What's the story on UT Southwestern's Gen Surg program. I've heard from residents there the following things, all a bit red flags for me.
- Lots of issues with the New (2013) Chair
- New PD (Brian Williams) as of this summer. I googled him and it was like he almost didn't exist. Anyone know who he is?
- They've had issues with case numbers. Apparently two graduates a few years ago didn't meet min ABS case numbers and they got in trouble
- Resident attrition. People leave as early as 3 months into intern year and late as PGY4
- Faculty turnover.
- They won't interview IMGs or anyone not "traditional" for their program (read: not a prototypical white kid straight out of residency)