UT Austin and the Texas schools' foreign language requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecoolpharmboi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting to apply for next year and have seen some schools in Texas requires foreign language for 2 semesters of college work or 2 years in high school. Does that mean I have to request a transcript from my high school in which I graduated from in 2007? I never heard of that before, that's why I am asking this, because mostly when I apply to things, they don't care what I did in high school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should have met this pre-requisite because it is mandatory to do 2 years of a foreign language (spanish, french, latin, etc.) in High school.

With whether you need to send a transcript, contact each program individually and ask to see.

Good luck.

Well, considering how members of any pre-pharmacy concentration in the nation are expected to finish in 2 years, needing your HS transcript should not be a big deal. It's only been 2 years from your HS graduation, if you're on the right track. With the right AP/IB/CLEP credits, one can try to get everything done in 1 year!

Other things you applied to include? Probably things that in which they don't need to know what you did in HS.