This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BatGirl012

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure if this has been addressed directly yet about specifically UTK, but I'm wondering about their MPH program and their admissions rigor.

I know that places like UGA would pretty much demand quite a bit of experience and a pretty high GRE score to get in. But what about UTK? Do they really require any experience at all?

I've had some "public health" experience from working in vet clinics--but that was more along the lines of veterinary public health.

And how do they look at the GRE? My undergrad GPA was really high, but I took the GRE during a really rough time (academically and personally) and didn't score quite as high as I wanted to, but it's not by any means "low".

If I got good recommendation letters and had a good personal statement, could I have a pretty good chance of getting in as it is?