UT Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know when the OOS interview invites go out?
This is what the email that they sent said

If you are an out of state applicant virtual interviews are tentatively scheduled for January 27th & January 28th and you should expect to hear from us by the week before.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m at work and too scared/anxious to click on the e-mail. Do all emails start with “Thank you for your interest and application to the University of Tennessee” ? Or only rejections…

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know how big the alternate pool is?

I’m at work and too scared/anxious to click on the e-mail. Do all emails start with “Thank you for your interest and application to the University of Tennessee” ? Or only rejections…

Let me know what you find out cause i want to know for the future..

I got the email this morning around 11 that I was accepted! This was my second time applying in state!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted this morning! So crazy to be posting this. Anybody know if there’s a Facebook group yet?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi! I am a first-time OOS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

were you waitlisted?

Just out of curiosity, what is the first year daily schedule like? I found online it it 8am-5:50pm but are we in class that whole time or some days will we have different timed classes?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In past years they've released OOS interview invites/rejections on like the 7th and 8th, hopefully that means we'll hear something soon right?

Is tomorrow the day??

I assumed that the email they sent about hearing back by the week before interviews meant that was the latest we could hear from them, but maybe they have changed their timeline from last year?

I assumed that the email they sent about hearing back by the week before interviews meant that was the latest we could hear from them, but maybe they have changed their timeline from last year?
Im unsure. They sent out invites the second Wednesday in December of last year. That would’ve been yesterday..

Im unsure. They sent out invites the second Wednesday in December of last year. That would’ve been yesterday..
Yeah, I was really hoping for yesterday, but maybe we won't hear back until January this year.

Do they require us to submit official fall 2022 transcripts?

I don’t remember getting an email only the one before the VMCAS deadline 😬

Yeah, I was really hoping for yesterday, but maybe we won't hear back until January this year.
I looked at their timeline from a few years ago and it said they found out about a week before interviews. And their website says the same this year so I’m not anticipating anything until the first week of January at the soonest

OOS vet school acceptance!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I didn’t even know they sent interviews out yet?! Congrats?? When did you interview?
I was chosen to be accepted and did not have to interview

Reactions: 2 users
I was chosen to be accepted and did not have to interview
That’s great! Do you know why? If you feel comfortable sharing your stats, I’m sure it’s more than just GPA that makes you a great applicant.

Also received an OOS acceptance today! (no interview required) Over the moon right now! First acceptance and first time applying.

Reactions: 4 users
Also received an OOS acceptance today! (no interview required) Over the moon right now! First acceptance and first time applying.
Congratulations!! What an accomplishment! Would you feel comfortable sharing your stats? I’m sure your application really stood our.

Does anyone know if they send out a lot of acceptances with no OOS interview required? I’ve seen a couple but didn’t know if they would be sending them out today as well. Congratulations to anyone that got one

Does anyone know if they send out a lot of acceptances with no OOS interview required? I’ve seen a couple but didn’t know if they would be sending them out today as well. Congratulations to anyone that got one
I haven’t heard anything as an OOS applicant yet 😬

Reactions: 3 users
Does UT require fall transcripts?

Welp I’m feeling uncomfy. I haven’t heard anything as an OOS applicant. Definitely makes me nervous.

Welp I’m feeling uncomfy. I haven’t heard anything as an OOS applicant. Definitely makes me nervous.
They haven’t sent OOS interview invites, only automatic acceptances which I believe are very select and few.

They haven’t sent OOS interview invites, only automatic acceptances which I believe are very select and few.

Automatic acceptances scare me still because there are only 25 OOS seats 🥹

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
just got waitlisted. Super bummed because i needed to take cell biology and don’t want to spend the money if i’m not even going to get in. I highly doubt i’ll be pulled from the in state waitlist anyways.
Don’t give up hope. I was waitlisted and pulled off the waitlist last year. I think I was the only in-state person to get pulled off the waitlist but once you’re in, it really doesn’t matter. I often forget that I was on the waitlist at all but trust me when I say, I understand the unknown can be torturous. Some years they pull many people off the waitlist, some years, none. It entirely depends on the class and if someone declines a spot, the committee looks at who on the waitlist best fills that spot, so there’s no ranking or anything like that.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone filled out their FAFSA yet? I did mine tonight and it said I will qualify for a little over 20K. Does anyone know if that is for just the fall semester or if that is suppose to be for the whole first year?

Has anyone filled out their FAFSA yet? I did mine tonight and it said I will qualify for a little over 20K. Does anyone know if that is for just the fall semester or if that is suppose to be for the whole first year?
It is annual, that is the standard annual Direct Unsubsidized loan amount for graduate/professional students. Any additional amount will be in the form of Grad Plus loans, which will cover the rest of what you need, up to the total cost of attendance.

Could this be the week for OOS invites?!?! I'm struggling with waiting!

Reactions: 3 users