UTSD-Houston Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: UTSD-Houston Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Have you all heard anything from the dental school? I submitted the TMDSAS app on May 18, 2022

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email that they received my application a week or two ago. I applied through AADSAS though.
Thank you for the heads-up. I still have not heard anything yet. When did you submit the AADSAS application?

Thank you for the heads-up. I still have not heard anything yet. When did you submit the AADSAS application?
I too submitted through TMDSAS and haven't heard anything. Only school which hasn't gotten back to me. Oh well, I'm trusting the process, I suppose. Hopefully in a month or so I get an interview invite.

Reactions: 1 user
I too submitted through TMDSAS and haven't heard anything. Only school which hasn't gotten back to me. Oh well, I'm trusting the process, I suppose. Hopefully in a month or so I get an interview invite.
Same here. I still have not heard from them.

Thank you so much for sharing. I just checked my Spam box and noticed that "application received " is sent today as well.

"This letter is to acknowledge receipt of your application for the 2023 entering class at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston, and to thank you for your interest in our institution. The UTSD Dental Admissions Committee is reviewing applications and The Office of Student and Academic Affairs will be scheduling admission visits as the committee works through the review process.

Please keep The Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) or the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) informed of any updates of grades, test scores, or personal information. If you have a name change, change of address, or change of email address, please email that information to [email protected]. We look forward to another busy admissions cycle and ask for patience as we work diligently and carefully through this process.

Thank you again for your interest in The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact The Office of Student and Academic Affairs at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Ralph A. Cooley, DDS, AGD Fellow"
“Application received” email today, I submitted my application May 27th.

Oh no! I’d check spam frequently just to be safe over the interview and acceptance period.

Interview #1
School: UTSD-Houston
Notification date: 8/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/22
Application complete date: 6/27/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 28/28/18/26, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Oddly enough I was given one date which is Tuesday August 23rd. I will likely ask to reschedule as I am going to be starting classes for college around that time.
Method of interview: Not sure depends on what date I am given for the interview when I ask to reschedule.

Interview #1
Notification date: 8/2
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/5/22
Application complete date: 6/27/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 28/28/18/26, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Oddly enough I was given one date which is Tuesday August 23rd. I will likely ask to reschedule as I am going to be starting classes for college around that time.
Method of interview: Not sure depends on what date I am given for the interview when I ask to reschedule.
Congrats. Those are amazing stats. I believe Dr. Cooley says interviews will be in-person this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats. Those are amazing stats. I believe Dr. Cooley says interviews will be in-person this year.
Thank you! So I ended up finding a way to attend in person so I had to re-email the admissions committee. Also, for everyone their first virtual date is available in October.

Last edited:
Any oos students? Did you have to pay any fees or any secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/9
Residency: Texas (Hook Em')
TMDSAS Submission Date: 6/6/22
Application Process Date: 6/29/22
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections <17): 23/22/26/20, None
Interview date: August 30
Method of interview: In Person

Is the school sending out interview invitations every week?

IMG_7341.jpg

I submitted the complete tMDSAS, recommendation letters, and DAT score on may 18 and I just now received an email @ 4 pm CST saying that my application is completed. Is this normal? When did you all receive this email? Is this a bad or good sign?

Last edited:
I submitted the complete tMDSAS, recommendation letters, and DAT score on may 18 and I just now received an email saying that my application is completed. Is this normal? When did you all receive this email? Is this a bad or good sign?
I got an email on 8/1 that they received my application, but today around 1600 CDT (8/17) they said they considered my application complete. Looks to be completely normal.

View attachment 358511
I submitted the complete tMDSAS, recommendation letters, and DAT score on may 18 and I just now received an email @ 4 pm CST saying that my application is completed. Is this normal? When did you all receive this email? Is this a bad or good sign?
Hey! I recieved this same email yesterday as well around 3pm.

Has anyone you know received interview invitations from UTSD Houston in the past two weeks? How frequently are they sending invitations out?

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/6
Residency: Texas (Dallas)
TMDSAS Submission Date: 6/14/22
Application Process Date: 6/15/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections <17): 21/21/23/21, None

Reactions: 2 users
Have anyone received admission interview ? How often are they sending out invitations?

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/17
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS Submission Date: 8/14/22
Application Process Date: Early September
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections 21/20/21/22, None

First Texas school interview!!!! So shocked that Houston dental reached out to me

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 10/17
TMDSAS Submission Date: 8/14/22
Application Process Date: Early September
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections 21/20/21/22, None

First Texas school interview!!!! So shocked that Houston dental reached out to me
Congrats that's so exciting! When is your interview scheduled for?

Does anyone know when will they start sending out OOS interview? I know its supposed to be some time late October/ early November, but does anyone have a more specific date?

Does anyone know when will they start sending out OOS interview? I know its supposed to be some time late October/ early November, but does anyone have a more specific date?
During my interview with them in September, there were candidates from Indiana and Utah.

Did anyone hear back from them recently?

Does anyone have information on what the interviews are like here? Like who interviews you and are the interviews opened or closed? Any links to this information would also be helpful. Thanks!

Interview: #2
Notification date: 11/4
TMDSAS mail-out date: 9/8/22
Application complete date: 9/8/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 20/21/19/21, no
Interview date: 11/14
Method of interview: In person

Interview: #6
Notification date: 11/18
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/24/22
Application complete date: 7/28/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 20/21/21/18, no
Interview date: 12/06

Interview: #6
Notification date: 11/18
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/24/22
Application complete date: 7/28/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.57, 3.50
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 20/21/21/18, no
Interview date: 12/06
Congrats!! I just completed mine so feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Interview #1
Notification date: 12/13
TMDSAS Submission Date: 05/30/22
Application Process Date: Mid june
GPA (science, overall): 3.2
Masters GPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections 20/20/19/20, None
Interview Date: 01/13/23

Grateful 🥲

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 12/13
TMDSAS Submission Date: 05/30/22
Application Process Date: Mid june
GPA (science, overall): 3.2
Masters GPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Sections 20/20/19/20, None
Interview Date: 01/13/23

Grateful 🥲
Did they have many interview dates available to pick from or did they give you only that option?

Has anyone received good news?

I saw people said they were admitted at 12:01am last year. Does it mean they received the emails at 12:01am or the email was marked as sent at 12:01am but they received the email a bit later than that?

Anyone still waiting for the email? Have they sent out them yet?

So sad....
I saw some people posted on reddit that they got accepted at 12:01
Congrats to all who are accepted! So sad for myself though. Do you know how many batches of acceptance they usually send out and how often?

When do Texas dental schools send out their last interview invites? If I haven't heard back yet, is it basically hopeless?

I am an incoming student in the utsd class of 27! I toured housing options around the dental school this week and am looking to buy a 2 bed townhome. Currently I am really interested in Fontainbleau condos right across from the dental school. Does anyone know anything about this complex and its reputation? Additionally, does anyone have any recommendations for other 2 bedroom townhomes available to buy near the dental school? Thank you!!!!!