UWSOD- Seattle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUkid

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about applying here next year, simply because I enjoy the rain, the city, and the college is one of the best in the nation
So whats the instate-outstate ratio? Are they out of state friendly?

Members don't see this ad.

They strongly favor WA residents.

For OOS they seem to favor select WICHE states.

I applied this cycle with a slim chance at acceptance due to non-residency and received the supplemental.

If you want to attend and have a unique/competitive application I say go for it.
Hows the area outside the campus, I know its in Seattle but is it "in" the city? I saw something about it being in a low income neighborhood.

Hows the area outside the campus, I know its in Seattle but is it "in" the city? I saw something about it being in a low income neighborhood.
you might ask teddy bear haha

Members don't see this ad :)
you might ask teddy bear haha
Curiosity, OSU is a low income as well surrounding it. Are you calling me a teddy bear? Or should I ask tooth knock the real teddy bear? haha

Safety is a non-issue in the area surrounding the dental school. The only issue is rent prices. Also, I don't know where you're from, but like the post above me stated, if you're not from Washington or a WICHE state it's gonna be tough going trying to get in. I would love it there but as a CT resident did not even bother applying.

There is a little bit of crime around the area since it is a city after all. I went to the school for four years and lived in the U district for those years. People get robbed at gun-point from time to time, and a friend here and there had a phone stolen off them, but generally you are fine. I never had any issues myself and I never felt unsafe walking around alone at 3 am. Police in Seattle are somewhat slow to respond but the campus has its own police force that respond quickly.

As for the OP, there is very small chance that out of state applicants get invited to the school. I wouldn't be too invested in going to the school if you are not from Washington or the WICHE states.

It is very much in the city. Seattle is a large city. If you mean is it in downtown? No, just a short ways away. I wouldn't consider it being in a low income neighborhood since rent prices are really high in the neighborhood.

Rent is high in Seattle and parking is expensive.The U district is ok. I was regularly up walking around late and never experienced any issues. It is a city and things do happen so it is advisable to be aware of your surroundings, or go out in groups. Apartments will range from decent to pretty gross. You can find a good place fairly close to the school, though. Public transportation is great too, so living a little farther from campus is not too much of a burden. I really enjoyed living there and would have stayed if I could.

But I love the school and the rain, its not fair -_-