UWorld For Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Racecar142019

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question for using Uworld. I am planning to use UWorld for rotations, but I would like to have a printed document. Can I copy and paste the explanations from UWorld answers from the questions onto a Word document? I do not know if this is allowed, but I am asking on SDN to avoid any issues.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Technically speaking, UWorld blocks that ability and it against their Terms of Service (ToS) to replicate the material. The purpose of that ToS is prevent theft of the resource and sharing between people which would eliminate their income.

Some could argue that if you use it for only yourself, you aren't really violating the ToS, but you only pay for temporary access and would be creating a permanent document, it is probably a no-no as well. Would UWorld ever find out? No idea.

Technically speaking, UWorld blocks that ability and it against their Terms of Service (ToS) to replicate the material. The purpose of that ToS is prevent theft of the resource and sharing between people which would eliminate their income.

Some could argue that if you use it for only yourself, you aren't really violating the ToS, but you only pay for temporary access and would be creating a permanent document, it is probably a no-no as well. Would UWorld ever find out? No idea.

They don't block it anymore. That copyright UWorld joke was funny while it lasted, though.

Edit: Well they still block the copy and paste, but you can screenshot now

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would go with MKSAP for rotations and leave the UW for hard core Step study (although it’ll be P/F soon)

I would counter this and say that clerkship grades seem to matter more on the interview trail than my step 2 does.

I'm thankful i used UWORLD to prepare for Shelf exams.

Reactions: 1 users
I used to study with a partner by discussing about different cases and with the help of a new diagnostic tool called Kahun.
you can check it out here: diagnose.kahun.com

Hello,

I have a question for using Uworld. I am planning to use UWorld for rotations, but I would like to have a printed document. Can I copy and paste the explanations from UWorld answers from the questions onto a Word document? I do not know if this is allowed, but I am asking on SDN to avoid any issues.

Thank you.
Distribution of UWorld copies on here is most likely against SDN ToS. I personally have spent at least a 1000 hours on UWorld and think having it on anything other than an electronic format is inferior. In case you're wondering, the preloaded Windows "Snipping Tool" at least currently allows you to "snip" UWorld screenshots onto another space (OneNote, Word, etc.) and presumably that's where you find all these boot legged copies of "offline UWorld" or "UWorld Notes". People snip screenshots, compile them, and distribute/sell them. I suspect there were multiple different snipping tools that bypassed whatever UWorld was able to detect hence why UWorld has dropped the effort of preventing screenshots and have invested more time into making their electronic subscription superior. Here are some things they've done you may not be aware of:

1.) Search function in case you need to review a specific topic which will give you all the times that topic was references.
2.) Flash card/Note taking features in case you need to do things within UWorld
3.) Colored Highlighter features.
4.) Questions are updated/added daily. I was redoing my bank and ran into a pretty difficult question of out left field and saw it has 100% correct response rate and was like WTF until I looked at the date and saw it had been added that day itself.
5.) A IPhone app with all features 1-4 for portability.

If you really need to do this, I suppose you could answer every question and snip the question and explanations. It would probably take a solid day of prep and you're going to spoil tons of questions.

Last edited:
Distribution of UWorld copies on here is most likely against SDN ToS. I personally have spent 1000s of hours on UWorld and think having them on anything other than a computer format is unhelpful. In case you're wondering, the snipping tool allows you to copy UWorld screenshots onto other area (OneNote, Word, etc.) and that's where you find all these boot legged copies of UWorld. People snip screenshots, compile them, and distribute/sell them. I think UWorld has gone above & beyond to make their software helpful with the following:

1.) Search function in case you need to review a specific topic
2.) Flash card/Note taking features in case you need to do things within UWorld
3.) Colored Highlighter features.
4.) A IPhone app with all the features.

There should be no reason for print copies. If you really need one I suppose you could answer every question and snip the question and explanations. It would probably take a solid day or two and you're probably to spoil tons of questions but that would be the way to do what you want.

Yeah, he was asking about getting a printed copy himself from his own subscription, not asking if he can get someone to give it to him.

Reactions: 1 user