2025-2026 McGovern (UT Health Houston)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In their WL email, they said "Letters of interest/intent do not affect the likelihood of acceptance." I'm feeling this means "don't send us anything" lol but what about an update letter in order to update/indicate interest with another match? I've heard they like continued interest, not sure if that extends after the match. Don't know if sending UL will kill my chances completely for "disobeying" or help lol
 
I sent an update letter and they replied saying thank you and it’s been added to your file. No idea if it’s going to help or they have me blacklisted now, but at least it doesn’t seem that way to me.
did u email them the update letter or do it through the portal? i sent an update letter through the portal and i didnt receive any confirmation from them that they received it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello- im in the middle of finalizing my decisions for school but im having trouble with the financial aspects. McGovern is my top choice but an OOS school offered some financial aid for me today which has made me hesitant. McGovern hasn't sent any info yet and I submitted my scholarship application 2 days after it opened. Would it be appropriate to reach out to them to see if I can get any info? I'm just worried with the plan to enroll deadline coming up...
 
hello- im in the middle of finalizing my decisions for school but im having trouble with the financial aspects. McGovern is my top choice but an OOS school offered some financial aid for me today which has made me hesitant. McGovern hasn't sent any info yet and I submitted my scholarship application 2 days after it opened. Would it be appropriate to reach out to them to see if I can get any info? I'm just worried with the plan to enroll deadline coming up...
Congratulations on your success, @majorcookie
I think your fastest response will come from emailing the financial aid department at McGovern directly to see if they can assist you with information.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a letter of intent in February and an update letter in early April. Would you recommend either waiting until May 15th or contacting admissions one last time?
 
I sent a letter of intent in February and an update letter in early April. Would you recommend either waiting until May 15th or contacting admissions one last time?
Do you already have a TMDSAS match? Then you will only be eligible for an offer from a WL until May 15th. If you have sent them 2 things already affirming your wish to attend, that’s sufficient
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+ IS WL -> A!
I got off the waitlist this week!

IS, first app cycle, sent LOI after match day WL (not sure if that affected anything idk)
II: 3, A: now 3!

First sdn post after scrolling through for ages! Won the lottery i guess - as someone said earlier. I genuinely can’t believe it! Had lots of happy tears and calls today :,) I held another A at another texas school, so I was genuinely worried that my chances were slim since it seemed like they may have only given A to WL applicants with no acceptances. Hoping my spot goes to another fantastic, deserving applicant out there 🙂

Some parting words:
Movement DOES happen, someone could go to an ivy/oos and open spots! I have faith in you! If you’re condemned to the waitlist at any school, crossing fingers and toes for you! I feel your frustration! All your emotions around apps are SO valid, and I myself have felt ALL of them at some point. I am rooting for you all!

Message me if you have any specific questions about stats, personal info, etc. 🙂
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know how the waitlist looks for OOS applicants, or if it differs from IS? Currently holding onto one acceptance that requires commit to enroll in early June, but would much rather go to McGovern.
 
Hi IS applicant and Mcgovern was my only II. Trying to stay optimistic but losing hope everyday:’) Does anyone know if the class is already full? I feel like the movement is extremely slow this yr. I’ve sent a 2 letters of intent, one being pretty recent. I got the reply that it has been saved to my file and for the second time, it had a few people CC’d on reply email. Does anyone know if that means anything? It’s so exhausting even thinking about having to go through the app and cycle one more time..
 
Hi IS applicant and Mcgovern was my only II. Trying to stay optimistic but losing hope everyday:’) Does anyone know if the class is already full? I feel like the movement is extremely slow this yr. I’ve sent a 2 letters of intent, one being pretty recent. I got the reply that it has been saved to my file and for the second time, it had a few people CC’d on reply email. Does anyone know if that means anything? It’s so exhausting even thinking about having to go through the app and cycle one more time..
You can follow the WL news over here: Texas Roundup

There have been a few offers from McGovern in the last 3 weeks.