**Vanderbilt Class of 2013**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Love this school. Love all y'all haha!

Members don't see this ad.

Best second-look weekend ever!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome meeting you guys. Vandy really went alllll out. For all future application cycles, go to Vandy 2nd look even if u have no intention of going there -- its a great time. While the UCs are struggling to budget in their 2nd looks (UCSD) and are having the students finance it themselves, Vandy is putting its students up at the Loews, holding fancy dinners at symphony halls, having the Mayor speak to students, and showing us an amazing time. That really gets me thinking...

Anyways, to those of u who will be at Vandy next year, congrats and good luck!

PS Dr Zic is my idol.

Did you withdraw from UMich and Pitt yet?! I'm onto you! And of course you recognize the sig :D

Yep, I withdrew from Pitt online and wrote Michigan an email...only Vanderbilt left. So, it's absolutely 100% official. I'm sooo happy.

Yep, I withdrew from Pitt online and wrote Michigan an email...only Vanderbilt left. So, it's absolutely 100% official. I'm sooo happy.

Wooooooo!!! :D:D:D:D:D

man, I dont know how I'm gonna wait until this summer. I guess I'll have driving lessons to keep me busy :)mad:)

so you guys should just withdraw from Vandy.....b/c i am on the waitlist and i really really really really really^billion want to go there.........

Vandy definitely knew how to wine and dine us, but what really made the weekend was the people.

Y'all are gonna have an amazing class!

It truly was an amazing time. Wish you could have come JimCAN, but rest assured that if you do indeed attend...you will love our class. The people were incredible and I know it's going to be an amazing four years.

Are you not planning to attend stixx?

It truly was an amazing time. Wish you could have come JimCAN, but rest assured that if you do indeed attend...you will love our class. The people were incredible and I know it's going to be an amazing four years.

Are you not planning to attend stixx?
I doubt I'd be as happy anywhere else :D I'm just painfully indecisive. Hopefully I'll know for sure by the end of next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to double check if I missed any administrative stuff such as forms or requirements needed.
-acceptance
-background check
-transcripts

Also, did anyone look at housing options?

I just wanted to double check if I missed any administrative stuff such as forms or requirements needed.
-acceptance
-background check
-transcripts

I think you should be good so far. You definitely matriculating?! Pretty soon (hopefully), Vandy will be sending us some health/physical stuff that we need to complete, but that hasn't come to pass yet.

I'm starting to buckle down and look for housing options via craigslist, and a few local Nashville realty websites.

I doubt I'd be as happy anywhere else :D I'm just painfully indecisive. Hopefully I'll know for sure by the end of next week.

Well, I certainly can't wait to hear if you're coming stixx!! We had tons of fun with you!

Hey - did they mention at second look when our financial aid awards would be sent?

Edit: never mind, found it on the website..they start mailing them on April 15th/18th.

-acceptance
-background check
-transcripts

If you don't have citizenship you have to apply for an I-20 and fill out the financial statement form.

aebvd97, me too!

I feel that it is absolutely necessary that I revive this thread after days of disrepair. How are y'all doin'?

Hey guys, does anyone know how Vandy notifies us of our financial aid package (snail mail, e-mail, etc.)? April 15th is coming up which is the initial release date - if we submitted our FAFSA and Vandy app before March 1st, can we expect to be getting an aid decision on this date? Thanks.

Hey guys, does anyone know how Vandy notifies us of our financial aid package (snail mail, e-mail, etc.)? April 15th is coming up which is the initial release date - if we submitted our FAFSA and Vandy app before March 1st, can we expect to be getting an aid decision on this date? Thanks.

At second look they said they'd start mailing them out on the 15th and they'd be done by the 17th. I'm guessing it'll come in an overly small envelope like all of Vandy's mailings (*grumble*).

At second look they said they'd start mailing them out on the 15th and they'd be done by the 17th. I'm guessing it'll come in an overly small envelope like all of Vandy's mailings (*grumble*).

Thanks LET :)

Truth. I spoke to someone in the Financial Aid office. They hope to have all the accepted students' packages out by Friday, assuming your file is complete.

By the way LET and aebvd, I decided today on Vanderbilt. I was at Second Look and am wondering who you guys are...did you join the Facebook group?

By the way LET and aebvd, I decided today on Vanderbilt. I was at Second Look and am wondering who you guys are...did you join the Facebook group?

Oh yay one more definite classmate! PMing you with my real name for facebook purposes (yes, I'm in the group).

AHAHAHAHA LET, you're so popular. Everyone wants to be your friend!

Hahaha hardly. Mostly, people just want to be like "Oh, YOU'RE LET". I had a bunch of lurkers come up to me at second look and go "you're LET?!" and walk away awkwardly. It's a really strange way to meet people, let me tell you.

Hahaha hardly. Mostly, people just want to be like "Oh, YOU'RE LET". I had a bunch of lurkers come up to me at second look and go "you're LET?!" and walk away awkwardly. It's a really strange way to meet people, let me tell you.

Which, by the way, was the best part of my weekend :)

And yeah, Lee, if you know LET from 2nd Look, you probably know me because we were pretty much together 24/7...but I PM'ed you my name so you can add me on facebook.

Which, by the way, was the best part of my weekend :)

And yeah, Lee, if you know LET from 2nd Look, you probably know me because we were pretty much together 24/7...but I PM'ed you my name so you can add me on facebook.

Talking about semi-awkward meetings. Aebvd and I had one of these ourselves at the bar. Except I don't think either of us actually ran away from each other? HAHA. I see that the two of you have basically become attached at the hip... :p

Talking about semi-awkward meetings. Aebvd and I had one of these ourselves at the bar. Except I don't think either of us actually ran away from each other? HAHA. I see that the two of you have basically become attached at the hip... :p

LET and I are pretty much BFF.

Yeah, our meeting at the bar was strange because I had no clue who you were or how you knew my name...but it's all good!

LET and I are pretty much BFF.

Yeah, our meeting at the bar was strange because I had no clue who you were or how you knew my name...but it's all good!

Blame it on LET! She was so excited to finally meet you that she couldn't contain herself and told me everything before you walked by!

Blame it on LET! She was so excited to finally meet you that she couldn't contain herself and told me everything before you walked by!

She would. LETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! :diebanana:

By the way VMan, are you set on Vanderbilt?

Hahaha wtf, days of no activity and suddenly this thread is hawttt.

Aebvd are going to be roomies. And no, you may not beat me...like a banana...er...

What can I say, meeting my fellow SDNers got me a little overexcited. Especially the ones who weren't sketchy about it :rolleyes: (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

Vman, you're coming. We can't break this awesome little group.

Hahaha wtf, days of no activity and suddenly this thread is hawttt.

Aebvd are going to be roomies. And no, you may not beat me...like a banana...er...

What can I say, meeting my fellow SDNers got me a little overexcited. Especially the ones who weren't sketchy about it :rolleyes: (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

Vman, you're coming. We can't break this awesome little group.

hah ok...there will be no beating of you LET, my dear. And, yes...it was very exciting meeting all the SDNers. I'm glad at least some of us weren't ashamed to show ourselves (come out, demon lurkers!).

Is anyone doing anything interesting this summer?

Not sure why I was randomly reading the Vandy thread... but...

I got this too @ UCSD's 2nd look, haha :)

Looks like Vandy's 2nd look was a lot of fun!

Not sure why I was randomly reading the Vandy thread... but...

I got this too @ UCSD's 2nd look, haha :)

Looks like Vandy's 2nd look was a lot of fun!

It's because you secretly want to be a part of our class ;).

Where? I've been looking all over facebook for a group for our class!! Tell me! =]

any news on the finance packages?

Not sure if you all have gotten finaid packages yet, but here is an email we received today:

Dear medical students,

We are very pleased to announce that despite the financial constraints caused by the economic downturn, we have been able to hold the tuition increase for FY2009-10 to 2.5%. This is the first time in at least ten years that tuition increase will be less that 5%.

In addition, for the first time in history, due largely to the generosity of our alumni, faculty and friends, we are able to provide every medical student enrolled at Vanderbilt a minimum scholarship of $2000, regardless of demonstrated need, for the coming academic year. This amount exceeds the 2.5% increase; hence, effectively tuition has decreased by $1000 for the 2009-2010 academic year.

We remain extremely concerned about the impact of debt on our students. We are firmly committed to doing everything possible to significantly reduce this burden over time, so that financial considerations do not constrain the career choices of our students. We consider this a small but significant first step - a turning point in our ongoing efforts to make a Vanderbilt medical education affordable for everyone.

Please contact Mrs. Vicky Cagle if you have any questions about this program.

Best Wishes,

Scott Rodgers, M.D.
Bonnie Miller, M.D,
Jeff Balser, M.D., PhD.

Woohoo! :D

Not sure if you all have gotten finaid packages yet, but here is an email we received today:

Woohoo! :D

Haven't received the finaid packages yet, but this is great news, Bretticus! Thanks so much for sharing!

wow that is awesome news!! and a great word is minimum $2000. I wish i could get these forms in but Canadian taxes arent due until end of april and my parents are reviewing their stuff with the accountant in the next two weeks. Finances are the biggest concern for me right now so i really wanna know!

also going to join the facebook group

great news! thanks for sharing :)

Hey Everyone!! I was so excited to hear about Vandy's 2k scholarship. This school is so baller lol..

Anyway, Has anyone started doing research on the best student lender?

Which one has the lowest fees and best rewards?

Thanks,
Neil

I spoke with someone in the financial aid office, and she indicated that all of the letters were sent out Friday, April 17. So, hopefully I'll receive mine today!

Best wishes to all!

I got my financial aid package and it is pretty reasonable (some scholarship money). Coincidentally, I also got packages from Emory and UMiami today and they were 100% loans! Emory didn't even cover the whole cost of attendance - I would need to borrow from private lenders which is insane. Yay for Vandy! :D

Hey Everyone!! I was so excited to hear about Vandy's 2k scholarship. This school is so baller lol..

Anyway, Has anyone started doing research on the best student lender?

Which one has the lowest fees and best rewards?

Thanks,
Neil

I think they are pretty much all the same (since the feds set the interest rate and repayment details). Someone correct me if I am wrong. I've gone with SallieMae for both my undergrad and graduate loans since they seem like the biggest lender around.