Utah Utah Utah Utah Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bqj

bqj
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was pretty impressed with the school when I interviewed there Oct. 1st. I'm interested to see what others' experiences were like (the SDN interview link didn't seem to give the best info). Though I'm not impressed with the ADCOM timelines, I thought it was pretty laid back and that the students were happy. So what did you think?

Members don't see this ad.

bqj said:
I was pretty impressed with the school when I interviewed there Oct. 1st. I'm interested to see what others' experiences were like (the SDN interview link didn't seem to give the best info). Though I'm not impressed with the ADCOM timelines, I thought it was pretty laid back and that the students were happy. So what did you think?
I came away with mixed reviews. I thought the school was great and the students were friendly and helpful. The new building is impressive, and you can't ask for a better place for outdoor activities, unless you want the beach. You nailed it, the ADCOM is my major complaint. I think once you're accepted it would be a great place to go.

bqj said:

I interviewed last year and was unimpressed with 1) the people I interviewed with and 2) the current students. They were from UVSC, Westminster, etc. I think the research they have and the residency programs are great, but I was not impressed with the M.D. program. Quoting a U of U SOM professor, "They can sit down and be compassionate with a patient, but they can't figure out what the hell is wrong with them."