UW Madison or U Mich?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigvinny2014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very lucky to have been offered admission at nearly every program I have applied to so far. I interviewed and was accepted at UW Madison and University of Michigan. I have an upcoming interview at UCSF.

I am at a major impasse here and this decision is honestly eating me alive. Looking for advice, experiences, and literally anything to help me make a decision here. I didn't really rank my schools while I was applying because I was just hoping to get in anywhere.

Some considerations:
I am a WI resident, so my costs would be minimized at Madison.
I have a strong interest in hospital pharmacy and industry.
I would like to stay away from community (though I realize it will be hard).

Let me hear your input please because I am really struggling!!

Members don't see this ad.

Since you went to the interview I am sure the program discuss about their goals and the focus of their program. I got accepted to the the U of Minnesota and they are big on Medicall therapy management and interprofessionalism incorporating their program deeply in clinical, hospital and ambulatory care. I say you should look deeper into the programs you are admitted to.

I'm going through a similar situation myself. How do you like both programs?
I'm not familiar with minnesota's program but madison seemed to have solid ties to hospital pharmacy and had excellent residency match rates (88%) .

If these are similar for both schools then maybe look in the environment of the school? Personally I loved the vibes I got walking around Madison (and the people were SO nice)! Might be worth thinking about since you'll be spending at least 4 years of your life there.