UVA v. UNC Chapel Hill for Pre Med

hollyfuzzybear

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a high school senior and was fortunate enough to receive full ride scholarships to both UVA and UNC Chapel Hill. I like them equally but hope to go premed with the goal of becoming a surgeon. Which school do you recommend for pre med and why? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you can reach your goal from either school, and they're probably more similar than not considering both are public universities. In general, I would say there are a lot of opportunities, but you really need to take the initiative to find out about them and apply to them yourself. If you want more specific details, feel free to PM me.

I can only speak to UVA and know zero things about UNC, but it is super convenient to have the UVA hospital within walking distance during undergrad so that you can volunteer weekly starting first year. Also, there are a lot of opportunities within the local community for scribe/medical assistant work, which is another nice perk. Ultimately, I would imagine they both have a ton of premeds and moderately competitive environments, so regardless you are going to have to work hard and really want it to be successful. Feel free to pm if you have anymore UVA questions! Go hoos!