UWorld and NBME Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonzie37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm just over half-way finished with UWorld and my overall average is 65%. I just did a NBME test and I scored 430 (205). Does that sound about right? I had thought that 65% wasn't so bad but now I feel like I'm a little screwed. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

When you do UWorld, do you do it random and timed? With that percentage, ~230 is a more reasonable NBME score.

Right now I'm just over half-way finished with UWorld and my overall average is 65%. I just did a NBME test and I scored 430 (205). Does that sound about right? I had thought that 65% wasn't so bad but now I feel like I'm a little screwed. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Which NBME did you take?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been doing them by subject. I spend a day learning from First Aid and the next day I do QBanks (usually 3) on that subject. All in timed mode.

I did Form 12 this morning.

Part of the skill of prepping for the exam comes from doing mixed sets of questions, so your 65% is inflated since you did them by system, with that reading fresh in your mind. You should start doing those with remaining questions from UWorld, because that's what the real exam and NBMEs are like. Your percent probably will drop slightly when you start doing the mixed sets, but don't get too frustrated by that. With practice it will come up slowly, but you really should start practicing with that.