Utah Anesthesiology job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthPaw

Reaction score
Current CA1 looking for advice on the job market in Utah, specifically in or around SLC. Any general thoughts/advice are appreciated. Academics? Locums? Private practice? Salary range? Overall physician satisfaction, etc. Anything will help. Thanks in advance for the advice. šŸ˜Š

Members don't see this ad.

Current CA1 looking for advice on the job market in Utah, specifically in or around SLC. Any general thoughts/advice are appreciated. Academics? Locums? Private practice? Salary range? Overall physician satisfaction, etc. Anything will help. Thanks in advance for the advice. šŸ˜Š
Urban legend is that it is almost impossible.

Reactions: 1 users
Canā€™t speak to academics. Private group is Mountain West and from what I know they dominate Utah. I had two co-residents get jobs there. There was a long list of applicants they competed against, neither felt confident, and both felt very fortunate to get a job with them. They do well from what little I know. Also, both of them were Mormon.

If thatā€™s your deal you should go ahead and make contact to get your name in the hat and do what they suggest to make yourself competitive.

Reactions: 1 user
In the last couple of years I have seen a few jobs pop up but it is extremely competitive (it helps to know somebody). Colorado Springs and Denver have been overflow markets. Expect to make less.

Reactions: 1 user