Uworld and usmlerx combined

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chromuffin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I use both concurrently with classes? I started cardio doing only rx but I feel like I'm missing out on uworld right now. I wanted to use 1 qbank to assess but I feel like I should just bite the bullet. Have people done this and done the typical NBMEs and UWSAs for score assessment? I'm getting anxiety because my test date is the end of May and I only have 12 days of true dedicated. I hear it works well because you're fresh off path and pharm but I'm not sure. Anyways, I digress, does anyone recommend using both untimed and on tutor mode?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should I use both concurrently with classes? I started cardio doing only rx but I feel like I'm missing out on uworld right now. I wanted to use 1 qbank to assess but I feel like I should just bite the bullet. Have people done this and done the typical NBMEs and UWSAs for score assessment? I'm getting anxiety because my test date is the end of May and I only have 12 days of true dedicated. I hear it works well because you're fresh off path and pharm but I'm not sure. Anyways, I digress, does anyone recommend using both untimed and on tutor mode?
Situation would probably require more dissection, etc. But long story short is if your exam is end of May I'd do Rx now until you hit March, then start UWorld. Be done with UW by mid-May. Then transition to NBME exams and FA only. Everything else is a waste of your time really.

I'll throw in my input but my test is 1 month later than yours and I'll have 5 weeks of dedicated. Hope it may give some insight.

I started doing untimed tutor usmlerx qbank sections that corresponded with the organ system path we were currently learning in school. Recently I've been reading alot about step1 experiences and alot of people regret using usmlerx and instead wish they spent more time doing uworld. This block, I decided to take the plunge and not do RX and just do untimed tutor uworld for the organ system.

Less than a week later (now), I'm back to using RX. The questions in uworld are so multi-disciplinary in focus and there arent too many straight up pathophys or pharm questions. Getting through a 40q endocrine block took me 1.5 full days of studying because of all the biochem / physio review thats necessary if you're trying to learn from each question.

As soon as our path course is over (next month) I will switch back to uworld as I will be doing prededicated review of ms1 material (and will have time for it). Right now I figure I just need to focus on learning the pathology, pathophys, and common presentations - all of which usmlerx is great for. Our organ blocks are around 9-10 days long each for pathophys+pharm so theres really no time to learn extra info if I want to learn the pathophys/pharm adequately (aside from watching a sketchy pharm and micro video every day).

I'm averaging ~90% correct on usmlerx , but was ~40% on uworld. This was just from the endo block and more than 1/3 of uworld endo questions are biochem, so that may be why.

TLDR: If I were in your shoes, I would still do RX if its your first pass ever through the material. I think its valuable for solidifying the diseases and their presentations, and you can bang through these questions quickly (like, an entire organ system of questions /w review in a day if you've already watched pathoma/read FA/read your class notes for the block so that alot of them are gimmies to you). If you are reviewing something you've already learned and been tested on in school, I'd use Uworld only.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for the input. I've been doing Uworld on untimed tutor mode. I've been averaging around 50% with the cardio section that we have learned but I have not truly spent a lot of time reviewing the material other than physiology (my weakest subject). I want to run through UWorld 2x (1 time before spring break in March) and another after march. My strategy has been to do around 60 questions a day, 6 days a week (minus exam weeks). I really want to use Rx as I wanted to really solidify FA, but I feel like I don't have the time to just read through first aid. At least not until my score would be around a 225-230. Nerves I guess. I've been answering a question, then reviewing the material in-depth in first aid and pathoma. It's really shown me that I absolutely suck at pathophysiology when it comes to something in-depth, haha.