Uvm Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone actually called the admin office since we began hearing of movement on SDN? I am curious to know how much movement is actually happening, but they havent responded to any of my calls since wendsday last week.

It's getting me all excited with thoughts of being ignored due to a impending acceptance!

help, im nuts

Probably should finish up and leave work early before I do something wrong.

W

Members don't see this ad.

windzilla said:
has anyone actually called the admin office since we began hearing of movement on SDN? I am curious to know how much movement is actually happening, but they havent responded to any of my calls since wendsday last week.

It's getting me all excited with thoughts of being ignored due to a impending acceptance!

help, im nuts

Probably should finish up and leave work early before I do something wrong.

W

I talked to Mary Campbell last Wednesday. She said that there has been a little bit of movement in the top tier and that a few people have been taken off the list. And she also added to remain hopeful. So, lets be hopeful that one of us will get THE acceptance call.

hey thanks guys..eena it was uvm that i got accepted to. by the way i got the call from tiffany delaney who is the director of admissions. for those of you wondering when i got the call it was today at 10:50am. she also knew that i have been callin the admissions office talkin to mary. so for all those waiting if u are serious about uvm then keep contacting the office. let them know that you want to be there.

im so relieved this was my only acceptance and second year applying. now i can enjoy my summer.

good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
YEAH, Congrats jiggaman!!
:clap: :hardy: :clap:

jiggaman said:
hey thanks guys..eena it was uvm that i got accepted to. by the way i got the call from tiffany delaney who is the director of admissions. for those of you wondering when i got the call it was today at 10:50am. she also knew that i have been callin the admissions office talkin to mary. so for all those waiting if u are serious about uvm then keep contacting the office. let them know that you want to be there.

im so relieved this was my only acceptance and second year applying. now i can enjoy my summer.

good luck everyone

Have a great Summer!

jiggaman said:

good luck everyone

Yes!!! I'm so happy for you, jiggaman! :D Congratulations!!! :thumbup: :clap: Gluck to those of you still waiting. I hope you all hear good news soon. :luck:

Anybody called on Monday?
What is the current news?

I might call on Wednesday June 29.

eena said:
Anybody called on Monday?
What is the current news?

I might call on Wednesday June 29.

Yep i called monday and mary shot me an email back.

she said that

"There has been a little movement on the waitlist. We aren't sure if it will continue, but do check in again next week"

so, while it is a "little" movement, it's much more promising than no movment at all.

Besides, "a ittle" is relative, and often the harbinger of alot, (also the harbinger of none, but lets not think that way)

Hope that answered your question, be sure and post your findings should you call monday eena.

B

windzilla said:
Yep i called monday and mary shot me an email back.

she said that

"There has been a little movement on the waitlist. We aren't sure if it will continue, but do check in again next week"

so, while it is a "little" movement, it's much more promising than no movment at all.

Besides, "a ittle" is relative, and often the harbinger of alot, (also the harbinger of none, but lets not think that way)

Hope that answered your question, be sure and post your findings should you call monday eena. B

Yep, little movement is much more promising!
I will try to call on Wednesday anyway, although I will probably get the same thing from Mary.

just keep on keepin' on!

i got the call this morning (tuesday) as well from Ms. Delaney and am so excited to join the rest of you at UVM..

don't give up just yet but keep believin' and hopin'!! :love: :luck: :clap:

boonguh said:
just keep on keepin' on!

i got the call this morning (tuesday) as well from Ms. Delaney and am so excited to join the rest of you at UVM..

don't give up just yet but keep believin' and hopin'!! :love: :luck: :clap:

boonguh, hope you wont have trouble finding a place?

Wow, three (or more) people taken off the waitlist this week. It is about time UVM starts tapping into the list!

So, there is clearly some movement going on.

Who will be next????!!!!

:luck::luck::luck:

those who just got accepted at UVM,

visit this thread every now and then..... let US (those hopeful alternate applicants) know how's preparation going, tips on housing, financial aid, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today and talked to Mary. She confirmed that a couple or so people have been accepted from the alternate list. She gave me the impression that this is all for this week unless more people withdraw. Nevertheless, there is movement; thus, some hope for us who are waiting patiently and eagerly.

:clap: :luck::clap: :luck::clap:

iheartuvm said:
Dear UVM, Please take me next. I promise to be the bestest student you ever had. Sincerely, IheartUVM

congrats to jiggaman and boonguh! yeah take me too....i promise to not complain about anything and be 100% obedient....
]:clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck:

st. pius v said:
congrats to jiggaman and boonguh! yeah take me too....i promise to not complain about anything and be 100% obedient....
]:clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck: :clap: :luck:
bump

eena said:

Good luck eena, iheartuvm, windzilla, st.pius and all those still waiting. UVM rocks and I'm crossing my fingers for you! Crazy how wrapped up in this I get - I withdrew from UVM waitlist and yet I keep checking this thread cause I'm so curious what happens w/ you guys and I SO BADLY want you to get what you want!!

Best of luck :luck: :) :luck: :) :luck:

Awww, what a sweetheart you are! :love: Sure you don't want to be at UVM with us? ;)

Tigger Tigger burning bright,

thanks dude/man whathaveyou.

have a happy fourth and good luck! hope to someday knowyou as a collegue.

B (W)

Tigger27 said:
Good luck eena, iheartuvm, windzilla, st.pius and all those still waiting. UVM rocks and I'm crossing my fingers for you! Crazy how wrapped up in this I get - I withdrew from UVM waitlist and yet I keep checking this thread cause I'm so curious what happens w/ you guys and I SO BADLY want you to get what you want!!

LOL. That's crazy, but I feel the same way. I withdrew from UVM, but I keep checking this thread to see what's happening to those of you still waiting. :oops: Good luck everybody! :luck:

I've been checking in every so often, too. Good luck to everbody waiting! I know how hard it is to be in limbo like this.

Tigger27 said:

Thanks Tigger27!

windzilla said:
Good, patiently waiting, any news?

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
always WHERE under WHERE
or
always WEAR under WEAR (clean ones please...you will never know when you will be in an accident and remember that 'trauma patients are naked patients')
:laugh::clap::laugh::clap::laugh::clap::laugh:

eena said:
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
always WHERE under WHERE
or
always WEAR under WEAR (clean ones please...you will never know when you will be in an accident and remember that 'trauma patients are naked patients')
:laugh::clap::laugh::clap::laugh::clap::laugh:

I was once in a car accident wearing only underpants (I was sleeping in the back, it was a halloween party, nobody was drunk) that said, "come on over to my pad" which unfortunately were lost to the doctors sheers, they ment alot to me.

also, no new movement.

windzilla said:
I was once in a car accident wearing only underpants (I was sleeping in the back, it was a halloween party, nobody was drunk) that said, "come on over to my pad" which unfortunately were lost to the doctors sheers, they ment alot to me.

also, no new movement.

Sorry for your loss. I am sure you will find new underpants that will give you the same comfort and joy.

NO MOVEMENT? When is the next aftershock? I really hope that there will be more movement.

UVM is so kick ass this year, with its VIC and friendly students and staff (among the distinguished ones of course is Mary Campbell), that everybody wants to go there.

Anyway, lets add more :luck: to this thread.

:luck::clap::luck::clap::luck::clap::luck:

windzilla Any Movement? QUOTE said:
i dont know....but still shakin' :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: getting a little tired of shakin' but not giving up hope....so, still shakin' :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

any movement?

I am going to be giving up my spot at UVM. So one should become available.

lyalya5 said:
I am going to be giving up my spot at UVM. So one should become available.

Thanks lyalya5 for informing us.

MOVEMENT!!!!!!!
:luck::clap::luck::clap::luck:

I'm the middle tier and called today and was told that I should make other plans.

BobA said:
I'm the middle tier and called today and was told that I should make other plans.

no crap!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

BobA said:
ST. PIUS V TO THE RESCUE.....I"M HERE TO CLEAR THE AIR A LITTLE. Apparently, no one at UVM has asked anybody from the waiting list to make "other" plans. To make such a statement is misleading as well as inappropriate as the movement is so highly unpredictable. Spoke to Ms. Mary Campbell today and she was concerned that such a statement would cause unfounded widespread panic attack- (it did me....i went into a hypovolemic shock yesterday!!). Well, be hopeful- the wait-list will not close until after first week when class of 2009 starts. Thanks, Ms. Campbell for clearing the air and for thinking about us :)
OK....since I've recovered from the shock, I'm going to continue to.....
shake, yes, c'mon shake it :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

*BobA might have misunderstood*

st. pius v said:
ST. PIUS V TO THE RESCUE.....I"M HERE TO CLEAR THE AIR A LITTLE. Apparently, no one at UVM has asked anybody from the waiting list to make "other" plans. To make such a statement is misleading as well as inappropriate as the movement is so highly unpredictable. Spoke to Ms. Mary Campbell today and she was concerned that such a statement would cause unfounded widespread panic attack- (it did me....i went into a hyporvolemic shock yesterday!!). Well, be hopeful- the wait-list will not close until after first week when class of 2009 starts. Thanks, Ms. Campbell for clearing the air and for thinking about us :)
OK....since I've recovered from the shock, I'm going to continue to.....
shake, yes, c'mon shake it :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

*BobA might have misunderstood*

Thanks St. Pius for instilling some confidence to those who are willing to wait until the end and for helping avoid yet another devastating panick attack and hypervolemic shock.

Hope that your shaking and my shaking will lead to some movement.
:clap::clap:

Excuse me, I paraphrased. I was told

"If you have other options, you might want to pursue those."

Followed by the same-old "but you never know. . ."

I'm sorry if I caused you all to freak out. I've been freaking out for so long I just don't even feel it anymore.

It was a big deal for me not to get in. I have lived in Vermont for two years, and have really made a home there for over three years.

Also, I'm not you. Maybe you're ranked higher than me. I'm currently holding a spot at a school that starts on the 25th of July. Maybe they don't want to accept me so close to that other school's deadline, and risk making that other school mad. Maybe I'm just at the bottom of the middle tier.

BobA said:
Excuse me, I paraphrased. I was told

"If you have other options, you might want to pursue those."

Followed by the same-old "but you never know. . ."

I'm sorry if I caused you all to freak out. I've been freaking out for so long I just don't even feel it anymore.

It was a big deal for me not to get in. I have lived in Vermont for two years, and have really made a home there for over three years.

Also, I'm not you. Maybe you're ranked higher than me. I'm currently holding a spot at a school that starts on the 25th of July. Maybe they don't want to accept me so close to that other school's deadline, and risk making that other school mad. Maybe I'm just at the bottom of the middle tier.

Congratulations! Your school starts so early! Enjoy the rest of your Summer vacation!

eena said:
Congratulations! Your school starts so early! Enjoy the rest of your Summer vacation!
thanks. I'm going hiking for a little while. But it's still tough to leave a life you've been building.

I'm trying to take it as motivation to do well in school so that I can get a residency at Fletcher Allen when all is said and done. It sounds cliche, but all I really want in life is to be a rural family practicioner in vermont.

Good luck!

:clap: :clap: :horns: sorry, i just had this hope of coming back from a short vaction and the list was flowing like the amazon.

keep on moving :luck: :luck:

I contacted the office this week and was told that there is a little movement on the waitlist, but it is not clear if the movement is happening in the top tier and if people are still being pulled from the list.

The list is still open, so there is still a chance for us.

:luck::clap::luck::clap::luck::clap::luck:

patiently waiting?

Anyway, here is more luck to those who are still waiting (myself included)!
:luck::clap::luck::clap::luck:

anybody planning to call this week?

eena said:
patiently waiting?

just called this afternoon- little movement....it seems this incoming class of 2009 is a stable group. everyone is realizing what a treasure UVM med school is....i'm preparing to re-apply to UVM coz I REALLY DIG UVM and i will continue to apply and re-apply until i'm 80 yrs. old to UVM (hey, the Pope got his job when he just turned 78).
i'm continuing to shake but pretty soon, i'll have to see my orthopedic doctor for a hip replacement due to excessive shaking that i've done and still.....shakin' :clap::clap::clap::clap:

st. pius v said:
just called this afternoon- little movement....it seems this incoming class of 2009 is a stable group. everyone is realizing what a treasure UVM med school is....i'm preparing to re-apply to UVM coz I REALLY DIG UVM and i will continue to apply and re-apply until i'm 80 yrs. old to UVM (hey, the Pope got his job when he just turned 78).
i'm continuing to shake but pretty soon, i'll have to see my orthopedic doctor for a hip replacement due to excessive shaking that i've done and still.....shakin' :clap::clap::clap::clap:

lets keep waiting.........
:clap::luck::clap::luck::clap:

Don't give up, st. pius v! Keep the faith like eena! It's not over yet!! :oops:

Good luck guys!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I hope you both get in! :clap:

good luck guys..there's def time left naything can happen..one of my friends just found out they got accepted to one of their top choices..

eena or st.pius..any news??? There's one more week left im pullin for u guys to get in..goodluck

jiggaman said:
eena or st.pius..any news??? There's one more week left im pullin for u guys to get in..goodluck

seriously, i hope that theres one last surge so that eena and pius will join the class. peace out!