Vaccinations before matriculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sooo I have heard virtually nothing from my school about any vaccinations or physicals that need to be completed prior to orientation in 3 weeks. Does anyone have any idea what the standard protocol is for this?

Members don't see this ad.

sooo I have heard virtually nothing from my school about any vaccinations or physicals that need to be completed prior to orientation in 3 weeks. Does anyone have any idea what the standard protocol is for this?
There is enough variation from school to school that there is no "standard." You might check last year's school specific thread for your institution to see if anything was mentioned there.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is enough variation from school to school that there is no "standard." You might check last year's school specific thread for your institution to see if anything was mentioned there.

You could also try googling your school's student health services and getting in touch with them to ask. Or if you have a Facebook group for your admitted class which includes current students, you can ask them.

(This is what I had to do; my school requires vaccinations and physicals to be in by mid-July but still has not contacted us about it)

Reactions: 1 user
Check student health website for sure. I think I remember receiving my info sometime in June

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Follow the advice everyone else gave, but also get started on this ASAP. Some of these things can take a few weeks (Hep B titer, PPD, etc.) so you wanna make sure you'll have enough time to get everything done before the deadline.