east for DO school in PA).

PM me if you would like info or email. (I would answer email quicker).

Good luck!

Go ARMY!! Hoooah!;)

just getting antsy... has anyone that interviewed in late nov/early dec heard any news? i am just going nuts waiting.

i just submitted my app for the hpsp for azcom, but i would really prefer to go to usuhs if they would just let me in. any of you guys accepted with an af spot going to withdraw your acceptance?

i hope all of you are doing well. good luck for the rest of the application cycle. anyone who comes this far in the app process deserves good news!

cyndi

I'm in the same boat. I interviewed there on Nov 11 and I just hit week 7. They said 6-8 weeks, but if it goes past that should I call or email. I don't want to annoy them, but I'd like to know. I'm in the process of doing my HPSP for Western (DO) and I've already paid a 1000 dollar acceptance fee to hold my seat there. I have another 1000 bucks to pay by March 15. I'm sure it will come exactly 8 weeks from interview, but I'm just a little anxious, as I'm sure everyone in this positions is too. Later.

Originally posted by jjhollin
I interviewed there on Nov 11 and I just hit week 7. They said 6-8 weeks, but if it goes past that should I call or email. I don't want to annoy them, but I'd like to know.

Hey! I've talked to a lot of people who called and emailed the adcom a lot before the 6-8 week mark. Waiting longer than 6-8 weeks isn't necessarily bad - they took about 12 weeks to send me my letter.

Hey,
I was just wondering how you check the status of your physical. I went to the DOD site and put my ss and dob but they then asked for my login and password. I saw at a site that you put your ss as your login and your pass is your last name but that didnt work. Anyone know how to check you physical status online?

Jetson