This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamesdwa

Reaction score
I am a pre-dental freshman this year at University of Washington-Seattle, and I am planning on becoming a RA this upcoming Winter quarter because there is an opened position.

I find it as an opportunity to improve my communication skills, build community, learn from diverse experiences that I may counter, and other traits.

I am wondering if this is a good idea for me, or if any current dental students has been an RA during their undergrad.

What are some other extracurricular should I focus on? I job shadowed twice already during my fall quarter, and I am wanting to participate in SHPEP.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a pre-dental freshman this year at University of Washington-Seattle, and I am planning on becoming a RA this upcoming Winter quarter because there is an opened position.

I find it as an opportunity to improve my communication skills, build community, learn from diverse experiences that I may counter, and other traits.

I am wondering if this is a good idea for me, or if any current dental students has been an RA during their undergrad.

What are some other extracurricular should I focus on? I job shadowed twice already during my fall quarter, and I am wanting to participate in SHPEP.
it's a good opportunity as long as it doesn't interfere with getting good grades
volunteer at dental school, join the predental club, volunteer in the community, shadow more

Reactions: 1 user
New dentist here. I was a RA for 2 years in college, and that was the most valuable experience for me. I was able to talk a lot about that experience during my interviews, and what I got from it.