VA-MD c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alternate :(

Members don't see this ad.

Alternate In-State. I was not at all a fan of their interview questions, so I'm not too surprised. But, I'll be attending UC Davis! Congrats to everyone who got in!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted out of state!!

I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted out of state!!

I'm having a tough time really coming to terms with it. When I went to LMU I (surprisingly enough) fell in love with the area (came from a very small town) and the facilities and how very hands on and personal it was. It is also cheaper than the OOS for VA-MD.
My interest in VA-MD is in their MPH dual program but I didn't get a great impression fromy my tour or the students.
If anyone has opinions I'd love to hear them. I'm hoping to gour down for spring break and try to get a better feel

As someone who interviewed at both LMU and VT, I found the program to be deeper and offered more in its options at VT. Where LMU has a good program, its still a new school so it doesn't offer as many electives, club, and activities as VT. For example, vt has a fully functional vet clinic that preforms complex equine surgeries and caters to the surrounding areas. VT also has tons of barns located very close to the vet school, and I always see vet students coming out to the barns for classes. I currently attend undergrad here, and in regards to the community, it really has a small town atmosphere. While LMU is an extremely small town, its very isolated, both from the main campus and civilization. Blacksburg is an adorable little town with cute shops and restaurants, tons of trails to hike and a river to float down. I didn't find any of these things at LMU. The community in Blacksburg fully embraces the 'Hokie' life, and are kind and supportive of campus life. Coming from NYC, I was stunned by the generosity of the locals. Defiantly come tour when you can, the campus looks like Hogwarts!

Plus, you cant forget the division 1 football!

In-state Hokie alum accepted!!:soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted OOS! This is my first acceptance...so wow...completely surreal that I'm actually going to be a veterinarian!:eek::clap:

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does someone know if the ranking of the waitilist is based only on the interview score or the overall score of the application?

Does someone know if the ranking of the waitilist is based only on the interview score or the overall score of the application?

I remember the statement being made that "scores were set to zero once you get an interview," so I'd think waitlist is purely based on the interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
Oh I am so ready to watch the **** show this is going to turn into.
tumblr_lmdunqhsrC1qjdhtro1_400.gif

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted out of state!!

Same, I loved LMU as well. It is also cheaper than VT. However, it is not accredited yet, there are only about 15 clubs on campus, and it doesn't have a teaching hospital. I interviewed at both, and although I think LMU is amazing, I would still go with the more established school. Also, if you're interested in getting a MPH, LMU does not offer that.

I kind of wonder how many of the accepted applicants are actually going to make an honest, decent, and caring veterinarians? love2hunt mmm what a name... It's like saying I want to be a doctor to help people but at the same time I'd like to hunt them to conserve their populations.
:troll:

Reactions: 9 users
popcorn_yes.gif

Not gonna lie, I read this as "love2hunt, @mmmdreamerz , what a name." And I thought you were throwing shade on 3M strips and I was ready to go to battle for her honor.

Reactions: 4 users

chloe-meme-original.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Not gonna lie, I read this as "love2hunt, @mmmdreamerz , what a name." And I thought you were throwing shade on 3M strips and I was ready to go to battle for her honor.

Hahahahaha your the best cdoc:love:. I totally see what you mean there with how he wrote that...trolls be trollin'

But also I told y'all this was gonna be a **** show. Remind me again how you're a paragon of compassion and kindness because you choose to shoot off your mouth instead of a firearm?

Reactions: 2 users
This one doesn't even KNOW to how troll properly. What kind of failure of a troll are you?! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

Reactions: 6 users

e31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users
giphy.gif

I didn't even apply to VA-MD but I was lurking and good lord I've seen better trolls

Reactions: 4 users
Aw, I took too long finding gifs of animals eating popcorn and now the troll's gone. Oh well, here are some cute animals!

tumblr_mysstb4Ybj1sxxd1oo1_500.gif

f94f74757ea1604d99284439754b448f.gif

popcorncropped.gif

25yy8mf.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Hey look, that post is already gone. The banhammer is just, swift, and downright furious. :flame::nod::claps:
Daaaang. I was reading through this and I saw that and I was like "oops! Let's play how long is it gonna take before Mod God comes in" apparently they beat me to it!