Vaccination mandate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thecentral09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey team,
More venting than anything, but wanted to hear others experiences. I’m currently rural hospital employed but working on transition to PP. Working in the hospital has been increasingly hard due to lack of staff in the last 1.5 years, however that seems to be getting extraordinarily more difficult with the vaccination mandate starting the first of next year. I currently had another staff member quit today, and the second to come in the next month due to not getting vaccinated, Which leaves me with two part-time employees with a clinic that runs volume at 85th percentile MGMA. We have had job openings for over a year without any luck. Are there others in this position, and how her private practice docs fared compared to this experience

Members don't see this ad.

I keep reading this as Vacation Mandate and I am all for that…

So, private doctor’s offices are actually exempt from the mandate if you read the FAQs. It has something to do with not having a signed safety agreement with CMS. The hospital should be working harder to fix the staffing problems.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Hey team,
More venting than anything, but wanted to hear others experiences. I’m currently rural hospital employed but working on transition to PP. Working in the hospital has been increasingly hard due to lack of staff in the last 1.5 years, however that seems to be getting extraordinarily more difficult with the vaccination mandate starting the first of next year. I currently had another staff member quit today, and the second to come in the next month due to not getting vaccinated, Which leaves me with two part-time employees with a clinic that runs volume at 85th percentile MGMA. We have had job openings for over a year without any luck. Are there others in this position, and how her private practice docs fared compared to this experience
same situation here. It sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's everywhere. In PP, you'll have more control to provide proper incentives to recruit and retain staff. It will be more expensive than it has been, but what isn't (with the glaring exception being our reimbursement.)

Hey team,
Let's go Brandon.

Honestly, the only thing you can do is offer to pay your staff more, which if you're in the hospital may be difficult.

I paid my staff small bonus to get their vaccine

Umm..dollar general is offering 24/hour..to stock shelves. That’s what my ma makes and works a hell of a lot harder than that. Staffing issues are everywhere.. #thegreatresignation

Reactions: 2 users
Let's go Brandon.

Honestly, the only thing you can do is offer to pay your staff more, which if you're in the hospital may be difficult.

The whole "Let's go Brandon" thing demonstrates that Conservatives have the remarkable ability to take something as inherently cool as swearing and make it extremely uncool. If you want to say "**** Joe Biden", go ahead and say it. Nobody cares if you do.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
The whole "Let's go Brandon" thing demonstrates that Conservatives have the remarkable ability to take something as inherently cool as swearing and make it extremely uncool. If you want to say "**** Joe Biden", go ahead and say it. Nobody cares if you do.
That’s not really what it means. It’s about the media telling you what to think, as if the crowd wasn’t saying FJB. And to be fair, Let’s go Brandon is much more benign then what liberals were screaming from the rooftops(incorrectly) about Trump. I also thought swearing was cool….when I was in high school.

That’s not really what it means. It’s about the media telling you what to think, as if the crowd wasn’t saying FJB. And to be fair, Let’s go Brandon is much more benign then what liberals were screaming from the rooftops(incorrectly) about Trump. I also thought swearing was cool….when I was in high school.

Say what you want about liberals and Joe Biden, but don't you dare say that swearing isn't cool.