You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VA DPT Schools 2020-2021
Started by VAprept104
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
DPT2beAJC
Full Member
Yes but I saw they sent out acceptanceDid anyone else get the email yesterday from VCU asking to send updated grades?
to some today
Yes I got that email.Did anyone else get the email yesterday from VCU asking to send updated grades?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shortysmorty
Full Member
Congratulations!! Will you be attending? Do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your app?I just got my letter of acceptance from VCU!!
shortysmorty
Full Member
Yeah I think it was automaticDid anyone else get the email yesterday from VCU asking to send updated grades?
Thank you! VCU is my top choice so I will be attending!Congratulations!! Will you be attending? Do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your app?
I haven't done one of these but will give it my best!
University: VCU (Went to the University of Kentucky my freshman year)
Major: Biology with minors in Psychology and Chemistry
Overall GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
GRE: 152 V, 154 Q, 4.5 A
LOR: 1 PT, 1 OT, 2 Professors
Extra-curricular: Vice President of VCU club volleyball team and member all 4 years, Assistant coach to my old high school volleyball team, Preceptor at VCU for Anatomy for 3 semesters (1 volunteer), Waiter at a restaurant all 4 years of college, Head coach for high school travel volleyball team.
Observation Hours: 367 Outpatient, 40 inpatient acute
Applied: VCU, University of Washington, University of Florida
Acceptances: VCU
Denied: --
I submitted my application really late! I had it ready to submit on Oct. 1st but when they decided to extend the deadline, I opted to wait to submit mine. The pandemic hit hard for my family so having the extra month really helped. I submitted mine on October 25th so I was surprised that I heard back really early.
shortysmorty
Full Member
Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing. I'm very happy for you and will be awaiting a response soon.Thank you! VCU is my top choice so I will be attending!
I haven't done one of these but will give it my best!
University: VCU (Went to the University of Kentucky my freshman year)
Major: Biology with minors in Psychology and Chemistry
Overall GPA: 3.64
Pre-Req GPA: 3.75
GRE: 152 V, 154 Q, 4.5 A
LOR: 1 PT, 1 OT, 2 Professors
Extra-curricular: Vice President of VCU club volleyball team and member all 4 years, Assistant coach to my old high school volleyball team, Preceptor at VCU for Anatomy for 3 semesters (1 volunteer), Waiter at a restaurant all 4 years of college, Head coach for high school travel volleyball team.
Observation Hours: 367 Outpatient, 40 inpatient acute
Applied: VCU, University of Washington, University of Florida
Acceptances: VCU
Denied: --
I submitted my application really late! I had it ready to submit on Oct. 1st but when they decided to extend the deadline, I opted to wait to submit mine. The pandemic hit hard for my family so having the extra month really helped. I submitted mine on October 25th so I was surprised that I heard back really early.
Last edited:
shortysmorty
Full Member
Congratulations!! Will you be attending? Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?Just got my acceptance to VCU!!
Thank you so much! Best of luck! Hopefully you get an acceptance soon tooCongratulations!! And thanks for sharing. I'm very happy for you and will be awaiting a response soon.
Congrats! Current first year here. Look forward to meeting you guys next year!I got accepted into Murphy Deming and plan on attending!
I applied mid November and heard back December 8th that they have my verified ptcas app (I submitted my supplemental online and called to confirm they received that) and due to the volume of apps there is no time frame that they can provide for a final decision 🙁. Have you heard anything about a decision?Has anyone that applied to Hampton heard anything back (even if it’s just that they received your app?)
Nope, got the same message as you. I don’t think anyone has heard anything aside from thatI applied mid November and heard back December 8th that they have my verified ptcas app (I submitted my supplemental online and called to confirm they received that) and due to the volume of apps there is no time frame that they can provide for a final decision 🙁. Have you heard anything about a decision?
I guess we'll have to wait until next year then. I'll let you know if I hear anything else!Nope, got the same message as you. I don’t think anyone has heard anything aside from that
catdpt2024
New Member
Just got my acceptance letter from ODU!
shortysmorty
Full Member
I just got mine as well!!! Congrats!!Just got my acceptance letter from ODU!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catdpt2024
New Member
Sorry I didn’t see this! Yes, I will be attending. I submitted my app in august.Congratulations!! Will you be attending? Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?
University: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise
cGPA - 3.88
pGPA - 4.0
GRE - 150 Q 153 V 5 AWA
Hours - 143 hours mixed settings
Extracurriculars - athletic trainer for sports med department, A&P TA, SAAC rep, on exec board of a club
shortysmorty
Full Member
Hey awesome! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations! Also a Hokie here, but a career changer. Still hoping for some good news from VCU!Sorry I didn’t see this! Yes, I will be attending. I submitted my app in august.
University: Virginia Tech
Major: Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise
cGPA - 3.88
pGPA - 4.0
GRE - 150 Q 153 V 5 AWA
Hours - 143 hours mixed settings
Extracurriculars - athletic trainer for sports med department, A&P TA, SAAC rep, on exec board of a club
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
I just completed my academic update in PTCAS for VCU! I didnt hear anything from ODU... no denial or acceptance so I am unsure what happened?
shortysmorty
Full Member
Well, no news is good news. ODU deposits are due Jan 15, so you might hear something after that when they know how many spots they still have to fill.I just completed my academic update in PTCAS for VCU! I didnt hear anything from ODU... no denial or acceptance so I am unsure what happened?
catdpt2024
New Member
Has anyone paid their deposit for VCU? I paid mine a couple weeks ago and got an email from VCU Grad Admissions saying my acceptance has been processed. So I'm not really sure how I know for sure VCU DPT has gotten my deposit. Also saw that the FB group has been created for the class of 2024 but haven't been invited to join yet.
I still haven't heard back from VCU. I dont know how long they usually take to get back to their applicants. It sure feels like a long wait though.Nope, I doubt anyone will till at least Mid December!
VAprept104
Full Member
I haven't either.. I know they sent out a first wave, I think they'll send out a second wave after the Jan 15th deposit deadline.. fingers crossed!I still haven't heard back from VCU. I dont know how long they usually take to get back to their applicants. It sure feels like a long wait though.
shortysmorty
Full Member
Just got my acceptance to VCU!!!!
Edit: I paid my deposit to VCU this morning (1/13) and declined my seat at ODU. I hope this helps someone!
Edit: I paid my deposit to VCU this morning (1/13) and declined my seat at ODU. I hope this helps someone!
Last edited:
wow congratulations!!!!!Just got my acceptance to VCU!!!!
ayeeelexis11
Full Member
Is anyone else on the waitlist for Shenandoah?
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
Yes 🙃Is anyone else on the waitlist for Shenandoah?
DPT2beAJC
Full Member
I was accepted but am not taking it, so that should open at least one slot to someone on the waitlistYes 🙃
VAprept104
Full Member
Just got pulled off of the Radford waitlist!
VAprept104
Full Member
Is anyone planning on attending RU???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ayeeelexis11
Full Member
Did anyone get off Shenandoah’s waitlist yet?
Vcuhopeful
New Member
Has anyone heard from VCU recently?
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
They said they had more than usual first round acceptances so to check back with them after February 8th! I’m hoping to get off of it!!Did anyone get off Shenandoah’s waitlist yet?
Livelyhokie.32
Full Member
Just got off of Radford’s waitlist and will most likely go there!
appleblossompt
Full Member
Any tips/info for the Radford interview?? I have one coming up and am very anxious!I just got an interview from Radford for next week, I heard back this morning!
appleblossompt
Full Member
Any tips/info for the Radford interview? I have one coming up and am very anxious!I submitted radford October 6th and just received an email this morning with an interview. Hopefully you hear back soon!! I think They will email up until Monday (?)
I was accepted yesterdayHas anyone heard back from Radford after the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad