UT Class of 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They usually release decisions the last week of January.
Decisions of acceptance? Interviews aren’t until the last week this year though

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year they sent stuff out for OOS Dec 8 :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in a cell bio pre-req that I only need for UT and really don’t want to take. My drop/add is the 13th, do we really think we won’t hear until the 20/21st? :/

I’m in a cell bio pre-req that I only need for UT and really don’t want to take. My drop/add is the 13th, do we really think we won’t hear until the 20/21st? :/
If you can, I’d take it. I really enjoyed cell bio but it is a lot of extra work if you absolutely don’t need it

UT is the only school that I applied to that requires genetics. Even if I don’t get in I’m still taking it cause if I get rejected this cycle I want more options for next cycle. Just something to think about!

Reactions: 2 users
UT is the only school that I applied to that requires genetics. Even if I don’t get in I’m still taking it cause if I get rejected this cycle I want more options for next cycle. Just something to think about!
That’s fair! I’m deciding between this and research for credit :)

i’m in the same exact boat. I’m IS and got waitlisted so i’m still taking it. I’m waiting to hear from LMU so it looks like i’ll just have to take it anyways.

i’m in the same exact boat. I’m IS and got waitlisted so i’m still taking it. I’m waiting to hear from LMU so it looks like i’ll just have to take it anyways.
I will lyk that I called to confirm their policies and despite what the website says the admissions office said they will allow you to take one more course over summer….

I will lyk that I called to confirm their policies and despite what the website says the admissions office said they will allow you to take one more course over summer….
So are you waiting until you hear back and taking a summer course? Where are you taking the course through? I can’t find any online cell biology courses that are just summer long courses

I think we might hear tomorrow or Wednesday

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS rejection. Good luck to everyone else!

OOS rejection. Expected it.

OOS rejection. Immediately dropped Cell Bio

OOS rejection, I was going to pull my app anyway because I chose not to take cell bio and instead have the semester off school. I’m glad it was mutual between TN and I 😂

OOS rejection. 3rd out of four rejections so far…in state is my only hope now! Good luck everyone!

OOS interview invite! This is insane. What format is their interview?

Reactions: 3 users
OOS rejection. really disappointed, the email made it sound like I didn’t meet their GPA cutoff and I have a 3.75 and 3.70 science. Congrats to all who got interviews!!!

• Care
OOS interview invite! This is insane. What format is their interview?
It is a behavioral-style interview, typically with one faculty member, one practitioner alumnus, and one student (though sometimes a little bit different depending on people's availability). It is about 25 minutes total. Pretty relaxed usually. We do have a question bank we have to pull from so it's not quite as conversational throughout as it used to be. There should be 5 minutes at the end for you to ask questions and make any additional comments too.

Hugs to everyone receiving rejections <3

And congrats to those receiving interviews! I will be on one of the interview panels so might see some of you on the 27th 👀
Do they release emails all at once? I haven’t gotten an update yet so I was wondering.

Do they release emails all at once? I haven’t gotten an update yet so I was wondering.
No clue! It seems like they might be going out in batches just based on the timing of people posting here though.

OOS denial. Good luck everyone. This is my second app. cycle, denied at UT both times. I do have interviews at other schools this cycle, though, so it feels kinda weird to be denied at UT.

• Care
How many OOS interviews does UT offer and how many are accepted?
Historically they've done somewhere between 180-200 OOS interviews, with 25 OOS seats in the class. I am not sure how many of the seats with the increase to 100 total are designated for OOS. There usually is some waitlist movement too.

Just out of curiosity, what is the first year daily schedule like? I found online it it 8am-5:50pm but are we in class that whole time or some days will we have different timed classes?
Hey! Not sure if anyone else has answered this yet, but thought I would just in case. I'm a second year at UT/school ambassador and am happy to answer any questions from people in the group. During first year, you usually have lecture from 8-12 most days and then anatomy lab (and occasionally other labs) in the afternoon every other day or so. The schedule picks up a little in the spring semester and then in second year you have lecture 8-5 more often. The schedule varies every day and every week; so some days you'll start a little later, or end early, or only lab, etc.

Curious where they're planning to put the extra people, unless there are more classrooms in the new addition to the building than were originally planned.
They told us that they plan to utilize a couple of classrooms in the construction across the street on ag campus that should be completed in the next year or so.

I couldn’t attend the zoom session. Would anyone that attended be willing to share what was said?

I couldn’t attend the zoom session. Would anyone that attended be willing to share what was said?
Hey! I was one of the current students at the zoom session on Thursday. It was basically an information session about the curriculum, college, finances, and Knoxville. Most of what was covered can be found on the website as far as academic schedule and cost of attendance things go. Current students also answered questions that applicants had about vet school in general and specific things about UT. I think the academic services team can send you some of the information from the meeting if you reach out to them via email. Hope everyone's interview went well!