KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know how hard it is to get into UT Memphis as an out of state resident? Thanks

Circadian Man

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Status (Visible)
It's very difficult. They only consider out-of-state applications from residents of the eight states that border Tennessee or from children of UT alumni that live out of state. Plus, only 10% of each entering class can be non-residents.

klinzou

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Tennessee
Status (Visible)
What about if you live in TN but go to school in VA?? Will they consider you in-state, or do they base it on where you go to school?

About the Ads

Asclepius

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
your legal residency...where you live. UT gets students from all over.

Chemguync

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
Chapel Hill, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I interviewed out of state last year and was waitlisted. I interviewed again this year, except as a reapplicant they give you one interview w/ a senior member of the committee. He said if I were a TN resident I would most likely have gotten in last year, but there's just not much room for out-of-staters.. He was honest though and said I'd prolly get waitlisted again this year, but I'd have a better chance of getting "the call" this time around. That was several months ago now and they haven't let me know one way or the other, lol.. Oh well.. Seems like a great school for 3rd and 4th years, but not much chance of getting in out of state if you don't have some sort of tie to the school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.