• JHU if I get in

• Duke if I get in

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

deleted842777

Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is for undergrad I'd say probably UT Austin, you'd want to minimize undergrad debt plus staying in TX will ensure you get that sweet sweet in-state Texas residency for TMDSAS to hook you up for med school admissions
I personally don't think there's enough of a difference or benefit at either of the other two schools to warrant paying the extra 20-30K for your undergrad education
Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I agree completely with ˆ. I did my undergrad at one of the schools where you're waitlisted. You'll have access to enough research at UT Austin (especially if you choose a project wisely), will have less debt, and will likely have an easier time keeping a high GPA. Check out the GPA to graduate "with distinction" (Bio major) at both schools where you're waitlisted to get a good idea of how easy a 3.7 might be...

Members don't see this ad :)
If this is for undergrad I'd say probably UT Austin, you'd want to minimize undergrad debt plus staying in TX will ensure you get that sweet sweet in-state Texas residency for TMDSAS to hook you up for med school admissions
I personally don't think there's enough of a difference or benefit at either of the other two schools to warrant paying the extra 20-30K for your undergrad education
Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

While applying to med school, don't they factor in where you did your pre med? If yes, wouldn't UNC be the better pick?

While applying to med school, don't they factor in where you did your pre med? If yes, wouldn't UNC be the better pick?

Some ivy's/top 10s/top 20s prefer other ivy's/top 10s/top 20s. Brown comes to mind here. However, I have a friend at Harvard now who did his undergrad and masters at a state school in the midwest. If your GPA/MCAT/ECs are good, you'll definitely be competitive everywhere (even Brown)...

imo both are pretty good schools, and since both UNC and UT Austin aren't top 10-15 undergrads, it's not worth the price gap. If the other choice was a top 10, then that would be a different story. Austin is so much cheaper and more effective, I think you should go there instead...

Thank you slippydubloons, nucleispins and symphonies for your help!! I really appreciate it :)