This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jamesdwa

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a pre-dental freshman this year at University of Washington-Seattle, and I am planning on becoming a RA this upcoming Winter quarter because there is an opened position.

I find it as an opportunity to improve my communication skills, build community, learn from diverse experiences that I may counter, and other traits.

I am wondering if this is a good idea for me, or if any current dental students has been an RA during their undergrad.

What are some other extracurricular should I focus on? I job shadowed twice already during my fall quarter, and I am wanting to participate in SHPEP.
 
I am a pre-dental freshman this year at University of Washington-Seattle, and I am planning on becoming a RA this upcoming Winter quarter because there is an opened position.

I find it as an opportunity to improve my communication skills, build community, learn from diverse experiences that I may counter, and other traits.

I am wondering if this is a good idea for me, or if any current dental students has been an RA during their undergrad.

What are some other extracurricular should I focus on? I job shadowed twice already during my fall quarter, and I am wanting to participate in SHPEP.
it's a good opportunity as long as it doesn't interfere with getting good grades
volunteer at dental school, join the predental club, volunteer in the community, shadow more
 
New dentist here. I was a RA for 2 years in college, and that was the most valuable experience for me. I was able to talk a lot about that experience during my interviews, and what I got from it.