Rmack1219

7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2012
Status
  1. Psychology Student
Hello,

Has anyone had success with receiving the VA SLRP? I am currently in the onboarding process for a psychologist position with the VA. And there's been a few hiccups. The Chief who hired me thought that I should be started at higher than a GS 13 step 1, he signed paper work and completed justification to be submitted to a review board. I was just notified that it likely wouldn't pass because nothing is being approved. However, I've also been researching the VA SLRP program and I keep seeing that it has to be a part of your hire letter. I haven't received my firm offer yet so I figured now would be the best time to negotiate. All of the things I've found on Dr. Google makes it seem like psychologists never receive this. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Please share your experiences if you have any. Thanks!

summerbabe

2+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2016
Status
  1. Psychologist
However, I've also been researching the VA SLRP program and I keep seeing that it has to be a part of your hire letter. I haven't received my firm offer yet so I figured now would be the best time to negotiate.
Do you mean the VA EDRP program?

Psychologists can definitely receive it for hard to fill positions but the original USAJobs announcement for your position needed to say 'incentive eligible' in its fine print, also specifically said it was EDRP eligible, and then EDRP must be written into your offer letter.

If it was in the original job announcement, definitely bring it up with your chief. If not, their hands are tied as, unfortunately (as far as I know).

Reactions: 1 user

ProfessionalStudent5

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2017
Status
  1. Psychologist
Do you mean the VA EDRP program?

Psychologists can definitely receive it for hard to fill positions but the original USAJobs announcement for your position needed to say 'incentive eligible' in its fine print, also specifically said it was EDRP eligible, and then EDRP must be written into your offer letter.

If it was in the original job announcement, definitely bring it up with your chief. If not, their hands are tied as, unfortunately (as far as I know).

Hello,

No, I mean the SLRP program which pays 10k per year for a max of 6 years and requires signing a 3 year contract. My job is eligible for the EDRP and I will be applying for that. However, the SLRP program can be run concurrently with other loan repayment programs.

About the Ads

Action_Potential

2+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2018
Status
  1. Psychology Student
Hello,

No, I mean the SLRP program which pays 10k per year for a max of 6 years and requires signing a 3 year contract. My job is eligible for the EDRP and I will be applying for that. However, the SLRP program can be run concurrently with other loan repayment programs.

I’ve never known anyone to successfully receive SLRP. EDRP yes, and EDRP concurrent with PSLF, but not a single case of SLRP.

Reactions: 1 users

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads