VA DPT Schools 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder when last years was notified? I asked lynchburg for an extension but I dont know if they will allow it....
I think they had interviews in late November last year and were notified pretty fast! This year they had interviews a little earlier.. and ugh! I put a deposit on Lynchburg since it can be refunded but still have an interview planned in Dec for SU and waiting to hear back from RU & VCU!
 
I think they had interviews in late November last year and were notified pretty fast! This year they had interviews a little earlier.. and ugh! I put a deposit on Lynchburg since it can be refunded but still have an interview planned in Dec for SU and waiting to hear back from RU & VCU!
yeah they (UL) emailed me back saying they usually don’t accept extensions but I feel Like it would be easier for them to wait longer and have less refunds to do but idk lol. I’ll end up paying just in case. we basically applied to the same schools and I’m excited to see where we get in! hopefully our first choices, mine has shifted to RU. I just Interviewed at Murphy deming and I wasnt as impressed as I was With Radford but it’s so hard because we can’t tour in person. anyways fingers crossed for both of us!!
 
yeah they (UL) emailed me back saying they usually don’t accept extensions but I feel Like it would be easier for them to wait longer and have less refunds to do but idk lol. I’ll end up paying just in case. we basically applied to the same schools and I’m excited to see where we get in! hopefully our first choices, mine has shifted to RU. I just Interviewed at Murphy deming and I wasnt as impressed as I was With Radford but it’s so hard because we can’t tour in person. anyways fingers crossed for both of us!!
I bet your interview went great!! It does seem like we did apply to all the same schools! My interview with RU did not go well in my own opinion, so I'm hoping my interview with SU goes a lot better!! & yes, good luck I wish you the best!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an interview at SU on the 14th. I’ve had three other interviews and out of the three, Mary Baldwin is definitely my top choice so far. Where did you attend undergrad?
Oh nice! yeah i am still waiting to hear back from other schools but i want to save my spot since this is my first acceptance. FAU for undergrad
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to VCU, Duke, Pitt, Murphy Deming, Lynchburg, GWU, Shenandoah and ODU. Interviewed with Duke, GWU, Murphy Deming and have one scheduled for Shenandoah (Dec 14). Acceptances at Lynchburg and Murphy Deming. Waitlisted at Duke.

Just wanted to share my info if this helps any of you!
 
Has anyone heard from Emory and Henry recently? I emailed Tracie Sunday afternoon asking if they had an idea of when decisions would be released now that interviews are over and I never heard back.
 
Has anyone heard from Emory and Henry recently? I emailed Tracie Sunday afternoon asking if they had an idea of when decisions would be released now that interviews are over and I never heard back.
When was your interview? Heard back nothing at all after the interview? I believe they have another interview in January
 
When was your interview? Heard back nothing at all after the interview? I believe they have another interview in January
I got an email about being deferred again till after the January interviews. She also said I could update my grades to be reviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got this from Lynchburg
 

Attachments

  • 2C1969A6-3DDF-4621-95A6-D56639B4DE37.jpeg
    2C1969A6-3DDF-4621-95A6-D56639B4DE37.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 205
Just got this from Lynchburg
I know their deposit is refundable and with them being one of the first schools to give decisions, I would not be surprised if you got in later! A lot of other schools are giving decisions now or in the near future so I wouldnt worry!! They also have a new deadline for deposits because there first one was nov. 18 so after that wave, I hope you hear something!
 
Has anyone who applied to Emory and Henry heard from Tracie/know if she has other contact info? I emailed her twice over the past 2 weeks and nothing.
 
Just got an email from Hampton saying that they’ve received my application and that they’re unable to provide a timeframe for when decisions will be made
 
Do you know if they are going to be sending out more information to us? Regarding start times, next steps, student connections, etc
They should be. I don’t know when though. I’m sure within the next couple of weeks they will give us more info. Did you set up your email and stuff for them? That’s all I’ve done so far. I think we get connected to a Facebook page too with other students.
 
Did anyone who is interviewing with SU get the email about the itinerary? I was wondering how you know which session you're in or if I am missing an email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone who is interviewing with SU get the email about the itinerary? I was wondering how you know which session you're in or if I am missing an email?
They sent me an email a lil while ago with the time of my interview so I think you are in the same session as your interview time!