UT Memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfpullen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I interviewed at Memphis (as a re-app) and just got a letter saying they didn't make a decision, but will look at my app again in mid January after X-mas break. So, my question is, has anyone from Memphis who got this letter gotten in, or should I assume I've been waitlisted and start reviewing to retake the MCAT and reapply?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

This is really more of a preallo question, but I'll answer it anyway. Yes, you are kind of waitlisted, yes you can still get in. Looking at your MDapplicants link though makes me think you should probably plan to take the MCAT again. A 7 on PS is not a very stellar score and below average for accepted students (I believe the average MCAT at UT is 29-30)

Members don't see this ad :)
This is really more of a preallo question, but I'll answer it anyway. Yes, you are kind of waitlisted, yes you can still get in. Looking at your MDapplicants link though makes me think you should probably plan to take the MCAT again. A 7 on PS is not a very stellar score and below average for accepted students (I believe the average MCAT at UT is 29-30)

Sounds like good advice, I agree. However, I don't see how this is a pre-allo question...how would PRE-allo people be able to answer about being accepted off of the waitlist? Seems a bit contradictory...

mfpullen,
i'm a re-app too...i interviewed 11/20...and still haven't heard back...do you mind sharing your stats?

Have you guys contacted Ms. Harris in the admissions office? She's incredibly helpful!

Hey mfpullen, I wouldn't fret too much man. A 27R is not bad at all...maybe the committee was just tired pre-Christmas and wanted to get to that egg nog! Plus, I agree talking to either Diane or Nelson Strother is incredibly easy...they are both highly personable, thats one of the reasons I love TN!

I wish you the best of luck and hope to call you one of my fellow UT 2012-ers.

When you do get accepted, I just want you to know that there is a UT-Class of 2012 thread (here) as well as a Facebook group (here).

Later, jb

Glad I found this thread. Can't wait to talk to my future classmates.

Yes, Diane and Nelson are extremely helpful. They will respond to emails the next day and are more then willing to set up personal appointments.

Next question... Where is everyone living next year? I'm looking for a compatible roommate (or roommates) for possible midtown condo/mud island home.

I know there's only three people who have posted, but this should be a great thread in the near future! Thanks!

It's going to be a great next 4 years. Memphis rocks.

-drew

Glad I found this thread. Can't wait to talk to my future classmates.

Yes, Diane and Nelson are extremely helpful. They will respond to emails the next day and are more then willing to set up personal appointments.

Next question... Where is everyone living next year? I'm looking for a compatible roommate (or roommates) for possible midtown condo/mud island home.

I know there's only three people who have posted, but this should be a great thread in the near future! Thanks!

It's going to be a great next 4 years. Memphis rocks.

-drew

Congrats to you, Drew! (I knew you in orgo lab.) I agree that UT Memphis is an awesome school with clinical experience that is hard to beat anywhere else. Looking forward to seeing this thread thrive, too! :)

ut is frustrating me. i'm in state but i have not heard a WORD from them since i was complete back in august. what gives? i don't feel like i'm not competitive at the school, but i'm guessing they give out invites based on some kind of hierarchy? it's depressing :thumbdown:

What are your stats?

ut is frustrating me. i'm in state but i have not heard a WORD from them since i was complete back in august. what gives? i don't feel like i'm not competitive at the school, but i'm guessing they give out invites based on some kind of hierarchy? it's depressing :thumbdown:

I'm in the same boat... I e-mailed them and they told me I was going to be granted an interview soon (this was before thanksgiving). I e-mailed Strother last week and said I just needed to be scheduled for the interview and they would e-mail me when it's official...

I interviewed at UT on January 22nd and haven't heard anything back from them even though they told us that the committee would meet the Fri. after I interviewed. Has anyone from the Jan. 22nd group heard from UT yet?

Well I received my letter this weekend and it was thin so I knew exactly what it was going to say. I got rejected so I'm heading to Kansas City,Mo this fall:D.