UT Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DS2000

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I didn’t see a thread for students applying to the University of Tennessee CVM program so i decided to make one! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1st time IS!! Has any other IS gotten an interview invite yet?

:hello:

I'm a 2020 grad and still fairly active around the school, let me know if you guys have questions about the school from the student perspective, or if you want to know more about Knoxville!

:hello:

I'm a 2020 grad and still fairly active around the school, let me know if you guys have questions about the school from the student perspective, or if you want to know more about Knoxville!
Do you have any insight on what the radiology program is like? Also, any tips for interview?? i’m so nervous!!

Do you have any insight on what the radiology program is like? Also, any tips for interview?? i’m so nervous!!
Radiology is one of the things that UT is really good at! We have a whole team of 4 radiologists, plus 3 residents. There is an introduction to radiology included in first year (small animal in the fall and large animal in the spring), and the. The full radiology/ultrasound course 3rd year fall. I believe there is also an advanced imaging elective. During clinics you spend 4 weeks total on the radiology service. So lots of experience with it, I came out very comfortable with reading rads.

My biggest tip for interviewing is to relax and be yourself! It's a pretty chill interview, we're just trying to get to know you in a way that we can't from words in paper. It's very conversational. Come prepared with questions for us too :)

Does anyone remember when they said OOS interviews would be?

Hey y’all! I’m a current 1st year UTCVM student and was a multiple cycle applicant so I’ve been through this process enough times to know exactly what you guys are feeling. There’s several super active current and past students in here every year as well and all of us will try to answer any questions y’all have about the process or program…… Good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all! I’m a current 1st year UTCVM student and was a multiple cycle applicant so I’ve been through this process enough times to know exactly what you guys are feeling. There’s several super active current and past students in here every year as well and all of us will try to answer any questions y’all have about the process or program…… Good luck!!!!

Hi, do you mind sharing what have you done differently over the cycles to be offered a spot? Thank you

I just got an interview with UT!!! I'm so excited and nervous. My interview is next week. Do you have any tips?

Good luck to all the IS applicants with their interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Would you be able to tell us about the online interview? How does the interview flow? I'm guessing they will come on and introduce themselves then start asking questions? Any insight would be great!

How did everyone’s interview go :) ?
Terrible, i was not a fan of the interview style. The questions they asked just felt like they were reading off of a piece of paper and not listening to my responses. The student that was a part of it was awesome and i felt like she was friendly but the other two DVM’s were not my favorite, very bland. A lot of people say this is their favorite interview but it was definitely not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible, i was not a fan of the interview style. The questions they asked just felt like they were reading off of a piece of paper and not listening to my responses. The student that was a part of it was awesome and i felt like she was friendly but the other two DVM’s were not my favorite, very dry. A lot of people say this is their favorite interview but it was definitely not for me.
I think you and I must have had the same exact experience, except the student seemed like they would rather be anywhere else. I didn’t feel like they were really interested in getting to know who I was. I’ve interviewed with them twice before and this was nothing like my past experiences. I was very disappointed, especially because last time I felt like I had a great conversation with my interviewing team. I do not have high hopes for an acceptance after that interview.

I think you and I must have had the same exact experience, except the student seemed like they would rather be anywhere else. I didn’t feel like they were really interested in getting to know who I was. I’ve interviewed with them twice before and this was nothing like my past experiences. I was very disappointed, especially because last time I felt like I had a great conversation with my interviewing team. I do not have high hopes for an acceptance after that interview.
It was extremely disappointing. The professor I had looked like she literally hated her life and did not care a single bit about what I had to say. I went in with such high hopes and left feeling very defeated. The student that was there for me was trying her best to make it a positive experience tho she didn’t talk much. I could tell she was feeling kind of embarassed by it because it was just so out of whack from their normal. They literally read questions off their computer and said nothing else 😅 I loved UT but after that, my chances feel slim.

Definitely helpful to get this feedback guys! They had us doing interviews in a lot more regimented way than we have in the past. We've always had question banks but this time they really stressed using the exact same questions for every applicant and using the same wording, so there was not much time for going off-script or getting that conversational tone that I feel we've been able to have in prior years. I am not sure if they do any kind of interview feedback on y'all's end but I will say I felt similar about the new process. Might make a difference in how they decide to do things moving forward, since historically the interview process has been such a highpoint for us.

Does anyone know when IS students will get an acceptance or rejection?

Does anyone know when IS students will get an acceptance or rejection?

Current students who were on the pre-interview session said they heard back end of Nov beginning of Dec. Hoping it’s soon, the wait is killing me…

Current students who were on the pre-interview session said they heard back end of Nov beginning of Dec. Hoping it’s soon, the wait is killing me…
Same! I hope they announce in state first and don’t wait for out of state next year. My interview was very wishy washy and was not a great experience so i’m super nervous.

Same! I hope they announce in state first and don’t wait for out of state next year. My interview was very wishy washy and was not a great experience so i’m super nervous.

They’ll definitely let IS know before next year. I interviewed with them 2 cycles ago and they sent out responses on Dec4.
I’m sure you did better than you think don’t worry. I wish the interview was longer than 25mins.

How’s everyone doing??? I feel like i’ve not heard from anyone that has applied to UT. Anyone want to talk about where else they applied and if they’ve gotten interviews? I want to connect with potential classmates!

How’s everyone doing??? I feel like i’ve not heard from anyone that has applied to UT. Anyone want to talk about where else they applied and if they’ve gotten interviews? I want to connect with potential classmates!
Hey! I'm a first time non-traditional applicant out of state. I applied to three other schools (Georgia, Colorado State, and Missouri). No interviews so far!

The heat of the semester + flu season + waiting to hear back from schools is getting the best of me lol. How’re you?

I also applied to Tufts, Auburn, LSU, tOSU, Minn, Wisco, Illinois, and Purdue.

No interview invites yet but I did get a rejection from LSU (didn’t make the top 150 GPA cut off. I think it’s really high this year!)

The heat of the semester + flu season + waiting to hear back from schools is getting the best of me lol. How’re you?

No interview invites yet but I did get a rejection from LSU (didn’t make the top 150 GPA cut off. I think it’s really high this year!)

Hey! I’m a 1st time OOS applying to UT, Illinois, Ohio, North carolina, LMU, LSU and IS to UGA. I also got denied from LSU already :/ i had no idea they would only take the top 150 gpa applications

Also IS to UGA! Applied to UGA, LMU, UT, Illinois, UMN (current undergrad), Tufts, and Cornell. So far just an interview from LMU

Oh wow i didn’t know LSU did that. I’m doing okay. School is really getting the best of me right now with being sick and the weather changing. So far i’ve interviewed at LMU and UT and waiting to hear back from both. I also applied to OSU but no invitations until december.

Hey! I’m a 1st time OOS applying to UT, Illinois, Ohio, North carolina, LMU, LSU and IS to UGA. I also got denied from LSU already :/ i had no idea they would only take the top 150 gpa applications
have you heard from LMU? I interviewed with them in October. Their admissions protocol is going crazy right now with the new spring cohort i feel for the staff 😂 I went to the visitation on nov 5 and everyone was so stressed but had a great time. I haven’t heard anything from UT. Hoping IS decisions come out soon.

have you heard from LMU? I interviewed with them in October. Their admissions protocol is going crazy right now with the new spring cohort i feel for the staff I went to the visitation on nov 5 and everyone was so stressed but had a great time. I haven’t heard anything from UT. Hoping IS decisions come out soon.

I actually interview with LMU tomorrow!! I’m a little nervous but i’ve heard it isn’t that bad. I believe they’ll send out invites starting in Dec. for the Fall 2023 class!

Has anyone received any type of communication? I just want to hear decisions for IS students so badly especially since LMU is basically pushing people into spring cohort without hearing from other schools. They are only giving people 5 days to decide and i’m scared I will have to decline and then get rejected from UT🥲

Has anyone received any type of communication? I just want to hear decisions for IS students so badly especially since LMU is basically pushing people into spring cohort without hearing from other schools. They are only giving people 5 days to decide and i’m scared I will have to decline and then get rejected from UT🥲
Only thing I've gotten was an email right after applying saying that OOS interviews would take place end of January and you should hear within the previous week if you get an invite. So it could be a while most likely.

Are they allowing people to defer to fall if they want to wait to hear back from other schools? Otherwise that kind of seems to go against the AAVMC policy of allowing students until the April 15th deadline to decide.

I guess technically still within the rules from looking at it - there's an exception for the schools that have classes that start in the spring.

Still if they're not letting people defer until Fall that's kind of...gross, particularly for students waiting to hear back from their in-state schools.

Hopefully they are giving that option, I would hesitate to lock myself into paying nearly double in tuition if I was still waiting to hear back from cheaper schools.

Are they allowing people to defer to fall if they want to wait to hear back from other schools? Otherwise that kind of seems to go against the AAVMC policy of allowing students until the April 15th deadline to decide.
they started out allowing those offered a spring seat to decline and move their acceptance to fall, and then a few days ago they sent an email changing the rules saying that if you decline a spring seat then you go back into the mix and will be re-evaluated for fall but it doesn’t guarantee an acceptance. Makes me so mad they gave a bunch of people the option between spring and fall and then suddenly took it away for those not accepted yet because they weren’t filling spring quickly enough. So a lot of people got the choice, and now a lot of people have no choice. Kind of a terrible rep for their program imo.

• Angry
I guess technically still within the rules from looking at it - there's an exception for the schools that have classes that start in the spring.

Still if they're not letting people defer until Fall that's kind of...gross, particularly for students waiting to hear back from their in-state schools.

Hopefully they are giving that option, I would hesitate to lock myself into paying nearly double in tuition if I was still waiting to hear back from cheaper schools.
they were allowing the choice but then sent an email and said anyone accepted from now on won’t have the choice. We can decline a spring seat and be put back in the mix to be evaluated for fall, but everyone before us was allowed the choice. It’s very gross on their part. Especially only allowing 5 days to decide from the moment you get your spring acceptance email.

• Angry
@WildZoo Do you know what exact dates they’re sending acceptances? On their website everything says to be determined and no communication has happened. And still with LMU i’m scared with the spring cohort deal😬

@WildZoo Do you know what exact dates they’re sending acceptances? On their website everything says to be determined and no communication has happened. And still with LMU i’m scared with the spring cohort deal😬
I don't, I'm not sure anyone knows exact dates before they happen because it's just a matter of when the admissions committee finishes reviewing everything, maks their determinations, and the dean approves it. So I think their goal for IS student offers is late November/early December, before they send out OOS interview invites, but since I'm only involved with interviews I don't know any more specifics than that. Sorry!

IS should be receiving acceptance and rejections today

just got waitlisted. Super bummed because i needed to take cell biology and don’t want to spend the money if i’m not even going to get in. I highly doubt i’ll be pulled from the in state waitlist anyways.

• Care