You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VA DPT Schools 2020-2021
Started by VAprept104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
VAprept104
Full Member
I didn't apply to Lynchburg or Marymount but I did apply to Shenandoah, VCU, Hampton and Murphy Deming. Have you heard back from any of these other VA schools?
I don't think Shenandoah is going to inform applicants about interviews until November since they have already scheduled interview days for December. VCU also sent an email saying they would have news before April 1st... hopefully they'll tell students before that! I didn't apply to Hampton but I did receive an interview to Murphy Deming for Oct 23rd!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay I think I got the same emails you did from Shenandoah and VCU a little while back so that is good to know! Good luck on your interview!I don't think Shenandoah is going to inform applicants about interviews until November since they have already scheduled interview days for December. VCU also sent an email saying they would have news before April 1st... hopefully they'll tell students before that! I didn't apply to Hampton but I did receive an interview to Murphy Deming for Oct 23rd!
VAprept104
Full Member
Hopefully we will hear back soon!! I haven't really gotten a gist of when they usually inform people of app updates
I applied to Marymount and have also not heard anything back yet.
Lynchburg said that their committee was meeting sometime in October to review applications. However their due date isn’t until jan or feb so it’s entirely possible we won’t hear anything until then.
I haven’t submitted my app to Hampton yet so obviously I haven’t heard anything, but I interviewed with Emory & Henry at the beginning of September and I’m just waiting to hear back about that
I haven’t submitted my app to Hampton yet so obviously I haven’t heard anything, but I interviewed with Emory & Henry at the beginning of September and I’m just waiting to hear back about that
VAprept104
Full Member
I just received an acceptance from Lynchburg!!Lynchburg said that their committee was meeting sometime in October to review applications. However their due date isn’t until jan or feb so it’s entirely possible we won’t hear anything until then.
I haven’t submitted my app to Hampton yet so obviously I haven’t heard anything, but I interviewed with Emory & Henry at the beginning of September and I’m just waiting to hear back about that
Congrats! I’m hoping to hear something soon.. when did you submit your app?I just received an acceptance from Lynchburg!!
VAprept104
Full Member
Thank you so much! I applied in early AugustCongrats! I’m hoping to hear something soon.. when did you submit your app?
I submitted mid July :-(Thank you so much! I applied in early August
Oh well, no news is good news I guess
VAprept104
Full Member
I also got accepted to E&H!Hi all,
I applied to Shenandoah University and Emory & Henry. I got accepted to Emory & Henry today.
Good luck everyone!
7_L10NS
Full Member
Congrats! Is it your top choice?I also got accepted to E&H!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
VAprept104
Full Member
Thank you so much! It's not, I'm going to decline the offer so that'll open a spot up!Congrats! Is it your top choice?
VAprept104
Full Member
I just got an interview from Radford for next week, I heard back this morning!Has anyone heard from Radford? I heard back from Marymount this past weekend and have an interview with them on 11/21.
I just got an interview from Radford for next week, I heard back this morning!
When did you submit your application?
VAprept104
Full Member
Early August!When did you submit your application?
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I just got into Lynchburg and I’m waiting for radford, Shenandoah, Murphy Deming. I applied Late September and just applied to Lynchburg mid October so I wasnt Expecting it. I’m only 20 so I was nervous about getting in any of them. I’m submitting VCU and ODU tonight because they are cheaper. My top is vcu, Lynchburg or Shenandoah all for different reasons but yeah. So happy for everyone and wishing everyone luck in interviews coming up! I havent Gotten any emails about interviews but hopefully soon. I also am not sure what to do about letting Lynchburg know my answer because the deposit date is November 18th and I likely Won’t know if ive been accepted anywhere else till well after.
I'm anxiously waiting to hear something from Radford as well. I got the email on Monday saying my application was in review but that's all I have heard. I assume we will hear something very soon since interviews are next week?Has anyone heard from Radford? I heard back from Marymount this past weekend and have an interview with them on 11/21.
VAprept104
Full Member
I am in the same boat with lynchburg!! it is very stressful. Hopefully other schools start getting back soon!I just got into Lynchburg and I’m waiting for radford, Shenandoah, Murphy Deming. I applied Late September and just applied to Lynchburg mid October so I wasnt Expecting it. I’m only 20 so I was nervous about getting in any of them. I’m submitting VCU and ODU tonight because they are cheaper. My top is vcu, Lynchburg or Shenandoah all for different reasons but yeah. So happy for everyone and wishing everyone luck in interviews coming up! I havent Gotten any emails about interviews but hopefully soon. I also am not sure what to do about letting Lynchburg know my answer because the deposit date is November 18th and I likely Won’t know if ive been accepted anywhere else till well after.
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I'm anxiously waiting to hear something from Radford as well. I got the email on Monday saying my application was in review but that's all I have heard. I assume we will hear something very soon since interviews are next week?
I submitted radford October 6th and just received an email this morning with an interview. Hopefully you hear back soon!! I think They will email up until Monday (?)
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I am in the same boat with lynchburg!! it is very stressful. Hopefully other schools start getting back soon!
I know!! It’s so expensive compared to other schools so I’m hoping for Atleast one more yes from somewhere else. I know The fee is fully refundable until mid feb but 1000 dollars is a lot of money for them to just hold. I’m going to the info session so I may ask after or email them asking for an extension! I’ve heard of people doing that as well for other schools.
VAprept104
Full Member
Yeah I saw that its refundable so may go that route until I hear back from VCU, Shenandoah, & the Radford interview!! Thats smart though I hope they allow you to do that!I know!! It’s so expensive compared to other schools so I’m hoping for Atleast one more yes from somewhere else. I know The fee is fully refundable until mid feb but 1000 dollars is a lot of money for them to just hold. I’m going to the info session so I may ask after or email them asking for an extension! I’ve heard of people doing that as well for other schools.
VAprept104
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from Murphy Deming after last Friday's interview? I know I am being impatient, they just said they were meeting right after the interviews so to expect emails extremely soon.. the waiting game is hard!
Has anyone heard back from Murphy Deming after last Friday's interview? I know I am being impatient, they just said they were meeting right after the interviews so to expect emails extremely soon.. the waiting game is hard!
hey!! I’m a current student at Lynchburg for undergrad and it’s a great school. I would have definitely applied if they had an OT program but unfortunately they don’t. I also had an interview last Friday with Murphy Deming but I haven’t heard back yet either. It’s super hard to wait because I am impatient haha. Let me know if you hear anything!
shortysmorty
Full Member
Hey all, I just wanted to let you guys know that ODU emailed out yesterday saying that for the 2021 start, they're going to be all online for Anatomy and Clinical Sciences. Accepted students won't have to arrive to Norfolk until August. That'll probably affect my decision if I get in.
VAprept104
Full Member
I got accepted into Murphy Deming last night!hey!! I’m a current student at Lynchburg for undergrad and it’s a great school. I would have definitely applied if they had an OT program but unfortunately they don’t. I also had an interview last Friday with Murphy Deming but I haven’t heard back yet either. It’s super hard to wait because I am impatient haha. Let me know if you hear anything!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! I am curious to see if anyone else has heard back!I got accepted into Murphy Deming last night!
Pretty sure it’s just deferrals. I interviewed back at the beginning of September and was only told that I’d receive a decision after all interviews were completed. Though from my experience last year, everyone that is offered an interview is either accepted right off or put on the waitlist. Nobody that interviews is outright deniedHas anyone actually been waitlists to Emory and Henry or is it just deferrals to next interview round right now?
VAprept104
Full Member
Congrats!!! I got accepted a week or so after my interview! The interview was pretty relaxed, you interview with one other applicant and you go back & forth with the basic interview questions! Nothing to stress over!Received invite to interview with Murphy Deming next Friday! Any insight from those who have already been accepted would be appreciated!
bnm25
Full Member
Thanks for the insight! And congratulations on the acceptance!Congrats!!! I got accepted a week or so after my interview! The interview was pretty relaxed, you interview with one other applicant and you go back & forth with the basic interview questions! Nothing to stress over!
VAprept104
Full Member
I got an interview last night from SU!
Oof haven’t heard anything yet. What were your stats if you don’t mind me askingI got an interview last night from SU!
7_L10NS
Full Member
I got an interview from SU last night as well. However, I will not be attending as I have been accepted to a program in my home state, so it’ll open up another spot for someone else. It’s a great program from what I see on their website. But I am prioritizing saving money on tuition. Good luck every one!
VAprept104
Full Member
cgpa: 3.6, pgpa: 3.5, GRE quant 150 qual 158 4 on writing, 200 hours, a lot of leadership roles in extracurriculars, 1 rec from a physics professor, 2 from PT'sOof haven’t heard anything yet. What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking
VAprept104
Full Member
Has anyone heard back from Radford after the interview?
I got an interview last night from SU!
When did you submit your app?
VAprept104
Full Member
Early August!When did you submit your app?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I dont expect we will hear back until after thanksgiving... December 15th is the latest we hear back so I’m guessing around the first week of December (it would be nice if it was before though lol)Has anyone heard back from Radford after the interview?
VAprept104
Full Member
I was not aware of that but that sucks!! Thanks for letting me know!I dont expect we will hear back until after thanksgiving... December 15th is the latest we hear back so I’m guessing around the first week of December (it would be nice if it was before though lol)
VAprept104
Full Member
Nope, I doubt anyone will till at least Mid December!Has anyone heard anything from VCU?
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I wonder when last years was notified? I asked lynchburg for an extension but I dont know if they will allow it....I was not aware of that but that sucks!! Thanks for letting me know!