UT Knoxville Family Medicine residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aterry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone-

I was wondering if anyone could share any info they have about UT knoxville's family med residency program. Pros, cons, culture, city, inpatient vs outpatient, amount of ob/GYN training..... Anything would be helpful since the info I have found so far is a bit outdated. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Id like to know too

don't know about the fm residency program but i have been inside that hospital about 10 times to visit family and walked around a bit and talked to nurses. very nice place, didn't seem excessively busy. nurse told me she knew several do's and do residents. hospital is outside of downtown near the airport looking down a little pond, neighborhood is quiet and cheap to live. btw there is a famous body farm next to the hospital - just a gated fenced lot. knoxville as a city has almost everything you need - safer, quieter than nashville. the smokies are absolutely beautiful in the fall. there are good restaurants around ut area not as many as nashville of course, but they have things like pf changs. i wouldn't mind living in that part of tennessee. in fact i think everything east of nashville is pretty nice to look at. the only annoying thing is everybody is nuts about ut football in the fall, but that's your typical sec college town.