-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants
Started by cdo96
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Out of State Alternate 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A C C E P T E D ! !
Congrats!!
Accepted out of state!!
I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel
I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel
Accepted OoS!!!
Accepted out of state!!
I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel
As someone who interviewed at both LMU and VT, I found the program to be deeper and offered more in its options at VT. Where LMU has a good program, its still a new school so it doesn't offer as many electives, club, and activities as VT. For example, vt has a fully functional vet clinic that preforms complex equine surgeries and caters to the surrounding areas. VT also has tons of barns located very close to the vet school, and I always see vet students coming out to the barns for classes. I currently attend undergrad here, and in regards to the community, it really has a small town atmosphere. While LMU is an extremely small town, its very isolated, both from the main campus and civilization. Blacksburg is an adorable little town with cute shops and restaurants, tons of trails to hike and a river to float down. I didn't find any of these things at LMU. The community in Blacksburg fully embraces the 'Hokie' life, and are kind and supportive of campus life. Coming from NYC, I was stunned by the generosity of the locals. Defiantly come tour when you can, the campus looks like Hogwarts!
Plus, you cant forget the division 1 football!
Accepted OOS! This is my first acceptance...so wow...completely surreal that I'm actually going to be a veterinarian!😱

Accepted!!!
Yay! You need to get "hopeful" out of your signature!
Yay! You need to get "hopeful" out of your signature!
Done! Congrats to you!
Does someone know if the ranking of the waitilist is based only on the interview score or the overall score of the application?
I remember the statement being made that "scores were set to zero once you get an interview," so I'd think waitlist is purely based on the interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember the statement being made that "scores were set to zero once you get an interview," so I'd think waitlist is purely based on the interviews.
My impression as well
Oh I am so ready to watch the **** show this is going to turn into.I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
Congrats!!
Thank you!!
Oh I am so ready to watch the **** show this is going to turn into.
![]()
Hahah yup that fire just started burnin'... Love that meme btw so funny
Accepted out of state!!
I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel
Same, I loved LMU as well. It is also cheaper than VT. However, it is not accredited yet, there are only about 15 clubs on campus, and it doesn't have a teaching hospital. I interviewed at both, and although I think LMU is amazing, I would still go with the more established school. Also, if you're interested in getting a MPH, LMU does not offer that.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
:troll:I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
But it's so funny when they get food:troll:
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
VMH, no!But it's so funny when they get food
VMH, yes!VMH, no!
I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
Hahahah this meme! I need to find one now..
Not gonna lie, I read this as "love2hunt, @mmmdreamerz , what a name." And I thought you were throwing shade on 3M strips and I was ready to go to battle for her honor.I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
This one is always goodHahahah this meme! I need to find one now..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm also partial to this one:
I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
Not gonna lie, I read this as "love2hunt, @mmmdreamerz , what a name." And I thought you were throwing shade on 3M strips and I was ready to go to battle for her honor.
Hahahahaha your the best cdoc😍. I totally see what you mean there with how he wrote that...trolls be trollin'
I was gonna play troll madlibs but you took the fun out of itnaughty naughty
But also I told y'all this was gonna be a **** show. Remind me again how you're a paragon of compassion and kindness because you choose to shoot off your mouth instead of a firearm?
Ain't nobody choosing this one on purpose lolThis one doesn't even KNOW to how troll properly. What kind of failure of a troll are you?! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
I didn't even apply to VA-MD but I was lurking and good lord I've seen better trolls
Hey look, that post is already gone. The banhammer is just, swift, and downright furious.



Aw, I took too long finding gifs of animals eating popcorn and now the troll's gone. Oh well, here are some cute animals!
Also, lol. Where does Willy000 think we are, pre allo?
When you're trolling trolls you gotta play it fast and loose to keep up. 😉 These are quality popcorn gifs though!Aw, I took too long finding gifs of animals eating popcorn and now the troll's gone. Oh well, here are some cute animals!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Daaaang. I was reading through this and I saw that and I was like "oops! Let's play how long is it gonna take before Mod God comes in" apparently they beat me to it!Hey look, that post is already gone. The banhammer is just, swift, and downright furious.![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bed/ nap actually sounds really nice. Especially a bed with vmh in it.vetmedhead, go back to bed

🤣Bed/ nap actually sounds really nice. Especially a bed with vmh in it.![]()
Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone, let's all applaud Willy000. Today the local middle schoolers taught him how to try to insult someone.vetmedhead, go back to bed
Also, look, he found the space bar! Wonder how long that took to figure out.
