UTSW or Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nonegiven

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. My friend just told me about this site and I was wondering if I could get a little advice. I've gotton into UTSW and Baylor, but I waver back and forth each day about where I should go. Which would you guys choose and why?

Members don't see this ad.

my choice is pretty easy. utsw accepted me, baylor rejected without even an interview. not bitter or anything, but houston's a lil too humid for me neways :rolleyes:

From talking to people in academic medicine in Texas, UTSW is known as a research powerhouse while Baylor is more well-rounded. Baylor has top basic science departments as well as the best clinical facilities in the south, except for that school in Durham, NC :) . Baylor's curriculum is also a plus. I would say that if there is someone doing research at UTSW that you feel like you MUST work with, then Dallas is the best choice. Otherwise Baylor, as the more well-rounded school, seems like the better choice. Both are amazing schools, so you can't really go wrong.